It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citizens shut down police check point.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Nerds, seize the day.

"Be ashamed to die, until you have won some victory for humanity." --Horace Mann

edit on 6-8-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I'm certainly amazed ! These two persons were interfering with a legitimate police operation, it appears to me.

If any driver is stupid enough to drive without seatbelts on, they deserve all they get, In the event of an accident.

Sorry, I'm not going along with this silly anti police nonsense.

I am amazed they weren't arrested.....I don 't think they drove the police off, either, their operation came to an end...

Looks to me like they did the police officers job for them, reminding drivers to put their belts on...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

The police are there to give unnecessary fines to fill quotas, and in hopes of having a reason to searcj cars. Seatbelt laws are retarded, and these guys did a good job becauae they warned people that might want to avoid the stop for whatever reason. You think paying for 8 cops to sit around on the aide of the road treating hundreds of innocent people like criminals is a good thing?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Respectfully, If the citizens weren't so belligerent and contrary, and stayed within the law, the forces of law and order would find it difficult to hand out fines... This would be a far more sensible way of protesting against what is seen as a money making operation by the police ?

link   

Respectfully, If the citizens weren't so belligerent and contrary, and stayed within the law, the forces of law and order would find it difficult to hand out fines... This would be a far more sensible way of protesting against what is seen as a money making operation by the police ?

link   

link   

link   

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

My apologies for repeats, problems with my I pad....

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

A friend of mine owns a bar downtown in New Orleans (still). He said during Katrina it was a free for all!!! Think CA during the 92’ LA riots!!!

He's right, it was a free for all......crazy scary.

We were working near the area and had to evacuate so we stayed in MS.
Our 5th wheel sure was rockin' and rollin' but no harm.

New Orleans was the worst area as far as civil unrest went.
And the flood was from a failed levee system, not the actual hurricane itself.

To me, the Gulf Port/Biloxi/Bay St. Louis area got it worse but the people were a lot more civilized.
Some of that area was wiped clean.
It was pitiful.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

If any driver is stupid enough to drive without seatbelts on, they deserve all they get, In the event of an accident.

I know a couple of people that in the past were in an accident and swear that had they had a seat belt on, they would have been killed.

One fellow said that he had to stand nearly up on his brakes when he was in an accident and it messed his leg up when he crashed. [an idiot driver pulled out in front of him]
Had he stayed sitting with a seat belt on, his ribs would have been crushed.

To this day, they will NOT wear a seat belt.

It should be a personal choice, not mandatory.

edit on 6-8-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Now, I know full well that people get a bit peed off with police checkpoints because they think that they're a money making exercise/infringement of their rights/abuse of power etc. These are obviously something that happen more in the US than here in the UK where I hardly ever see this sort of thing. And I agree that nobody wants to be pulled over for a random check, me included. If you aren't committing an offence, you shouldn't have a problem.

The problem I've got is with the behaviour of this pair of childish, pathetic idiots. They're like a pair of morons.
"I fought the Law and the Law lost"!!! Utterly ridiculous.

They were causing more problems than the checkpoint by jumping around at the side of the road, shouting and waving their ridiculous little sign.

Do they think that the checkpoint just packed up and left because this pair of wasters were fooling around further along the road? The police were probably just laughing at them, just like the passing motorists.

This pair of fools need to get a life and go and collect stamps or something. And that's not a slur on stamp collectors.

edit on 6/8/2013 by iskander683 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Our fear is the only weapon they need to enslave us, and we willing pull the trigger that causes our own demise.

Our fear have us willing retreat to our individual prisons where we lock ourselves in and lie to ourselves that we are free because we open and close the door to our cells. The truth is, we are just compliant little prisoners that have grown complacent with our prisons and do the dirty work for our masters.

If you think you are free, stop entering your cell and closing the door, see how fast you are reminded that you don't own anything, not even the air that you breathe.

You only have rights if you are willing to fight to keep them, or like your lunch money as a kid, it will become the property of the biggest bully on the playground.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

So what you are saying is that the citizens should just be passive and submit to whatever the police want? No matter how unjustified? Unfortunately this idea doesn't work because there have been cases posted time and again where people minding their own business get harassed by the police and have their whole lives turned upside down even though they weren't doing anything wrong. At some point you just have to become fed up.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I have to say theres no reason at all to stop anyone from suggesting with their spare time, people do up their seat belts.

Police should be thanking them to make the roads safer

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
cops, what a bunch of susla's

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I wonder how this scenario would have played out if those two law abiding citizens had been African American or Hispanic? Ruminate on that for a moment.

I'm going to assert that white privilege is on full display here. I'll also assert that the privilege carries responsibility to take the lead challenging the Fascists when they encroach.

What could have been different if more Germans had pushed back against the Nazis?
edit on 6-8-2013 by InverseLookingGlass because: spelling

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

This is fantastic. More of this needs to happen.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I'm gonna share this on Facebook.
Those guys were in the right of way, which is a public easement. Nobody can twll you not to be there.
That was awesome.
Thanks.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

It is a fourth amendment issue clear as day.
Perhaps you don't mind having your rights trampled on, but a lot of us do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join