It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nicola Tesla. Stifled Hero.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Was he working for "all mankind", or just the "suitable" portion of it?

I think he was working for all mankind.

Are you saying that the intent of the inventor is irrelevant?

No, but he wasn't a biologist, he was electrical engineer.
It was his personal stance, which I understand.
Even today we have death penalty. We're dealing with consequences, not causes.
Highly controversial, yes, but in the same time logical.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

some things do not change is bill gates any better with his jabs which kill so many in 100.000 or the bush /shiff family and eugenics .

different names but the same outcome

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

I think he was working for all mankind.
I'm not so sure. I'm not sure he considered all humans to be "mankind".

It was his personal stance, which I understand.
Are we not driven by our "personal stance"?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
reply to post by Phage

some things do not change is bill gates any better with his jabs which kill so many in 100.000 or the bush /shiff family and eugenics .

I guess you're using a mobile device. It's sort of hard to get your exact meaning.
But you seem to get my point. Tesla, while a very good inventor, should not be looked at as a great man.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by geobro
reply to post by Phage

I guess you're using a mobile device. It's sort of hard to get your exact meaning.
But you seem to get my point. Tesla, while a very good inventor, should not be looked at as a great man.
he was a better man than many i do not think he electrocuted any elephants or directly killed anyone and never got a nobel prize unlike obama who has helped in the deaths of many . he was into the kabbala with his rotas /sator??

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

he was a better man than many i do not think he electrocuted any elephants or directly killed anyone and never got a nobel prize unlike obama who has helped in the deaths of many . he was into the kabbala with his rotas /sator??
No, he never electrocuted an elephant. Are you saying that Edison was a murderer?
Edison didn't get a Nobel prize either.
What does the President have to do with any of this?

(I really hate mobile devices)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Are we not driven by our "personal stance"?

We are, then let us agree he invented AC for the only purpose on how to effectively kill 'not suitable' humans, shall we?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
i admire him for his inventions and ideas, not his personality or his interests and opinion on what others should be and do.

My interest in him is pure scientific.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

We are, then let us agree he invented AC for the only purpose on how to effectively kill 'not suitable' humans, shall we?

Did I say he advocated killing?

edit on 8/3/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Just because he believed in eugenics does not mean his belief was not benevolent or he did not value all mankind. Eugenics was mainstream thought at the time all over the world and considered by its adherents to be beneficial for all mankind. So advocating eugenics does not necessarily reflect badly about his character.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I agree. A very good and innovative inventor.
A great man. Not so much.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

reply to post by geobro

No, he never electrocuted an elephant. Are you saying that Edison was a murderer?
Edison didn't get a Nobel prize either.
What does the President have to do with any of this?

(I really hate mobile devices)
a.t.s is changing to get with mobile devices embrace the change phage

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Eugenics was mainstream thought at the time all over the world and considered by its adherents to be beneficial for all mankind.
The basis of eugenics is that some humans are more suitable to exist than others, based solely on their genetic heritage. Whether or not it was "thought" to be beneficial is not really relevant. What is relevant is what it implies and the attitude toward humans that it represents. The idea is that some are more human than others and that there are those who have the right to decide which are which.

As far as "mainstream" goes; yes, a lot of people advocated it. Many, very many, did not. Including Thomas Edison among them.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Rikku

removing bad genes from the gene pool is not such a bad thing,

So you're a eugenicist too?
But who decides what the criteria are? The Nazis figured it was Jews. Tesla specifically mentions "the criminal and the insane". By many accounts Tesla was insane. Do you think he would have advocated his own sterilization? Probably not. Should Vincent Van Gogh been sterilized (though it turned out not to be necessary)?

He didn't have any children so maybe he did practice what he preached. *shrug*
Interesting thread though.
I don't think Eugenics is the answer, but there should definitely be more money spent on R & D for EVERYTHING. Politics should not get any money. Science should get the most funding. I believe that Tesla was a genius and came up with many things that make life easier. Had he been funded better, he might have destroyed the world, or made it better.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

a.t.s is changing

Yeah.
I've noticed.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Did I say he advocated killing?

You did not, but binding eugenics and electricity we get electric chair.

And to answer your question from the 1st page, yes, Nazis got the 'idea' from the US.

Eugenics in the US

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

The intelligence curve does come back around to stupid, tesla a genius was not able to see the consequences of his inventions(much like all inventors).
for example if he would have succeeded in sending low cost electricity via the atmosphere to all parts of the world the entire population of the world would have died from cancer.He would radiate his own arm with micro waves just to see what would happen.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

You did not, but binding eugenics and electricity we get electric chair.
Just so it's clear that you made that connection, not I.

And to answer your question from the 1st page, yes, Nazis got the 'idea' from the US.

I see the references provided (the two that are available) by wiki but I don't see where those references say that the Nazi's got the idea for eugenics from the US. The closest it seems to get is this one, about the "collaboration" between eugenicists.
Kuhl

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I think this one is a little complex to answer with a short reply, but I'll do my best.

It seems Tesla was working for his vision of the good of mankind, and Phage chooses to interpret this term, "mankind" to include all currently alive individuals. It's a matter of semantics, where the confusion lies. It would seem Tesla's mind was always thinking of an ideal future. So when he mentioned, "mankind", it was more of how he believed mankind should be shaped in order to remain on a sustainable/good/ideal path.

Eugenic practices have evolved far past it's barbaric roots. Instead of sterilizing, we offer abortion and offer them at reduced prices in lower class areas. We have always had war, which tended to be used for population control measures, and to weed out the less fit.

It has been recently argued with a lot of evidence to back it up that civilization itself is a dysgenic factor. That our species evolved in much harsher conditions which were "natural" ie we had to adapt to natural law of the land in order to survive. This is darwinian. It could be seen that civilization offers the ability to coddle the weak, and even cater to the lowest common denominator in modern societies. Even clothing our junk can be seen as a means to give the less endowed more of a chance to woo a woman before revealing their less than ideal belongings.

I think Tesla was both properly educated, and intuitive enough to realize that measures must be taken in order to offer a balance for the various dysgenic factors that surround us. At the time, there was no understanding of epigenetics, synthetic biology, or the technology to repair genetic mutations which were linked to serious diseases. At the time, it seemed most reasonable to do what must be done in order to keep the species from allowing the weakest (in nature) to be the largest procreators (in civilization).

Eugenics is now being looked into by different methods. We can either react to genetics which require special attention after birth, perhaps by the emerging field of nutrigenomics, or we may one day be proactive and decide that certain genetic mutation of little to no known advantage, while giving way to a high propensity for illness. We may use this knowledge to engineer our offspring so that the best of our genes are properly expressed (think: gattica).

So I think in a way he had all of mankind in his vision, but more so those whom he deemed fit. Every day some of us die, and every day some of us are born. Do I need to remember the 100+ billion who have perished to be for mankind? No. I simply need to have the best intentions and operate to the best of my abilities with where we are now, with a focus on the species.
edit on 3-8-2013 by QuantriQueptidez because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Blood boiled when I saw the thread title, read the body of it and BAM! Damn, that's some good work. Tesla circle jerkers are crying in their Little Pony pens... "NOOoooooooooo."

The Messiah of "free" energy and all things ignorantly holy in the CT world is now one of the Evil NWOers, an Illuminato-robato... In bed with Hitler and the Reptilian overlords in their secret moon bases.

This is gold really.

S&F

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join