It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citizens shut down police check point.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is exactly how the citizens will take back the country, one by one, Snowden, These Guys, the Independent Journalist, growing your own food, fighting Monsanto, fighting against the water flouridation, fighting against forced vaccination.

THIS IS PROOF, ONE PERSON can change the world, little by little, keep chipping away. The Internet unites us all and we get inspiration from videos like these to follow suit.

Next up, make a bunch of skull and cross-bone poison signs and plant them in front of GMO Corn fields on the Highway, informing everyone of what's really going on.

Star and Flag!!! Great video. Just made my day!!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

The test used to determine whether an arrest took place in a particular case is objective, and it turns on whether a reasonable person under these circumstances would believe he or she was restrained or free to go. A reasonable person is one who is not guilty of criminal conduct, overly apprehensive, or insensitive to the seriousness of the circumstances.

legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

Therefore, when a cop detains you on the highways for no wrong doing at all, unless you are immediately free to go, (and I MEAN IMMEDIATELY), you have been placed under arrest.

Which, by extension, violates your fourth amendment right to be protected against illegal seizure.
There is NO counter argument for this, because as the text states, it is objective. Black and white.
The cop shouldn't even ask for your ID.
ETA: The best way to put a stop to these check points would be a class action lawsuit brought forth by folks who have been illegally detained at them and then let go. Civil rights violations.

edit on 6-8-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I know these guys via facebook. I met C. Cantwell via liberty fest in NYC last October.

I've been meaning to join them in doing this. I support what they do 100%. This is how you fight the man.
edit on 8/6/2013 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Get the heck outta here, thats awesome.

Tell em we said thank you!

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

That's of course ridiculous. When the laws are unjust the people shouldn't be expected to obey them. Cops aare generally the beligerent one in traffic stop situations.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
These people deserve the noble peace price unlike that other guy.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

If any driver is stupid enough to drive without seatbelts on, they deserve all they get, In the event of an accident.

I know a couple of people that in the past were in an accident and swear that had they had a seat belt on, they would have been killed.

One fellow said that he had to stand nearly up on his brakes when he was in an accident and it messed his leg up when he crashed. [an idiot driver pulled out in front of him]
Had he stayed sitting with a seat belt on, his ribs would have been crushed.

To this day, they will NOT wear a seat belt.

It should be a personal choice, not mandatory.

No offence, but that story makes no sense at all, have you ever seen someones teeth et al and jaw's embedded in a dashboard? I have, and what's more I have no idea whether that person survived or not.
In edit I thought I should add this video from Fifth Gear, a motoring programme similar to Top Gear and it is not a marque sponsorship per se. All you guys stateside will be familiar with the Volvo estate, and not so much with a Renault, in this case a tiny sit-up-and- beg, Renault Modus and actually made for older folks, but I'll let the video do the talking.

edit on 6-8-2013 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

That was awesome! I live in a small town in MS where roadblocks like this take place almost every weekend. There are a whole lot of people here that are just barely getting by as it is, and these roadblocks and over policing are keeping those people right where they are.

Imagine being underemployed to the point that you can't afford insurance, or can't afford to get that windshield replaced in order to get an inspection sticker. Just when you reach a point where you can almost afford such things... BAM! Roadblock! Back to the poorhouse for you! And if you don't have insurance guess what, straight to jail and your car gets impounded. Say goodbye to that new job you just landed.

Off topic here, but does anyone else find it crazy that I can drive 90 MPH down the wrong side of the road with my ass hanging out the window, only to get a few tickets... but if I'm caught driving without insurance I go straight to jail?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by snarky412

Some times when leaving an event, they'll have a road block for checking for drunks.

So for me, that's not unusual to have check points.

I know a driver license comes with some stipulations because it is a PRIVILEGE not a RIGHT but…..

It should piss us all off that some states subject their people to this crap without due cause/due process/whatever. This is a clear encroachment on the fourth amendment, no??

If you think this encroaches upon your Fourth Amendment rights but then concede to the "privilege" claim; why don't you stand up for your Ninth Amendment rights as well? That is where the Right is derived from -- even though the Supreme Court made it harder by saying it was a "privilege and immunity" clause issue (maybe not making it harder but easily placing it under the guise of the Commerce Clause)....

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Well you get atleast 2 cars behind you when you are pulled over. They like to scare people

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Whether or not it makes sense to you, these people will NOT wear a seat belt due to what happened to them.

Not every one goes through the windshield.

The man was pinned from his legs down.
If he was sitting, his ribs would have been crushed and more than likely he would have died, per the paramedics.
To this day, he's got a limp in his leg.

It still should be a personal choice.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
These guys are out there doing something. Its brilliant and brave. Watching this made my day better. Kudos fellas.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Good. I have a huge problem with checkpoints. I don't mind that talking on the phone is illegal, don't really mind seat belt laws (some mild reservations) but I DO mind people being stopped by police for 'checkups'. Check points are pitched as a way of increasing awareness and saving lives, but I think there is an unspoken agreement that they are also revenue generators. Everyone bitches about the cops that work these things, but really you should be bitching about the people who allow them and require them. The cops performing this task are no more guilty than those who stop and submit to it.

