It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which World Leaders could be Gods?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I got to thinking about one of our politicians recently and struck on what i thought was interesting (if basic) comparison that i thought i might share.

IF you were to frame Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton as the God Zeus and the Goddess Hera [respectively] and associated Vladmir Putin as the God of War then what other dieties could you associate with the current world leaders?

edit on 1-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
None of the world leaders are gods as far as I can tell. They may think they are though.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

I was just reading a book where the author relates ancient gods to modern day high class society members.
It uses kabbalah numerology and astrology mentioning bible scriptures and all 4 major religions.

I must say it is one of the most interesting book I've read.

As for the world leader I'd have to go with Barack Obama
edit on 1-8-2013 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The gorgeous Mr. Putin! wubwubwub

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Great thread idea! Star and Flag!

Let's see. George Bush......maybe, Loki, the trickster, hehe.

Loki the Trickster
THE most unpredictable and certainly the most dangerous god in the Northern pantheon was Loki. His activities ran from the merely mischievous to the blatantly malicious. Supremely clever, Loki ensnared everyone in complicated problems, to which he always supplied a remedy - through his solution often engendered even greater troubles.

Loki is an immensely powerful magician, and shares with Odin the ability to sex- and shape shift at will. His parents were both giants (the perpetual enemies of the gods) and Loki had some unusual children, including the huge wolf Fenrir, borne from Loki's brief dalliance with a giantess.
www.octavia.net...

There's definitely a place for Donald Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney, I just can't think of the right ones, I'm not that familiar with that many Gods, unfortunately.......will keep thinking on it!

edit on 1-8-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

The answer to this is simple. None of them. Rationale because you first need to qualify as being Human before you can step further up to become god.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The only leaders I can think of are individuals who have been worshiped like gods. Like Kim Jong-Il and Kim il Sung.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Obama would definitely have to be Mercury.

Mercury (/ˈmɜrkjʉri/; Latin: Mercurius listen ) is a major Roman god, being one of the Dii Consentes within the ancient Roman pantheon. He is the patron god of financial gain, commerce, eloquence (and thus poetry), messages/communication (including divination), travelers, boundaries, luck, trickery and thieves

I think it fits him pretty well, being he's a pretty good trickster.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Gods? No.
Devils on the other hand....

I can think of quite a few.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

President Clinton...I chose him as God...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
To be expand on my initial thought. I was wondering if the immortality of the gods wasn't a physical thing, but more of a consistent passing of certain godly spirits from one host body to the other. I hate to make the comparison, but think of the way the aliens in Stargate lived forever, but more of a demonic/spiritual possession instead of an actual alien organism.

I picked Bill Clinton for Zeus for a lot of somewhat obvious reasons. His charm and gravitas, his white hair and fondness for women. Oh and i think his laughter would be a real delight as he was dropping some lightning bolts.

Hillary as Hera for obvious reasons.

Obama as Mercury is actually rather fitting to me as well.

For some reason i think Kim Jong Il would have to be Hades. I mean i can think of a few hellish places to live, but North Korea would have to be the worst.

I mean sweet lord, China may suck in it's ways but you can still get a quality hooker and some opium there pretty easy.

PS:
I suppose you could even widen it somewhat, as is so often the case, and include celebrities of a certain level.

There are certainly a few women out there that could be the Spirit of Aphrodite or Demeter.
Anyway....Shells
He is the only man alive, besides Morgan Freeman, who i could conceivably see playing God in a comedy.
I just know that would be hilarious.
edit on 2-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Anybody you know?

He's incognito!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Magister

Xerxes, reportedly a Zoroastiran, not sure i would count him as a God though.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Bashar Al Ashad : God of resistance

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
George W Bush- Yahweh

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

top topics

join