It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All time favorite food or foods?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Breakfast: Sausage gravy and biscuits with an extra huge side of crispy bacon.

Dinner: Thick and juicy bacon cheese burger with potato wedges; Baked potatoes with chili; Tuna melt with a side of fries.

Supper: Anything pasta; Chicken tenders; Ribeye cooked medium with a side of steamed veggies with thick a## mashed potatoes; Any Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Korean foods - they all are yummy.

As for desserts, if it causes diabetes - they are also yummy.

Pistachios - always delicious. Buy them by the bulk load.
edit on 2-8-2013 by ChuckNasty because: added stuff.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I prefer spicy foods and Chile Relleno when done right is by far my favorite dinner item, they are just wonderful.

Snacks vary, walnuts, avocados, cheese

My weaknesses........glazed donuts and Starbucks frappucinos ugh so disgustingly good.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChuckNasty

Which biscuits? Hob-nobs?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by brandiwine14
I prefer spicy foods and Chile Relleno when done right is by far my favorite dinner item, they are just wonderful.

I had to look the Chile Relleno up. They sound wonderful!

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Favorite foods?

Pizza, hands down.
I like my homemade one....but this ATS recipe is our new favorite...when it's not to hot as you need to bake it at 500 degrees.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, toum, Lebanese garlic dip....it is something hard to stop eating
www.amideastfeast.com...
www.amideastfeast.com...

Fattoush salad
www.kalynskitchen.com...

A good, simply grilled delmonico steak. [grass fed]

A fresh off-the-tree ripe peach.
Jazz apples.

Chex party mix...but only the nuts.....no cheap cereal filler for us

www.momswhothink.com...

cheesecake....not the grocery store kind....more the kind that needs no fruit.

edit on Sun Aug 4 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Steamed Maryland Blue Crabs.
images

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Crab is awesome. So much flavor.

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
My favs include....

Pernil

Pastelles

A beautifully seared a steak

Lasagne

A nice drink

And last but not least... someone to bring it to me

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Hi,

I like Burger,french fries..

www.foods4betterhealth.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Chinese dumpling

