It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citizens shut down police check point.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Just WOW.

Is anyone else amazed by this? I AM!!!

And I'll tell you why, because I'm scared.

You never know whats going to happen when you encounter JBTs, I mean peace officers.

And they sounded so calm and confident. I know I'd be stammering and stuttering.

edit on 5-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
LOL I used to live in that EXACT area
Sunrise Highway on Long Island, Suffolk County, NY
Well, since it IS IN NY, are any of you the LEAST BIT surprised???

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

That elusive SERGEANT! Boy, it was hard to find someone willing to carry the unconstitutional water!

That is really freakin’ sad!! Suffolk County, huh??? I guess it shouldn’t be a surprise. NY is at the forefront of the war against our guns and constitutional rights (right behind DC!!!!).

Sick!! JUST SICK!!

I thought these goofy patriots did a public service ~ what do you think?

edit on 5-8-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Sunrise Highway is a main artery that runs all the way from NYC to the Hamptons, the cops are impeding traffic there

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Good point.

And there were like 6 or 7 cop cars? Is there no more crime in America? Or is terrorizing citizens a full time job?

Is it me or are there WAY too many cops?

edit on 5-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yeah, i'm always impressed with people that are calm with cops. I'n always nervous or angry. I was pulled over the other day and harrassed by 2 cops. One tries to imply my gun wasnt stored legally and used it as a pretense to get me out of the car. Oncw out the other officer staryed talking about searching because the firewood in back was suspicious. I kid you not. The made me sit on my hood and discussed calling search dogs , asked me when i last smoked pot (not if, i don't and havent since highschool 8 years ago), and asked why i was nervous. I said because i'm pulled over and beinh made late for work (i was in my work uniform heading to work) he asked if thwy called my work thats where id be heading.. Wtf? Like i'm a kid and they are my parent. Eventually they let me go with no search dogs, after telling me my gun was legally stored and writing me a 200 dollar ticket. It's thw firat tickwt i will be going to contest soso any advice would be helpful.

I ranted, but my point was, i'm generally nervous talking to cops.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by seabag

Sunrise Highway is a main artery that runs all the way from NYC to the Hamptons, the cops are impeding traffic there

Well I believe you! All checkpoints impede traffic!

It's a real inconvenience when some police capt instructs his minions to violate the constitution.

Hell, even if I expected a delay it would piss me off. I know it would do the same to you! This is yet another example of the encroaching police state.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Searches, seizures, tickets, arrests....just a big bonanza for the police and their checkpoint. Surprise I didn't spot any tow trucks waiting like vultures along with the police. Even though the guys are celebrating they shut it down, I'm inclined to believe they just moved to next profitable area.

Peace

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Being as we travel due to our work, we frequently run into check points.
[Mostly around Louisiana - they are always doing spot checks]

Mainly it's to check for Drivers License/Insurance/Safety Inspection sticker if you are from that state that requires one.
And yes, they 'profile' so if they think you might have illegal substances in your car, they'll find an excuse to check.
[if you look like a doper, well......
]

Some times when leaving an event, they'll have a road block for checking for drunks.

So for me, that's not unusual to have check points.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I just added this thread to my favorites because it is so damned exciting to see people fighting back against
unjust stupidity.

That is a lot of cops, you would have thought there was a major accident with this many cops. Instead, what we see is taxpayers dollars being used to harass citizens. They arent saving anyones lives- they are endangering them by messing with traffic conditions.

Great Vid!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Some times when leaving an event, they'll have a road block for checking for drunks.

I know a driver license comes with some stipulations because it is a PRIVILEGE not a RIGHT but…..

It should piss us all off that some states subject their people to this crap without due cause/due process/whatever. This is a clear encroachment on the fourth amendment, no??

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Those guys have some brass balls doing stuff like that, especially knowing how our Govt. works... Mad props for standing up to them. Just don't be too shocked when heavy law enforcement harassment comes their way if the cops ever find out who they are...haha

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Those guys have some brass balls doing stuff like that, especially knowing how our Govt. works... Mad props for standing up to them. Just don't be too shocked when heavy law enforcement harassment comes their way if the cops ever find out who they are...haha

That's why some of us post threads like this....evidence!

Hopefully someone catches the story and remembers some details about this incident.

Watch out for your neighbors! Patriots disappear every day!

