It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children Given Gag Order In Pennsylvania Fracking Suit Settlement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Children given Gag Order in Pennsylvainia Fracking suit Settlement

Two Pennsylvania children have been banned from talking about shale gas drilling, or fracking, for what appears to be the rest of their lives by the terms of a legal settlement reached between their parents, Chris and Stephanie Hallowich, and three oil and gas companies who lead drilling operations at the state’s Marcellus Shale.

summary

Parents bought land

Not aware of leases on nearby lands

Drilling things went into place

Kids started getting sick

Took company to court
Company settled

part of agreement
Gag order

Newspaper filed to get court records
oked

Documents wording mean two minors can NOT discuss case

They do mention that this has become part of the industries standard tactics
(links are lacking IMHO)

What I do I agree with is that the agreement was entered into on behalf of the kids
may not be legal when they turn eighteen

"Show my legal signature..."

Of note is the fact that the industry doe have a lot of these issues

I was listening to a moral adviser I have
He was explaining several cases were
-pollution of water wells
-sickness clusters
-animals dying

The only change was the fracking in the area

What gets me about all of this is why do they no just be safe in the dealings. Long term the greatest profits arise from this..

The technology is easy as pie..

Fracking

Hydraulic fracturing is the fracturing of rock by a pressurized liquid. Some hydraulic fractures form naturally—certain veins or dikes are examples. Induced hydraulic fracturing or hydrofracturing, commonly known as fracking, is a technique in which typically water is mixed with sand and chemicals, and the mixture is injected at high pressure into a wellbore to create small fractures (typically less than 1mm), along which fluids such as gas, petroleum, uranium,[1] and brine water may migrate to the well. The radial distance of influence of the process from the well bore is typically 150 yards.[citation needed] Hydraulic pressure is removed from the well, then small grains of proppant (sand or aluminium oxide) hold these fractures open once the rock achieves equilibrium. The technique is very common in wells for shale gas, tight gas, tight oil, and coal seam gas[2][3] and hard rock wells. This well stimulation is only conducted once in the life of the well and greatly enhances fluid removal and well productivity. A different technique where only acid is injected is referred to as acidizing.

I never try to argue that I am that bright but the safety technology cant be more complicated..

I think the simplest solution would be the best..

The executives, shareholders, board, and ones doing the work
Be required to use only the water from these areas for drinking and bathing
it is all their immediate family can drink... i.e. their spouses and children

The peoblem would solve itself

I do find these trends disturbing..
what is truly being hidden

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

1 - therse already a thread on this

2 - fundamentaly unenforceable

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Parents can't sign away the Children's rights. When they hit 18 they are open to sue the Frackers..... (and their parents) if they so choose. I own an adventure company and kids under 18 can come back and sue me when they are 18...... Sad but true.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
mad now... erased post I was working on

ok

abovetopsecret.com.samuru.com...

No results found. Check your search terms and try again.

If you feel you received this message in error, and would like to assist us in finding out why, please visit our support page.

PDF court papers from earth justice

and

www.rangeresources.com...

Range Resources seeks to consistently drive up production and reserves, while maintaining
one of the lowest cost structures in the industry in order to increase shareholder value.
With this strategy we have established an excellent track record of growth. More importantly, we now have the best inventory of projects in our Company’s history. With ~1 million net acres in the Marcellus Shale Play, as well as a number of other low-cost, low-risk targets, we have the potential to grow our proven reserve base by 7 to 10 times.

and

www.williamslp.com...

Williams Partners’ midstream assets make it one of the nation’s largest natural gas gatherers and processors. The partnership’s large-scale midstream assets are concentrated in major producing basins in Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, the Gulf of Mexico, and the Marcellus Shale in Pennsylvania. These assets provide natural gas gathering, treating, and processing; natural gas liquid (NGL) fractionation, storage and transportation; and oil transportation.

of note a brag sheet like post on web site

www.markwest.com...

MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P. (NYSE: MWE) is a publicly traded master limited partnership formed in January 2002. We are engaged in the gathering, processing and transportation of natural gas; the transportation, fractionation, storage and marketing of NGLs; and the gathering and transportation of crude oil.

is traded on stock market

www.depweb.state.pa.us...

www.depweb.state.pa.us...

The Department of Environmental Protection's mission is to protect Pennsylvania's air, land and water from pollution and to provide for the health and safety of its citizens through a cleaner environment. We will work as partners with individuals, organizations, governments and businesses to prevent pollution and restore our natural resources.

are the respondants

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I searched for the thread preposting

I agree

edit:
will you please post a link to it
edit on 11-8-2013 by ripcontrol because: not finding other thread

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

See that is what I am thinking.. because they have guardianship until x years old

past that point..

fair game

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
ers.co.washington.pa.us...

court cases against range resources

unfortunately freedom of government access cost two dollars

ers.co.washington.pa.us...

markwest cases

again freedom of information

two dollars

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:41 PM