Can we not call these guys heroes please? I like what they did, but they aren't 'brave patriots' with 'brass balls'. They stood on the side of the road and warned people. Again, awesome job, but lets not elevate it to absurd levels. Not to mention they were pretty annoyingly proud of themselves. Yeah, good on you, but tone it down a notch.

I'm sort of amazed how many states allow this nonsense. I've only seen one checkpoint, and I think it was in Canada. Like another poster (Seabag I think) pointed out driving is a privilege and not a right, but I don't think that means all your other rights go out the window when you hop in the car.

Sure, we don't have to call them patriots.

I think we can just agree to say they what they DID was heroic, and what they DID was patriotic.

We don't know enough about them (yet) to know if they themselves exemplify true patriotic behavior and true heroic behavior throughout all aspects of their lives.

However, make no mistake.....what they DID was HEROIC and PATRIOTIC.

Heroic for standing up to organized corruption, in the face of being jailed, beaten, or worse.

Patriotic for taking the time out of THEIR lives to warn other Americans who they don't even KNOW, about the organized crime sting up ahead the highway.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith

I'm certainly amazed ! These two persons were interfering with a legitimate police operation, it appears to me.

If any driver is stupid enough to drive without seatbelts on, they deserve all they get, In the event of an accident.

Sorry, I'm not going along with this silly anti police nonsense.

I am amazed they weren't arrested.....I don 't think they drove the police off, either, their operation came to an end...

Looks to me like they did the police officers job for them, reminding drivers to put their belts on...

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, "Mr. John Smith". I won't bother asking what branch of the LEO you work for, but just like the cop in the plain car who drove up to the two guys in the video.....you're cover is blown wide open.

No one here is cheering on the guys for impeding an honest, legitimate police investigation or service to humanity and the community. What these "cops" were doing is no service that I'm familar with, or recognize. It is a revenue trap, it is abusive, it is offensive....and people are treated like animals.

As another poster above said...they DO profile you during these stops. Look nervous? Stutter? Dark skinned? Wearing baggy clothes, or have piercings? Yea.....that a million other things will get you harassed and your car torn apart, for nothing. I've seen it happen too many times.

When your average citizen is so oblivious to the crimes being committed right in front of our very eyes, by the ones who are supposed to serve us no us, it is indeed a scary thing.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by HomerinNC

Good point.

And there were like 6 or 7 cop cars? Is there no more crime in America? Or is terrorizing citizens a full time job?

Is it me or are there WAY too many cops?

edit on 5-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

This happens in the UK as well mostly speed checks,looking for drink drivers and fuel checks,but I will say that although people on here are giving it the usual spin on this situation re there rights lets look at a possible scenarios.

They are warning people to put a seat belt on if they haven't already, what if one of those people is wanted, has just committed a crime elsewhere,or is on the way to commit one if they did not have a seat belt on they may have been stopped but not now. What if a drink/drugs driver is amongst them but not at the point were it's obvious they may get past.

Now in either scenario what if those people thinking they are helping their fellow citizens then get back into there cars and later that day one of their family/friends or even them ends up as a VICTIM because of what they think was a good thing to do.

I wonder how they feel then

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
What I find unnerving is that the guy tells them (the cars) to stop talking on their cell phone
and put their seatbelts on etc. He knows they are breaking the law and are being
a danger to other people. On the other hand he is all for another form of law - constitution law.

Isn't this double think?
Limbo

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I'm certainly amazed ! These two persons were interfering with a legitimate police operation, it appears to me.

Sorry, I'm not going along with this silly anti police nonsense.

I am amazed they weren't arrested.....I don 't think they drove the police off, either, their operation came to an end...

Looks to me like they did the police officers job for them, reminding drivers to put their belts on...

You sir, can keep your police state and your pro-authoritarian comments in jolly old England. In America we fight for our freedoms we dont kneel to tyrants.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Respectfully, If the citizens weren't so belligerent and contrary, and stayed within the law, the forces of law and order would find it difficult to hand out fines... This would be a far more sensible way of protesting against what is seen as a money making operation by the police ?

ok so a baby born out of the womb is a responsible,wise,cooperating for the greater good being... yeah right.... on top of that you got these corporation in the music,video game,movie industry creating garbage and feeding it to our youth and you dont expect sociatal decay give me a break. im one of them... people need to learn to think outside the box and take EVERY factor into account. furthermore! a community which of the like is the only type iv seen in my life sadly. the families that occupy said community are not very sociable. Espescially on these topics and just stick to themselves.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Traffic-Hazard Fuzz Check Point SHUT DOWN!

I smelt bacon burning in that video.

The chubby guy is lucky that he didn't get busted for making obscene gestures: his seatbelt-wearing hand movement could be misconstrued...

It's very inspiring to see that three clowns with a video camera and a placard could get the better of about a dozen highway cops in under 15 minutes.

Did others also see how some of those "officers of the law" made very dangerous merges into flowing traffic without even using their signals or overhead cherry light? The good citizens should have gotten their license plate info and have them given traffic citations.

Bad cops! No donuts!

Dollars to donuts, at least one of these guys got a ticket from this checkpoint.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join