It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we on the cusp of a world changing event?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by unphased

Namely the following:
"That we've compromised one of the communication methods used to "plan" this and it's time for you to stop using it and move on to another."

You beat me to it

It also tells them WHO was heard.
edit on 4-8-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
yup.. something is coming down the pipe

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmac5150
This administration has a very poor record when it comes to transparency... so why now? The government also has a long standing policy of keeping the populace in the dark.

Exactly. All this is happening at a moment where Russia granted asylum to an NSA whistleblower, who is about to give an interview, which may cast a new light on the true nature of the United States and how it doesn't care about due process or law.

The US will do anything to keep its position in the world, even if it means destroying others in the process. It only cares about its own interests, it could care less about the rest of the world. The videos posted on Wikileaks prove it. There is nothing honorable about shooting unarmed, innocent civilians with an Apache helicopter. If this is their idea of spreading democracy and freedom, then I say: who are the real terrorists?

I think this is yet another attempt to divert attention, a technique which is frequently used in the intelligence community and in warfare.

The people had enough of fear mongering and want to live in peace and most of all freely without any government looking over their shoulder.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Hence why a war is inevitable. War is the only solution to over come this global financial debacle, how will they continue if the world knows they can't continue with that much debt. Answer : WAR.

After a war its a complete new game.

Debt is subjective in a fiat currency world.

And the people controlling the world know this........Debt means nothing, only in the minds of the people that are in debt is it a problem.

The people in control love it when the fools of the world fight, because with chaos comes perfect order for the ones in control, hence the idiots doing the fighting are the only ones that lose.

edit on 4-8-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by unphased

Originally posted by ItDepends

Originally posted by VoidHawk

I think they could do all that without revealing what they supposedly heard.
As it stands, if we take this to be true, they have told the bad guys quite a lot! I dont think the security forces are that silly.

Ok, what am I missing? All i know is that the U.S. State Department and the Administration have revealed that they have found 'actionable' intellegence about a 'real' and 'significant' threat by Al Qaeda and its affiliates to do a Terrorist act that could kill a lot of people and cause a lot of destruction. What else have they told the enemy?

Namely the following:

"That we've compromised one of the communication methods used to "plan" this and it's time for you to stop using it and move on to another."

I don't even believe in "terrorists" I was just pointing out one of the possibilities there...
edit on 4-8-2013 by unphased because: (no reason given)

Sorry, I am not following or understanding what you are implying!! HUH? you don't believe in "terrorists"? Really, Really??? What fairy tale do you live in???

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I'll take a slightly different angle on whats going on.

Israel has told Obama they are going to attack Iran/Syria/Lebanon/Palestine all at once on "X" date.

Obama, told Israel, that the US will not support it in such a large sudden inflamation of tensions in the area.

Israel has told Obama, we cannot wait any longer and will continue with the plan withor without you.

Obama, in return, signals he is going to close all embassies in the area so as not to risk any American officials/citizens being used as kidnap victims, or end up in multiple "Black Hawk Down" scenarios all over the mid-east forcing the US to get involved in some form.

Also minimising the death toll on Americans in the area with a return attack by the Iranian/others.

I really think that Israel has been cut off the leash by the USA and wont be supported.

Al-Qaeda/Iran, whoever the perpetrators are/will be, if they are wise, will see this and not attack American interests but only Israeli.

This may well become Israels last stand.....and as much as many of you would prefer the US to support Israel, I honestly beleive this will not be happening.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
One of the things that for me indicates that some kind of significant American action may be forthcoming is that US initiatives across North Africa and the Middle East are not going exactly to plan in my opinion.

I agree with the OP. I think something big might be about to happen. I think it is more likely to be in Syria than Iran.

I for one appreciate your well articulated thoughts in your response. I've parsed your full post which I found very interesting and perhaps......very accurate.

But if I may, What plans do the Americans have in North Africa and in the Middle East that are not exactly going to plan? Except just hoping for stability and peace??

And in your concluding statement, is it my understanding that you believe the U.S. Alerts about pending terrorist attack are just a false flag? And, that we are most likely going to attack Syria? and not Iran? What makes you come to that conclusion?
edit on 4-8-2013 by ItDepends because: sentence structure

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Of course something is going to happen soon. There is no choice in the matter. Between the scandals breaking out on top of external financial factors that answer is clear. Something is going to give. The only thing that people have a choice on now is how they choose to respond to the situation placed before them.

Unfortunately, far too few people in the United States think critically. I can't say I blame them. The odds are stacked against their favor by those controlling the media and spreading disinfo all over the place.