RIP Andrew Breitbart!!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I know a driver license comes with some stipulations because it is a PRIVILEGE not a RIGHT but…..

It should piss us all off that some states subject their people to this crap without due cause/due process/whatever. This is a clear encroachment on the fourth amendment, no??

Oh I agree, it is a bunch of BS.

And Louisiana has been cracking down big time lately.

Last year we were coming off of Hwy 190 down LA 415 S. to get on I-10 East and just under the bridge to get on the ramp, they were stopping cars to see if they had inspection stickers. Since we weren't from that state, we were allowed to pass. Notice I said allowed.

Ever since 9/11 every thing has changed.
And I don't like where it's headed.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I applaud these true patriots.

The police are your enemies, because the ones that control them have deemed YOU the enemy.

These same people running "checkpoints" will be the first to point their guns at people when societal chaos ensues.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by supremecommander

I applaud these true patriots.

Me too!!

The police are your enemies, because the ones that control them have deemed YOU the enemy.

These same people running "checkpoints" will be the first to point their guns at people when societal chaos ensues.

Not all of them. They’re all susceptible to the same stuff we are. Cops are us….our brother, sister, uncle, dad, neighbor, etc. Cops aren’t a breed of animal bred for TPTB. They are us!!

Spread the word about what’s going on in our country. If your brother, friend, neighbor, etc is a cop, and you have a decent dialog with him/her, then there’s a chance you can get through. I’ve done it! I’ve discovered most in my area will walk away if given an order of Marshall Law. Katrina is a great example….the majority of the New Orleans PD LEFT!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Katrina is a great example….the majority of the New Orleans PD LEFT!!!

Yeah they left to protect their families.

But it didn't stop the citizens from having their guns confiscated post-Katrina.

------

ETA:

Controversy arose over a September 8 city-wide order by New Orleans Police Superintendent Eddie Compass to local police, U.S. Army National Guard soldiers, and Deputy U.S. Marshals to confiscate all civilian-held firearms. "No one will be able to be armed," Compass said. "Guns will be taken. Only law enforcement will be allowed to have guns." Seizures were carried out without warrant, and in some cases with excessive force;

Angered citizens, backed by the National Rifle Association and other organizations, filed protests over the constitutionality of such an order and the difficulty in tracking seizures, as paperwork was rarely filed during the searches. Wayne LaPierre, CEO of the National Rifle Association, defended the right of affected citizens to retain firearms, saying that, "What we’ve seen in Louisiana - the breakdown of law and order in the aftermath of disaster - is exactly the kind of situation where the Second Amendment was intended to allow citizens to protect themselves."

en.wikipedia.org...

But the thugs got to keep theirs........it's always the lawful ones that get victimized.

edit on 5-8-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Good. I have a huge problem with checkpoints. I don't mind that talking on the phone is illegal, don't really mind seat belt laws (some mild reservations) but I DO mind people being stopped by police for 'checkups'. Check points are pitched as a way of increasing awareness and saving lives, but I think there is an unspoken agreement that they are also revenue generators. Everyone bitches about the cops that work these things, but really you should be bitching about the people who allow them and require them. The cops performing this task are no more guilty than those who stop and submit to it.

Can we not call these guys heroes please? I like what they did, but they aren't 'brave patriots' with 'brass balls'. They stood on the side of the road and warned people. Again, awesome job, but lets not elevate it to absurd levels. Not to mention they were pretty annoyingly proud of themselves. Yeah, good on you, but tone it down a notch.

I'm sort of amazed how many states allow this nonsense. I've only seen one checkpoint, and I think it was in Canada. Like another poster (Seabag I think) pointed out driving is a privilege and not a right, but I don't think that means all your other rights go out the window when you hop in the car.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Heart Warming Video.

I love signaling others when those brave cops are hiding behind bushes with their radar guns in my area, its a risk though, you can get a ticket for "interfering with the administration of law", which makes it that much more fun.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Yeah they left to protect their families.

But it didn't stop the citizens from having their guns confiscated post-Katrina.

Another post TPTB have seen of mine but I’ll share again just in case they didn’t!!!

A friend of mine owns a bar downtown in New Orleans (still). He said during Katrina it was a free for all!!! Think CA during the 92’ LA riots!!!

People (thugs) were getting mowed down like GRASS and the police didn’t have sheeeeet to say! They stood back and watched (out of fear for their own safety!). People take care of themselves and cops are people, too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join