It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"When I Get These Cuffs Off You I'm Going to Kick the Piss Out of You"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
my mistake.
edit on 1-8-2013 by playernumber13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSmediaPRO

Bullies with a badge dont like it when you diss their sense of authority and power.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
reply to post by DocHolidaze

LOL, I chose that track because it's what I was listening to. Ouch, spittin hate on mah boys!
I like the song you posted. So silly.

Anyway, my point was that loud mufflers are annoying, and many users here find hip-hop being played loudly from vehicles VERY annoying. Just saying the 2 are the same. If we're gonna defend this kid and his muffler, let's defend kids getting rolled for loud music.

I don't think anyone was debating that loud mufflers and poorly done hip hop at obnoxious levels is annoying. I find both to be extremely irritating.

The obvious remedy to the video in question was a ticket if in fact his particular muffler violated the city or town ordinance. What was actually shown in the video however was a police officer acting outside of his duty and scope and going so far as to violate the rights of citizen for no other reason than perceived disrespect, assertion of basic rights and an affront to his personal ego.

Police officers are public servants and while they should be treated with respect and dignity that does not extend to voluntarily allowing them any authority that is not granted to them by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Officers in this country while being transitioned to militarization associate themselves far too much with the word authority and not enough with the word service.

Officers have the authority to enforce the law, not make it up as they go along and not to violate civil rights by falsely arresting and charging citizens with crimes based on lies and falsehoods in the continuation of what can only be called an intimidation campaign against personal freedoms by perpetuating the "You can beat the rap but you can't beat the ride" mentality.
edit on 1-8-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Smart ass kid with a loud muffler, thinks he can get away by watching YouTube videos. He resists, so he has no case. Punk asses like this brat need to be taken off the street.

I knew this new forum would be flooded with you "Anyone who questions or resists the police are punks and deserve to get arrested and beaten" folks.

Did you watch the video? You really think that pig was acting professionally?

Pathetic.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
DaTroof:

Smart ass kid with a loud muffler, thinks he can get away by watching YouTube videos. He resists, so he has no case. Punk asses like this brat need to be taken off the street.

I take it you ARE the cop in the video?

Did you hear a loud muffler? I didn't; all I heard was a thug hiding behind the uniform he was wearing and, I might add, disgracing. You do realise that a cop is not allowed to threaten you. When he does, he's stepping outside the limit of his authority. So, I should expect this particular thug, disgracing the uniform of a cop, to be indicted for threatening behaviour, wrongful arrest, kidnapping, sacked, and named and shamed. So rightfully ends a thug's wet dream.

edit on 1/8/13 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/8/13 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Until officers are held personally responsible and thereby lose their personal assets for actions such as this when the eventual civil suit is lost/settled, actions such as this will continue. As long as the taxpayers foot the bill...well...

If I can treat you as I wish based upon my perceived authority and never be held personally accountable for my actions, the only thing that would cause me to cease my actions is my own conscience/guilt for said actions.

Should I be a megalomaniac with a gun, pot metal badge and a chip on my shoulder, you can quickly guess whether I will ever feel remorse for my acts of aggression/tyranny.

If Officer Tough Guy had to worry about losing his bass boat or his home based on his abuse of power, the tide would change and it would change overnight.
edit on 1-8-2013 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I don't take issue with the kid being pulled over for having a loud muffler. It's annoying hearing those clapped out Hondas farting up and down the street. I don't take issue with the cop arresting him either. You don't refuse when a cop asks you to get out of the car, and you certainly don't say "I'm not getting out of the car" and expect not to be arrested for refusing a lawful order.

Let's be clear, the kid was arrested for refusing to comply, not for a loud muffler. Saying he was arrested for a loud muffler is like saying it was my fault he got arrested for voting in the people who make laws regarding mufflers.

I have a HUGE problem with the cop losing his temper and threatening the person. It's completely out of line, should be punished harshly, and really just made the cop look like a tool bag for letting a kid get under his skin. I'll give cops a pass when things are heated and they're cursing at someone fighting them, but in this case and with the threats, there is no excuse.

As an aside I just ordered new pipes for my car. Glad I decided to get the muffler add on instead of just deleting them.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSmediaPRO

I'm glad you posted this video, so thank you!