There are people in very high places that are paid good money to wage an informational war. There are those who seek honest truth as well, but their lack of funding leads to a lack of execution therefore they lose. I'm sure they'll continue to wake a few people up, but whatever is coming will have been initiated far before they're able to hit critical mass and cause any real uprising.

For that reason we'll continue to play into the hands of those pulling the strings of the puppets. It's not necessarily good or bad. It just is what it is. People I know would just tell me "they've won" when I say things like this. I would just tell them that I understand the rules of the game. The game is stacked infinitely in their favor.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Thank you, sir, for this great post. If the embassies are closing and there is a world-wide travel warning, and Obama is thinking of cancelling his talks with Putin, yes. Very good about the Israel strike. Netanyahu (really? He's in charge over there still?) would be (kind of) wise to strike the nuclear areas in Iran if Iran has nukes.

China and Russia could strike back ruthlessly at the U.S due to its exceptional loss of moral high ground. What about the U.S.? This country is on the brink of civil war itself, how is that going to hold together? Is it smart to go into world-war with most of the other countries in the world while waging a war on itself?

It sounds like a mess.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I definitely agree. Making it public knowledge only lets the enemy, perceived or otherwise, know that you're onto them. I typically don't buy into the whole "false flag government operation" spiel, but this is really starting to stink of it.

reply to post by okachobi

I would be inclined to disagree that this makes the whole thing fall apart. If anything, it means that some knowledge has been gained and not publicized which narrowed down the targeted areas to the embassies that are remaining closed.

reply to post by ItDepends

Yes, but at the same time, the Westerner employees of those corporations and governments should already be aware of the regional situation without the government and news shouting it at the top of their lungs. The same goes for any potential tourists and vacationers.

On top of that, the State Department has frequently had travel warnings to many of these areas. The Middle East has been known to be a highly volatile region for quite some time. So all of that information to protect these people was already out there prior to these recent events.

I think the member that your response is directed at is only implying that it's poor form from a security standpoint to let the enemy know you're onto their plans. I believe it is also implied that if something does happen, it would be a major blow to the intelligence gathering community because then the event is saying as much as, "You knew it was coming and you knew you could do nothing to stop it." It would only emblazon the event and spur on more violence.

That is just my interpretation, so I may be mistaken. I haven't read further responses yet to see if they clarified their statements.

reply to post by RageAgainstFascism

While it is tragic when unarmed civilians are injured and killed in war, civilian casualties are an undeniable cost of conflict. It has happened in all wars throughout history. The technology in use today does help to stop it to some extent, but, sadly, mistakes are still made. Your comment and query of, "There is nothing honorable about shooting unarmed, innocent civilians with an Apache helicopter. If this is their idea of spreading democracy and freedom, then I say: who are the real terrorists?" opens up a whole slue of counter-questions about terrorism.

What is honorable about killing thousands of civilians by flying aircraft into buildings (regardless of who you believe was behind the attacks)? What is honorable about suicide bombings in schools, markets, places of business, etc...? What is honorable about launching rockets and missiles with the intent of hitting civilian populations? What is honorable about using unarmed women and children as human shields? What is honorable about indoctrinating children and using them as soldiers? What is honorable about using schools, religious buildings, playing fields, hospitals, and other public structures to store weapons and mount attacks?

reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Or, on the contrary, we could be closing the embassies because Israel is going to mount an attack and the United States is planning on supporting them. While President Obama has been less than cordial with the Israeli government, I do believe neither the public nor key members of the US government would idly stand by and allow Israel to be defeated. While public opinion of Israel is rather low, they are still a key strategic ally in the region.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

All of what you say is good speculation, the problem is if you were right the suits would be at your door although none of what you have said or any of the quotes are damaging really, it all seems to just skirt the "here is really what is going on" border.

All the embassies closing are meant to show how needed the NSA is and how Rice is sooooooo good at her new job.

The things that bother me is how Colin Powel is going the way of Petraeus with E-Mails and two F16's colliding in mid air.........just a thought.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I have stated this once, and I will reiterate... I truly hope that I am wrong. There are some times when there is zero satisfaction in being able to say "I told you so". I have never even posted an OP in Skunk Works before because I generally do not like to speculate on world events. I like to see at least some tangible evidence. Everything that is going on at the moment is "etched in jello"... there are no real "front lines". Asymmetric warfare at its finest. Every situation is fluid, and the powers that be are going to go where there is momentum to be had.

There will be no all out war without the backing of the people... and not just the American people, mind you, because we will have to be in bed with our closest allies... Britain, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia first and foremost, with every other NATO nation in tow. That kind of allied support will only come on the heels of something really big.

