It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YO! Season 6 Breaking Bad thread !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

It's always interesting to see how so many people support so many different characters.

I can't stand hank. I think he is a bad guy. The only difference is he claims to be good. He beat the snot out of jessie. He's a bully. He's a coward who covers his cowardice with fake confidence. He doesn't appreciate his wife. (I think Marie deserves appreciating a lot more than skyler
)

I don't think Hank is mad at Walk because of the bad things walt has done. I think hank is mad at walt because walt bested him. He beat him. Years being a major drug figure right under the nose of your brother in law. Hank always underestimated and put down walt, and is angry that the power dynamic has changed. Hank doesn't see walt as the neutered pathetic creature he once did, and that makes him mad. Walt, at the very least, is an equal to hank now, and that scares and maddens him.

Walt isn't a good guy by any stretch, but few of the "bad" things he's done I can truly fault him for. Killing gus's drug dealers? nope. Letting jane die? Nope. Killing gus? Nope. His ordered killing of gale? Nope. Killing crazy 8 and the other drug dealer in season 1? Nope.

The only thing I can think of that walt did that was bad was poisoning brock. Horrible, yes, but few in this show are innocent, Walt is still my favorite character (other than Marie. Can you tell I like marie?)

The first episode was totally awesome, it moved a bit slow at first, but really picked up towards the end. I hate how an hour long show seems to be over in 10 minutes, that's a sign of good TV right there.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I like to see walt slowly turning into a badass!

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tylerdurden1
I like to see walt slowly turning into a badass!

Slowly? Did you just start watching BB?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Character progression is what makes this show so amazing. The characters grow and change like people do in real life. They're still basically the same people, but there are shifts in how their personality manifests itself.

In the first season, I hated Hank. He was a loud jerk who emasculated Walt. In five seasons he's become one of my favorite characters. He's still loud, he can still be a jerk to people, up until last night he still looked at Walt as a wimp. But now we've seen Hank get destroyed emotionally by anxiety and physically by the twins. We've seen how much he clearly loves his wife and his extended family, we've seen how passionate he is about his work. There's not really a ton of difference between season 1 Hank and season 6 Hank except that we've seen more of season 6 Hank.

Hank is not perfect. He did beat up Jessie, but he was a little justified in that. He thought his wife was dying in the hospital. He assumed Jessie was the one who got him away from the RV by telling him that lie. It's understandable that he would react violently. Hank isn't angry that Walt isn't the weakling he thought. He's angry that Walt has lied to him, endangered him and his family, put him through a lot of emotional and physical trauma. Yeah, he's mad that Heisenberg was right under his nose, but that's a small part of it.

Walt is a terrible, terrible person. He was not justified in killing Jane. She was bad for Jessie, but she didn't deserve to die. Also, her death led to the plane crash which killed a lot of people. Walt knows he was responsible for that, even if it's in a round about way. Walt is greedy, he constantly endangers his family, he only cares about himself (okay, he cares about his son and he used to care about Jessie, but that is long, long over), he's prideful, stupid and he is ridiculously callous. When that kid gets killed Walt doesn't seem all that bothered by it. He blows up a room in a nursing home. It couldn't have been only Tio and Gus in there. He kills Mike out of absolute stupidity. He has 13 people killed to save himself.

Some of these can be argued as self-preservation, but even then you can't deny that he's a drug kingpin who is murdering people for his own ends. And he doesn't seem fazed by it.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SaulGoodman

Aww man wish i never read that Mike dies? im only just onto season 5

very fitting name you have btw
edit on 18-8-2013 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by haven123

Aww man wish i never read that Mike dies? im only just onto season 5

very fitting name you have btw

I'm really sorry, man.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaulGoodman
Character progression is what makes this show so amazing. The characters grow and change like people do in real life. They're still basically the same people, but there are shifts in how their personality manifests itself.

In the first season, I hated Hank. He was a loud jerk who emasculated Walt. In five seasons he's become one of my favorite characters. He's still loud, he can still be a jerk to people, up until last night he still looked at Walt as a wimp. But now we've seen Hank get destroyed emotionally by anxiety and physically by the twins. We've seen how much he clearly loves his wife and his extended family, we've seen how passionate he is about his work. There's not really a ton of difference between season 1 Hank and season 6 Hank except that we've seen more of season 6 Hank.

Hank is not perfect. He did beat up Jessie, but he was a little justified in that. He thought his wife was dying in the hospital. He assumed Jessie was the one who got him away from the RV by telling him that lie. It's understandable that he would react violently. Hank isn't angry that Walt isn't the weakling he thought. He's angry that Walt has lied to him, endangered him and his family, put him through a lot of emotional and physical trauma. Yeah, he's mad that Heisenberg was right under his nose, but that's a small part of it.

Walt is a terrible, terrible person. He was not justified in killing Jane. She was bad for Jessie, but she didn't deserve to die. Also, her death led to the plane crash which killed a lot of people. Walt knows he was responsible for that, even if it's in a round about way. Walt is greedy, he constantly endangers his family, he only cares about himself (okay, he cares about his son and he used to care about Jessie, but that is long, long over), he's prideful, stupid and he is ridiculously callous. When that kid gets killed Walt doesn't seem all that bothered by it. He blows up a room in a nursing home. It couldn't have been only Tio and Gus in there. He kills Mike out of absolute stupidity. He has 13 people killed to save himself.

Some of these can be argued as self-preservation, but even then you can't deny that he's a drug kingpin who is murdering people for his own ends. And he doesn't seem fazed by it.

Very good points.

I think hank was justified beating up jessie, on a personal level. I think all of the "bad" deeds done by everybody have some justification, all the bad things walt has done haven't been without cause. It's interesting how different people draw the line differently as far what they will tolerate from the characters before turning their backs.

On the Jane thing, walt didn't even kill jane. She killed herself, if walt hadn't been there at all she would still be dead. Her heroin addiction killed her, and while walt refused to save her, she still did it to herself. As for the plane crash, that's getting pretty deep into cause and effect as far as blame is concerned, and personally I put more of that blame on jane's dad than walt. People loose close family all the time and don't go around causing the deaths of many people because of their sorrow, I think while walt was connected I can't put the blame at walt's feet for that one.

4 more hours until tonight's episode, very exciting!

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

all good, all caught up now
been watching all day

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

On the Jane thing, walt didn't even kill jane. She killed herself, if walt hadn't been there at all she would still be dead. Her heroin addiction killed her, and while walt refused to save her, she still did it to herself.

Mild point- she probably would not have died. I vaguely remember Walt knocking Jane over, which led to her choking on her vomit in her sleep. She made a point for her and Jesse to sleep on their sides (which she had been doing). But Walt knocked her over, IIRC. lol

And I agree with the poster above about Walt. Can't stand him but we're not supposed to. I liked the goofy in-over-his-head science geek Walt of seasons 1 and 2 but he grew too evil.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
So sad mike died, and tread lightly MO FO!
Too sweet!

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Oh Walt takes his being a Super Jerk very seriously tonight .

Jesse Pinkman = Meltdown or revenge, not sure yet

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Oh man, tonight's episode. Dude...

The writers are doing such an excellent job tying things in and setting a wrap up. I LOVE IT.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join