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I want my favorites - I want some spaghetti with meat sauce and very buttery garlic bread on the side. I want a huge, fully loaded, subway on honey wheat bread. I want to go to a Japanese restaruant have yakisoba and gyoza with tons of soy sauce. I want wiener schnitzel with beats from that little German resturant that we used to go to in Canada! I want some old Polish style golumpki. I want a vanilla cake with fudgy chocolate frosting .. no make that a devils food cake ... no make that angel food .. no make that ALL THREE! I want some vanilla bean ice cream with a fudgy brownie underneath ... and tons of whip cream and a cherry on top. I want an Arbys Jamoca shake - extra large. I want one of those pretzels that you can get at the mall, and I want those cinnamon pretzel sticks too. I want a cinnebon from the mall too, dripping in that sticky sweet melted sugar stuff. I want a blue raspberry snowcone. I want some coffee ice cream in a freshly made vanilla waffle cone like they make out in Lancaster, PA. I want an Amish made Woopie pie while I'm there too. I want some oreos with some milk to dip them in. I want some Chips Ahoy cookies like my grandmother used to give me when I was little, with some milk for those as well. I want to be able to drink SOMETHING other than room temperature water!! I want some WAWA coffee with french vanilla creme and nutmeg sprinkled on top. I want some dunk'n donuts french crullers, chocolate glazed, chocolate filled, old fashioned, and even some jelly filled as well as some apple fritters. I want some fried dough like I used to get on the Ocean City Maryland Board Walk - one piece with powdered sugar and one with spaghetti sauce. I want some mashed potatos and some french fries. I want some of those vanilla animal crackers that kids get (and grown ups too!). I want a freak'n Samuel Adams beer!! I want some sweet tarts and some pixy sticks. I wan t a HERSHEY BAR! I want a mounds bar. I want a reeses cup. I really want some Frosted Flakes and some mini Shredded Wheat and some Rice Krispies .. either all together or in their own bowls .. I don't care. I want some frozen chocolate covered bananas like I used to get at the Manheim Renaissance Faire. I want some Hawaiian style pizza - crusty or deep dish - it doesn't matter. I want some egg plant parmean with tons of spaghetti sauce and cheese. I want some sharp Vermont cheddar cracker barrel cheese on a cracker .. any kind of freak'n cracker. I want a dagwood sandwich. I want to be able to eat a hamburger on a bun with all the fixings including ketchup and mustard. I want nachos with tons of fake cheese and really hot japalenos just like I used to get at the FLYERS games. I want some cheeze-wiz on a ritz cracker .. or better yet .. some cheese-wiz sandwiched between two ritz crackers. I want a ho-ho, a ding-dong, and a devil dog .. with a gallon of ice cold milk to drink with them. I want some pancakes from IHOP and some French Toast from Cracker Barrel .. both with a bunch of butter and warm REAL maple syrup. I want some really greezy breakfast potatos too. I want some warm apple pie with vanilla icecream. I want a chocolate creme pie too. And a boston creme pie. And a cherry pie. I want some chocolate pudding and some vanilla pudding after that. I want some tomato juice ... God I loved that stuff! I want some chicken dumplings for lunch at Cracker Barrel after having the French Toast for breakfast there. I want an ice cold Dr. Pepper .. I used to be 'a pepper'. I want some turkey stuffing with full berry cranberry sauce. I want some grits with melted butter and salt. I want tatter tots with ketchup to dunk them in. I want some cheese cake. I want some geen olives with pementos and some clauson pickles. I want some iced constant comment tea with a lemon wedge. I want a really juicy peach. I want a seeless orange. I want some walnuts and almonds. I want some raw toll house chocolate chip cookie dough that comes in those rolls. I want some cherries. I want some sweet potatos with all the flxings. I want a baked potato with sour creme and chives. I want some hot movie popcorn with melted butter an dsalt. I want a big box of whitmans chocolates. I want some salsa .. on ... anything. I want some fresh green beans from the farmers market. I want some baby back ribs with hickory sauce. I want some New England style clam chowder. I want some chocolate fondue with apples and marshmellows for dippers. I want some puffy pastries from the France pavillion at Epcot Center. I want a fully loaded steak fajita with guacamole. I want a really big blooming onion with dipping sauce from outback. I want a chocolate eclair. I want a tall cold glass of milk with strawberry quik in it. I want some bazooka buble gum, and some apple flavored bubbs daddy bubble gum too (do they still make it??). I want some pumpkin pie with cool whip Thanksgiving style.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Right now .... my 'favorite' meal would be ...

I WANT WAFFLES with melted butter, maple syrup, and whipped cream from IHOP.
And put some CHOCOLATE SPRINKLES on the whipped cream.
I WANT COFFEE with french vanilla creme and nutmeg from IHOP.
I WANT HASH BROWNS with SCRAMBLED EGGS and ketchup from IHOP.

It changes upon my mood. Of course .. I can't eat any of this stuff anymore .. but I still WANT it.

(food addictions .... that'd be my guess ..... sugar addict, carb addict, flour addict)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I have a few favorites from around the world....Beautiful Lasagne with pink sauce served with fresh basil and ceazar salad...Chicken curry with saffron rice and cucumber yogurt....A well marinated stake done to perfection with seasoned potatoes...Good old Frankfurters with hot mustard and fries....All Persian kebabs...Real Mexican taco with avocado sauce and lime juice served in an eatable bowl...Chilly cooked at least for 3 hours with lots of onions and different spices....grilled hamburger with Mc Donalds fries and a pepsi...And of course real Italian pizza with a glass of cianti classic....and oh fried eggs,,nothing can beat them....I am so hungry now got to make me some home made pizzas with a nice bowl of mix salad with balsamic vinegar and olive oimmmgrrrrrrrhhh...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Some of my favorites

Seafood Bake - King Crab, Scallops (real ones), Jumbo Shrimp, Lobster, baked in butter, garlic, and shallots, served over noodles.