Having a loud muffler that violates a city noise ordinance in the majority of cases would not even warrant a ticket. If the driver's record comes back clean he would generally be given a verbal warning- not even a written warning. A normal cop would have never asked the driver to get out of the car unless the license check came back with an arrest warrant for a previous offense. This cop was way out of line and deserves to be exposed for the bully that he is!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I don't take issue with the kid being pulled over for having a loud muffler. It's annoying hearing those clapped out Hondas farting up and down the street. I don't take issue with the cop arresting him either. You don't refuse when a cop asks you to get out of the car, and you certainly don't say "I'm not getting out of the car" and expect not to be arrested for refusing a lawful order.

Let's be clear, the kid was arrested for refusing to comply, not for a loud muffler. Saying he was arrested for a loud muffler is like saying it was my fault he got arrested for voting in the people who make laws regarding mufflers.

I have a HUGE problem with the cop losing his temper and threatening the person. It's completely out of line, should be punished harshly, and really just made the cop look like a tool bag for letting a kid get under his skin. I'll give cops a pass when things are heated and they're cursing at someone fighting them, but in this case and with the threats, there is no excuse.

As an aside I just ordered new pipes for my car. Glad I decided to get the muffler add on instead of just deleting them.

I understand what your saying, believe me and I'm not trying to arbitrarily pick a fight. With that said, I must challenge your idea of "lawful command" and ask what right the officer has to order somebody out of their car without engaging in dialogue to articulate why that command IS lawful.

Police officers are not Gods of the state. They are citizens that have been empowered by very specific guidelines to perform a certain duty and I have to wonder where the line is drawn. They are not above speaking to clarify the authority they are claiming in non aggressive or non dangerous situations.

If you are ordered out of the car for something as trivial as a muffler violation, I must insist it is the RIGHT of the citizen to ask on what authority and what cause that command IS lawful.

P.S. ("Because I said so") doesn't count.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

By all means, enlighten us with the knowledge you gleaned from the video that us mere mortals must have missed!

At what point was he a smart ass?
At what point was his muffler proven to be too "loud"?
At what point did he resist?
What constitutes a Punk ass?
What constitutes a brat?

Based upon your inferior reasoning skills, I can only hope and pray that you aren't an LEO. Then again, based upon your inferior reasoning skills to assess this situation as provided, my guess is you are precisely the type of individual that is sought for positions in law enforcement.

I'm guessing the TSA would cream itself to have you as a member.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Side 2 of this coin is the fact that most counties have a searchable database of people based on tax records. Once Officer Tough Guy gets his jollies and escapes justice, one can do a search of tax records based on his name and then bring him flowers to his home as a gesture of the restoration of good will between you.

Orchids are nice.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
There is really not enough evidence in that video to say wether or not the fellow was doing anything wrong. The cop accuses him of not having a muffler, but it is true that in highly populated neighborhoods there are usually noise ordinances requiring certain vehicles to be muffled and for trucks not to use jake brakes. I always suspect a 2 minute video because it is usually one sided and doesn't show what the person was doing to get pulled over. The cops in my small town are dicks, but they won't pull you over for no reason.
edit on 1-8-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I think the police need to have a "charge" app on their tablets. When they pull someone over for something, enter in what they did, and the app will give them the appropriate response. For instance, suspected crime: someone is smarting off, but not breaking a law, response: move on and ignore. The app removes all human emotion from the equation, and will prevent people getting shot for not getting out of the car fast enough and such. Somebody get in touch with apple

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Sounds normal to me, if you do not get out of the car when the police man says, saying you do not have to, it is considered resisting arrest. That is the way it has been structured in society for a long time, the way it was designed to work. If you treat the policeman with respect and do what he says the most they will do is issue you a ticket....unless there is weird speech like this guy has which causes suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. A loud muffler is a loud muffler, it is not legal to have on. I had cars with loud mufflers, I knew I was violating the law with the glasspacks and headers on my mustang. I made sure not to kick it down around the cops.

Maybe people don't realize that it has always been a policy that if you mouthed off to a cop you were punished. Only stupid people did that, the cops were there to enforce the laws. Now that they are being more restricted, there is more crime, that is not good. We put the police there to protect people and keep the smart asses from taking over the country.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

P.S. ("Because I said so") doesn't count.

Don't you shatter my argument!

You are required to get out of your car.

