It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Pressure Cookers and Backpacks, Get a Visit from the Cops

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I am going back to ask jeeves

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

I'm guessing if you read this thread you'll also be put on some sort of list deep in the bowels of the NSA.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaffo
reply to post by sean

If you owned a business and discovered that one of your employees was Google searching for this sort of thing and you didn't feel any need to maybe say something to someone about it, that's your decision. And anyone killed by them later using such a device...their blood would be on your hands. If you don't want BB to look over your shoulder, start showing a little civic responsibility beyond venting on ATS. Just a thought.

Maybe there is a legit reason for employee's to browse the internet, but most businesses don't allow internet access. In your analogy lets give them internet access and then spend the resources to monitor what they do. That's counter productive isn't it? Why not block the access all together?? Searching for "Pressure Cooker Bomb" is the same as looking up "Atom Bomb". It's nothing more than a query for information. If someone has malicious intent that is on them not on you. You're saying because you didn't call Big Daddy government it's your fault. Anyone can flip out and kill anyone at any given moment. Driving a car at high speed down a crowded sidewalk can do just as much damage as that pressure cooker bomb. So if a gun shop sells a gun and you later kill someone that's not on you as a gun seller. How many cops beat someones brains in till they died and everyone just watched. I guess the bloods on their hands too? Sorry but your opinion doesn't work in the real world.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Prism works exactly as designed it seems. This proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the US government is keeping pretty close tabs on it`s own people.

I am glad I do not live the United States. It is sad too because I was born there and grew up there. It is not the America I grew up in that is for sure.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

Just wanted to post this to make sure everyone is aware. Be careful what you search for people. I don't know what to think anymore. Depression coupled with a fleeting sense of freedom. Maybe Huxley was right after all. Sweden is looking pretty nice this time of year. No?

So what do you think ATS?

MOTF!

www.theatlanticwire.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I think people should stop caring what the government thinks and do whatever the hell they want. Every time something like this hits the news, it just reinforces fear of being normal, searching the internet, talking about politics, and it feeds into the aggressive image making of federal authority that the media disperses.

Americans must be the dumbest bas$ards on the planet for allowing it to go this far.
edit on 6-8-2013 by g2v12 because: grammar

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Horrible headline used in the article. The guy googled from his WORK computer. He was fired. Upon inspecting the company laptop once it was returned they saw he googled "pressure cooker bombs" and backpacks. The company then notified police.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

Google Pressure Cookers and Backpacks, Get a Visit from the Cops

www.theatlanticwire.com

Michele Catalano was looking for information online about pressure cookers. Her husband, in the same time frame, was Googling backpacks. Wednesday morning, six men from a joint terrorism task force showed up at their house to see if they were terrorists. Which prompts the question: How'd the government know what they were Googling?
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 8/1/2013 by semperfortis because: Copy the EXACT Headline

Important Topic Updates
Please see updated info here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on Fri Aug 2 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

The government is over reaching simply because the Boston bombers were on FBI radar, partly due to warnings from the KGB, who knew of their associations with extremists. What I haven't decided upon is whether, (1.) the government allows radicals to perform terrorist acts or (2.) the government is really as incompetent as it appears to be.

Seymour Hersh published his book about how the CIA has been developing Salafi extremist groups in Lebanon as an impetus for future sectarian war against Hezbollah. Another American disaster waiting to explode.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join