It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW!! The New Trailer of Thor 2: Dark World... and MORE.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Hey, guys.
Yes, I know, I already posted a trailer on Thor 2.
However, this one is much better (well, in my opinion). Thanks to Youtube's Geek Week, Marvel released a secondary trailer, revealing more of the new Thor's plot:

screencrush.com...

screencrush.com...

Frankly, it looks better and better each passing month. Unluckily, we have to wait till mid-November before finally seeing it.

The only glitch? In the first Thor, Heimdall (Idris Elba's character) was a very solemn and mysterious, dark, straight shoulders guy. A Guardian, a most-precious-kingdom-guardian. However, in this one, he seems to have been loosened up almost to the point of looking like Elba's character in Ghost Rider 2 (I hope some here saw it, so they know what I'm talking about
). Heimdall seems to have lost his solemn side. I hope it was only momentarily, like during a battle, or something like that, because I liked more the way he was in the first: a guardian. It was more like how Heimdall was represented in the Nordic mythology.

(Oh, and it isn't shown anywhere, not even in this new trailer, but Thor gets his right hand cut by Loki. FYI. )

Anyway, here's the video so that you don't need to click on the links.

Enjoy!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Finally, the MORE promised in the title of my thread:

Here is something my mother talked to me about and I just had to check it out and post it.
Just a comedy relief for dramatic moments.

I guess most of you followed the 2013 Comic-Con, and thus saw the following, but I still have to post it, for those who haven't seen it:

Hope you liked it!
edit on 10-8-2013 by starheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by starheart

I dunno, I think Heimdall still seems quite dignified, a little more relaxed, but
he was also out of uniform, so maybe he has less cause to be as formal.

I'm a big fan of Idris Elba, and next to Loki, his performance in the first Thor stole the show.

It also looks like the filmmakers have fleshed out Asgard a bit more in this one. I can't wait to
see it.

[eta]: I hadn't seen that Con footage. You gotta love Hiddleston. He's such a ham.

edit on 10-8-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garkiniss

I dunno, I think Heimdall still seems quite dignified, a little more relaxed, but
he was also out of uniform, so maybe he has less cause to be as formal.

Yeah, you're right. He's out of uniform. I haven't noticed that.

I'm a big fan of Idris Elba, and next to Loki, his performance in the first Thor stole the show.

It also looks like the filmmakers have fleshed out Asgard a bit more in this one. I can't wait to
see it.

I haven't seen much movies from Elba, I'm afraid, but yeah, Heimdall was really great in the first.
And I'm definitively excited too to see more of Asgard. I think it's gonna be a great movie.

[eta]: I hadn't seen that Con footage. You gotta love Hiddleston. He's such a ham.

Yeah, he's great. But the part that made my mother and I laugh is how no one would care if Loki would rule them.
I mean, he's the bad guy, and everyone is all: "Yeah!!!".

That footage was just so hilarious, I had to post it. I'm glad you liked it.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

This is the first time for me to see this. Thanks for embedding it in your post. It looks like they are trying to be very serious about a comic book flick. It is Thor the god of thunder.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Awesome! looks promising

I cant wait to see it!

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

reply to post by freedomwv

You're welcome!! It was my pleasure to post both videos, I thought some in ATS might like it.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Hi! Just posting new pics of Thor 2's bad guy, Malekith. Personally, I never saw one comic-book, so I've no idea if Eccleston's Malekith is the same as the original, but there you go:

His ship (I like it! Looks finally different. Like a futuristic boat-building):

screencrush.com...

Though... does anyone notice how Malekith looks like a mix of Viktor, the Elder Vampire of Underworld, and the Viceroy of Star Trek: Nemesis?

Anyway. So this is who's making Thor helpless. He seems quite easy to be hammer-smashed, though... He must have pretty big super-powers if even Odin can't stop him...

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
See the new updates on the plot here!
edit on 4-10-2013 by starheart because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join