I am just seeing the chess board as it is laid out at the moment... and praying for a stalemate...

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
This is a strange release of info. The prime rule is that when you have inteligence like this, it's a perfect time to destroy the source; the minute they start shooting they expose themselves. A typical response to such sure actionable intelligence would be to put your forces on high alert and shut up, not to disclose it to the world and shut your embassies. Embassy shutdown would be expected for even a targeted attack on Iran. We would never attack Syria, we'll just keep things as they are for now, both sides are weak and innefective and we can choose who wins any time by increasing or decreasing support for the opposition.

It's a red herring of some sort.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

Yes, but at the same time, the Westerner employees of those corporations and governments should already be aware of the regional situation without the government and news shouting it at the top of their lungs. The same goes for any potential tourists and vacationers.

On top of that, the State Department has frequently had travel warnings to many of these areas. The Middle East has been known to be a highly volatile region for quite some time. So all of that information to protect these people was already out there prior to these recent events.

No not at all. If this really is a 'significant' event, then there is no level of being overly cautious, especially if it became known that we 'KNEW' and did not let our citizens, friends, allies know of this. Not in today's world. Yes it is a dangerous world. I travel and am careful. But, Thank You U.S. for letting me know to be 'really' careful right now and the next unforeseen amount of time.....A brisk reminder can help a complacent person wake up.

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
I think the member that your response is directed at is only implying that it's poor form from a security standpoint to let the enemy know you're onto their plans. I believe it is also implied that if something does happen, it would be a major blow to the intelligence gathering community because then the event is saying as much as, "You knew it was coming and you knew you could do nothing to stop it." It would only emblazon the event and spur on more violence.

That is just my interpretation, so I may be mistaken. I haven't read further responses yet to see if they clarified their statements.

Poor form?? What to tell your citizens, friends, allies overseas that we have 'actionable' intelligence that a potential 'significant' terror event is about to happen and you may be killed if you were not told????

Are you saying that we should DO NOTHING to let 1,000's of possible victims know about this threat? Sure, the trade off is to let the enemy know we are on to them, or just let the event happen and let people die! That is my point, in a free society, we would hope that if our government knew of a threat half way across the globe that has the potential of killing you, your friends and hundreds of others, that we would want you to tell us. That's all that we have done. I see no where that we have compromised the 'how', 'where', 'method' that we got this information...specifically...a lot of speculation...but that keeps the enemy guessing....I'm fine with that as we watch them scramble right now....sorry my friend. Better Safe Than Sorry!!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
Thank you, sir, for this great post. If the embassies are closing and there is a world-wide travel warning, and Obama is thinking of cancelling his talks with Putin, yes. Very good about the Israel strike. Netanyahu (really? He's in charge over there still?) would be (kind of) wise to strike the nuclear areas in Iran if Iran has nukes.

China and Russia could strike back ruthlessly at the U.S due to its exceptional loss of moral high ground. What about the U.S.? This country is on the brink of civil war itself, how is that going to hold together? Is it smart to go into world-war with most of the other countries in the world while waging a war on itself?

It sounds like a mess.

A country in internal chaos is a much easier target. Had to star you.
Besides the PTB have weakened our ability to wage war by causing a
favorable outsourcing of our knowledge, abilitities... and unfortunately
even public perception of the war machine's MO. We've been fattened
up on worthless grist for over 50 years, and here come the rotating knives.

For the contention that Israel's been cut off the leash-- those guys pounded
into a corner could be a fissionable hangnail for the whole of Europe. It's
all too common for the doomed to hit the button at the last second. Then
like it or not we've got the Grand Tour.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I didn't think the ONE DAY embassy closings were a big deal. But now I see on CNN that the USA has decided to keep them closed through Friday August 9, 2013. Also, four additional embassies were added to the list. Something BIG is definitely brewing. Lets see how public (or not) President Obama is this coming week.
-cwm

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
I'll take a slightly different angle on whats going on.

Israel has told Obama they are going to attack Iran/Syria/Lebanon/Palestine all at once on "X" date.

Obama, told Israel, that the US will not support it in such a large sudden inflamation of tensions in the area.

Israel has told Obama, we cannot wait any longer and will continue with the plan withor without you.

Obama, in return, signals he is going to close all embassies in the area so as not to risk any American officials/citizens being used as kidnap victims, or end up in multiple "Black Hawk Down" scenarios all over the mid-east forcing the US to get involved in some form.

Also minimising the death toll on Americans in the area with a return attack by the Iranian/others.