US Supreme Court Ruling Pennsylvania v. Mimms

Honestly, yeah they should tell you why they are asking you to get out of the car, but I don't think they have to.

Really the only part of this video I took issue with were the threats, which are a big deal in my opinion. I'm not saying the cop wasn't being a dick, I just don't like it when people pick out a certain part of the narrative to make the thing appear even more crappy than it actually is, if that makes sense. Basically the muffler had nothing to do with the issues that arose, and the cop was, in my opinion, acting lawful up until he decided to make threats.

ETA Thank you for being so polite. I think you raised a very valid point and didn't find you confrontational at all. I really like these types of conversations. I must star you.

edit on 1-8-2013 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
IS there more info about this case?????I mean in what city happend???...what was the outcome???..name of the police officer???.....Im asking this ,because the video is going viral on the net....those people are the novelty..

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
It is quite telling to see how times have changed.

I was pulled over for my "loud" Chevelle when I was 19. Granted, it wasn't as loud as my Harley but it was pretty loud.

The cop got out and accused me of running straight pipes. Rather than taze/manhandle me, he pulled out a flashlight, looked underneath my car and realized that my exhaust system was legal and then let me go.

Was my Chevelle loud? Yes. Was it obnoxiously loud? Depends. Was it illegal? No. Did it hurt anyone? No.
Is my Harley loud? Yes. Is it obnoxiously loud? Depends. Is it illegal? No Does it hurt anyone? No.

I often wonder if I carry concealed to protect myself from a carjacker or to protect myself from a bat$hit crazy LEO.

Should an officer tell me s/he's going to kick the piss out of me, it will make the news. Once I show him/her that their quest is in vain, it will be their decision regarding escalation.

Been there. Done that.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I largely agree with you. Personally, if I was asked to get out of the car, I would. That is my own personal view point however and I do in these types of debates try to see the viewpoints of others as I have painfully learned through the years, not everyone sees everything the same way I do, much to my dismay as a young man!

I think in this particular situation, the communication broke down because the officer in question thought himself above speech and decided that an authoritarian approach was more convenient for his immediate personal needs (and wants).

If he clearly stated why he was ordering the citizen out of the car, on what authority and by what statute, I would wholeheartedly agree that a failure to comply would probably constitute obstruction of the law. With that said, the absence of any explanation at all, the immediate tone of superiority and dominance displayed openly by the statement of "Because I said so" would in my mind trigger a moral obligation in most people versed in American history, American law and Constitutional values to resist, in a non violent but pointed civil disobedience fashion.

In the face of injustice, it is our civic duty to resist that which we find in violation of our civil rights and the rights granted us by the Constitution. Our Congress, President and military swear an oath to that document and the rights granted are not subject to interpretation by any officer who has a chip on their shoulder. Their duty is clear, what is not always so clear is the manner in which they are expected to perform that duty and more disturbingly, by what actual authority they are empowered by as most officers couldn't quote an exact statute or law to save their life.

The specific question that is being asked here is probably not one that needs to be answered by the supreme court, it, in my opinion, is one that needs to be answered by supreme common sense. If you are engaged with an officer of the law and it is a situation that is obviously not dangerous or aggressive, it is their civic duty to openly communicate with you about not only the nature of your offense but also on what exact authority they are evoking to escalate the situation.

A free country should not operate on a do what I say not as I do basis.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Take that godless heathen behind the woodshed and show him who is boss! He's obviously a pathetic little punk who deserves it.

The kid in the video should go free though.

How in sweet baby Jesus's name did we get on race?

MOTF!

First line is about the cop obviously.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

This is a unique situation for me. I actually agree with you (to some extent) yet it is obvious to me that you just post contrary views to get a rise out of people. You were one of the loudest voices on the trayvon martin issue, and now you are siding with the police on this issue? Hmmmm.... Interesting.

Anyways, I think the cop was obviously over the line in making such statements. Sounds like a younger cop who probably shouldn't be policing as he isn't cut out for the job.

But people need to understand something about police:

They deal with A LOT of crap. They also deal with a lot of pukes who have zero respect for anybody, and they deal with a LOT of violent people. Cops have bad days too. The next time you get pulled over, try being nice to the cop. Maybe even ask them how their day is going. You might find your experience goes a lot smoother.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join