Crown Rib Roast - You can cut this steak with a butter knife, with a nice spice rub, and some homemade beef gravy, with some mashed potatoes in gravy.

Beef Stew - Beef, carrots, potatoes, celery, onions, garlic, mushrooms, in beef gravy, served with flaky biscuits.

Homemade Chicken Soup - Chicken, broth, carrots, celery, onions, garlic, diced peppers, mushrooms, noodles, served with crackers.

Steak - Grilled on the grill, with my wife's marinade (and some wood chips), served with her potatoes (she slices a baked potato and puts onion, butter, and garlic between each slice, then bakes it in foil). Every friend we've ever served this to raves about it at parties, even years later, hehe...

Spiedino Di Mare and Crab Cake- (Carrabba's) Lightly breaded shrimp and scallops in a lemon butter sauce, served with mashed potatoes. The crab cake they have has a great red pepper sauce which is to die for. My wife has learned how to duplicate this pretty damn close to the restaurant version.

Mesquite Chicken - Chicken in a mesquite marinade, grilled on the grill, add some more of the marinade. Served with grilled veggies (also on the grill): peppers, onions, squash, garlic, potatoes

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Dinner: Thick and juicy bacon cheese burger with potato wedges; Baked potatoes with chili; Tuna melt with a side of fries.

Supper: Anything pasta; Chicken tenders; Ribeye cooked medium with a side of steamed veggies with thick a## mashed potatoes; Any Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Korean foods - they all are yummy.

As for desserts, if it causes diabetes - they are also yummy.

Pistachios - always delicious. Buy them by the bulk load.
edit on 2-8-2013 by ChuckNasty because: added stuff.

When i was over in america a few years ago, i went to a breakfast buffet, and i had this stuff called Country Gravy. Oh i loved it, it was beautiful, with those little scone biscuits, and that thin thin melt in the mouth bacon that they have over in the States. Anyone know how to make country gravy? it was a very light creamy colour.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Country gravy uses mainly milk (I find 0% fat milk works best) instead of water or a broth. Some use a 50/50 mix of water and milk. I like my country gravy silky smooth, so I only use skim milk.
Heat up your oil/fat, add flour - mix and let it brown like any other gravy. Whisk in your liquid in batches. Season to taste. Thicken just like any other gravy/sauce.

Hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

You can also buy it in mixes or in cans, ready made, if you like, at least here in the states, so probably online also, I'd imagine.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Country gravy uses mainly milk (I find 0% fat milk works best) instead of water or a broth. Some use a 50/50 mix of water and milk. I like my country gravy silky smooth, so I only use skim milk.
Heat up your oil/fat, add flour - mix and let it brown like any other gravy. Whisk in your liquid in batches. Season to taste. Thicken just like any other gravy/sauce.

Hope that helps.

thankyou for replying. THe oil or fat that needs to be used, surely cant be sunflower oil or whatever, i cant see how a sauce that only has oil, milk and stcck, could be so damn tasty.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a couple tbs. of bacon grease.

P.S. don't forget the ground breakfast sausage.
edit on 10-8-2013 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

The main flavor comes from black pepper and salt for seasonings. You can, and most do, use fat drippings from your breakfast meat. Just remove your breakfast meat, toss in more oil if needed, add flour. Whisk till you get a nice golden roux. Add liquid. Taste, and add more salt and pepper. Add more liquid if needed. Whisk till thickened. All over a medium heat.

If you ever come across red eye gravy, it's almost the same - just substitute black coffee for the milk. That gravy goes best with breakfast ham, toast, and grits IMO.
edit on 11-8-2013 by ChuckNasty because: structure error

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join