It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travelling the World before the Apocalypse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
As i am sure many of you have noticed, there is a Travel Advisory and some Embassies closing around the world for the greater part of August for some vague threat by Al-qaeda, etc, etc, etc.

Anyway...if your entire world is about to end why not spend that time in one of the world's greatest places.
Currently it is the month of August and there is only place on my mind.
Edinburgh Festival

The world’s largest arts festival has begun, filling up Edinburgh’s nooks and crannies – and hilltops – with over 2 800 shows performed by over 24 000 artists, in 273 venues across the capital.

You can tell it’s beginning; performers walk in lines carrying props along the street, or costume up and begin the season on the Royal Mile, flyering earlycomers. But this is just the warm-up; in a couple of days, the Mile will be filled, the city beyond bustling, and Fringe guides in cafes will be well-thumbed.

This year’s Fringe features an impressive mixture of (in the order they are listed in the guide
cabaret, children’s shows, comedy, dance and physical theatre, events, exhibitions, music, musicals and opera, spoken word and theatre. Coming in at 392 pages, the programme is a hefty tome – while to some a crucial festival-going prop, others can choose to download it onto smartphones or access it online. Whatever your platform, it’s time to start flicking/scrolling/clicking through.

How sweet.

The Edinburgh International Festival (EIF) was established in 1947 in a post-war effort to "provide a platform for the flowering of the human spirit".

Anyway, its obviously a huge event. It has alot to do and alot to take your mind off of the world's #. From what i understand it is one of the best parties of the year and can be a really spiritual (and drunk) experience.

If you like good beer and the wildness of the art scene then join them for the Apocalypse.

edit on 3-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood

Being that your post is BLANK, shouldn't your title read "after" instead of "before"?
edit on 3-8-2013 by AprilFooseball because: (no reason given)

OK my post isn't so funny anymore the OP added content to his post...Well maybe my post wasn't funny to begin with..eh oh well.
edit on 3-8-2013 by AprilFooseball because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Heh...my bad.

Anyway.

Maybe your a Trekkie at heart?
Star Trek Convention in Las Vegas

Nice guest list.

Kicking off Thursday, August 8th, the convention runs through Sunday, August 11th with over 100 celebrity guests. Announced guests include William Shatner, Avery Brooks, Kate Mulgrew, George Takei, Nichelle Nichols, Walter Koenig, Jeri Ryan, Jonathan Frakes, Gates McFadden, Brent Spiner, Marina Sirtis, Michael Dorn, LeVar Burton, Alice Eve, Terry Farrell, Nicole de Boer, Alexander Siddig, Connor Trinneer, Dominic Keating, John de Lancie, Robert Picardo, Linda Park, Denise Crosby, Nana Visitor, Rene Auberjonis, Garrett Wang, Tim Russ, Chase Masterson, and many more.

Anyway, just a couple places i would rather be this month then waiting for another mysterious "event" to change the course of American history.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Wow, I would love to go to this festival, it sounds like a lot of fun.

I only wish I could afford the time off/airline tickets to go!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
The world is gonna end. So go nuts!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

edit on 3-8-2013 by slowisfast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I'd suggest to see some of New Zealand before it hits North Island has some wonderful spots to hit up

new topics

top topics

join