I really think that Israel has been cut off the leash by the USA and wont be supported.

Al-Qaeda/Iran, whoever the perpetrators are/will be, if they are wise, will see this and not attack American interests but only Israeli.

This may well become Israels last stand.....and as much as many of you would prefer the US to support Israel, I honestly beleive this will not be happening.

Although I see and understand your points, I believe none of them are accurate, at least not anytime soon...I can't predict what's gonna happen....no one can, but I say none of what you have speculated on will happen within the next 60 days at a minimum, if at all. Your ideas are based upon thoughtful consideration, I can see that.
However, Iran just elected a new president over the weekend.....6 months to a year minimum needs to be assessed to see if this change in leadership along with the latest sanctions have any meaningful impact. Israel will NEVER go it alone.....!! They need at least one ally and their only hope would be the U.S. Europe despises Israel for their lies and for breaking off peace negotiations over and over again as well as occupying land that is not theirs. If they tried to do it by themselves, it would be suicide....so I do not see that scenario at all, and why would they want to attack Syria or Lebanon? the instability in those countries keeps focus off of Israel. Lastly, Israel and Palestine had reps in the U.S. just last week, both parties agreed to 9 months of talks....because of U.S. pressure....so, I don't see Israel attacking Palestine unless they are attacked first

Then we come to the lovelies of the Russian Federation and China. Pretty chummy lately, but, both are not to be trusted and so what ever they may be trying to do will take some time if ever. No question, if they can screw the U.S. in anyway...they will do it, but, only scared, inferior countries will try to make a stink or cause a problem like the Snowden incident to gain some quick snub points, in the end....it is meaningless, irritating, for sure...but in the bigger scheme of things not so much.

Ok, so what does that leave us with...if you accept or at least find my observations plausible. It leaves us with the current outstanding problem. The war on terror, specifically Radical, Islamic Miltant Terrorists. Apparently better consolidated in the region including Yemen and North Africa. Afghan, Pakistan still present problems. Egypt, Lybia, Sudan, Tunisia all present possible problem in light of the recent prisoner jail breaks in Iraq, Libya, Pakistan, totaling close to 2,000 islamic militant rebels scattered throughout North Africa, Middle East and parts of Asia,

So, based upon what we have been told, and not doing a knee-jerk reaction (others can, and have done so, and that is fine, this is a discussion), I remain centered based upon what I know. Again, legitimate, 'actionable' intelligent information indication Al Qaeda and its affiliates are planning and have been planning a 'significant' act of terror against innocent people mostly Western interests. With the U.S. alerting its citizens and alllies and friends does not trouble me in the slightest. It simply tell me that we know much more and prudently keeping that tightly close to our vest. As I've articulated a few times on this and other threads, perhaps we have already deterred, deferred or even have terminated the threat. I hope so, but, this is a long war....the terrorists only need to be lucky/right one time to cause death and destruction, we and our allies need to be right all the time to try and prevent such a strike. So that is how I see it. Time will tell, and no question, behind the scenes many things are happening between strange bed fellows and we will just have to Wait and See. I hope there will be no loss of life, destruction, but we need to be prepared. That's all I've got for now! Peace!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

It is already Monday, 5th of August 2013 in most parts of the world including Africa, Middle East, Asia, and parts East of Europe and Eastern U.S.A without and incident happening.

Now we just have to take it one day at a time!! Peace!!! World Date and Clock - Most of the world it is Already Monday Aug.5th

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Just read the thread. Its a good one.

I am surprised nobody brought up that this may be a red herring by Al Qaeda and not the US Gov.
Put out some info causing the embassies to close, while actually targetting something else entirely.

If that were true, several things would start to fall like dominos.
It would be spun in the US to highlight the need to bring Snowden to justice.
Which would then cause the other foot to drop by Snowden himself.

Again, good thread.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

When the crisis hit in 2008 there was no problem, why? The banks had no money however the government did. Now its a sh*t load worse, the banks have no money but neither have the government.

Following the rules of our economy we aren't allowed to function any further. They can't allow this because the worst thing that could happen is that the people find out their money means #, if the system goes fubar.

A sovereign issuer of a currency can never run out of money. They can devalue the currency by generating more of it, but cannot run out of it. Germany, for example, can run out of Euros because Germany doesn't issue the Euro, but the US can never run out of US$, since the US issues US$.

However, a devaluation of the currency by inflating it hurts those who have savings denominated in the currency and the currency may have to be abandoned if the devaluation is extremely large. Such extreme measures may require serious justifications and war is definitely best available justification, if it can be pretended to be inevitable.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join