It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden issued Russian entry papers, reportedly leaves airport

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Won't the CIA just have one of their Chechen mob take care of the problem?

Second line, same as the first as it's worth repeating!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7
Now this guy is really NOT SAFE unless he is under the KGB protection.

Snowden has one year to find a Russian girl to marry and get his permanent residency in Russia.

I do not think any other government like that of Venezuela or Equador would be able to with stand the US pressure.

You mean the FSB? The KGB doesn't exist anymore, it was dismantled and replaced by the FSB.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

Who cares if it is FSB or KGB, same people different name. Russians are conservative people and it is very likely Snowden is under FSB protections 24x7.

I had predicted before the Snowden is going nowhere from Russia. Him getting a Russian wife will bypass all the politics of giving a permanent asylum etc.

Just read a headling that he was offered a job by Russian version of Facebook. Seems he might not miss much in terms of job and pay etc. Only thing he would lack is the total freedom of a common citizen.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MindBodySpiritComplex

If this is the next step for Snowden's Russian citizen then good for him.

However he is going to spend the rest of his life (if he gets asylum) being phone tapped, and followed by the KGB and any other form of spying they can do.

Russia isn't exactly the poster child for freedom.

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainprincess64
Russia is not one of my favorite countries in the world but I must give it to them. I'm glad Snowden got asylum even if it's temporary. Glad they came to their senses

True, Russia isn't one of mine either. I was supposed to go to St. Petersburg a few years back. You have to take an HIV test and show proof you're HIV-negative to get a VISA to even visit Russia. One wonders why we don't require more from foreign visitors here in the USA..

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

That's because Russia is suffering from population decline and hence foreigneers coming and spread HIV type diseases would be further blow.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

reply to post by jcutler12888

Who cares if it is FSB or KGB, same people different name. Russians are conservative people and it is very likely Snowden is under FSB protections 24x7.

I had predicted before the Snowden is going nowhere from Russia. Him getting a Russian wife will bypass all the politics of giving a permanent asylum etc.

Just read a headling that he was offered a job by Russian version of Facebook. Seems he might not miss much in terms of job and pay etc. Only thing he would lack is the total freedom of a common citizen.

I was just wondering if you were referring to the FSB or if you actually thought that the KGB (in terms of exactly what it was back in the days of the USSR) was still live and operational...I wasn't trying to be rude, I'm sorry if it seemed that way. I'm not surprised that VKontakte would offer him a job.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I think that (TPTB) are working hard to find out all the places that (the information) is at...and they will get that first.

Then they may go after Snowden.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Russia is a mighty big country. So My question is. Is there a Airport in Eastern Russia where he can take a non stop flight to Central America? It seems like the logical way to go.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Snowden is now gonna be granted asylum for a year.I always knew that no matter what side of the coin is in the whitehouse they simply don't understand how to play politka like the Russians.They play chess and we play checkers.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

I have been thinking as to why Mr. S betrayed his country where he had a six figure job at the age of 30 and another 3 decades of rise to see with his elite skills in computing.

The reason I see is this: Mr. S tasted a lot of goodies but being young he wanted more a lot more. Both of material and heroic nature. Mr. S wanted $100 million under his name and all the while being a hero for freedom of common American and even global citizens. How could Mr. S get $100M, not through the US government. So he decided to take troves of information from his extremely sensitive and classified work and took off. He would offer this critical or rather super critical information to America's adversaries, Frenemies like Russia, China and even friendly business competitors like EU nations. Forget about military matters, these days business intelligence is lot more important. Ex: E-mail exchange between top engineers of PAK-FA plane, the Russian answer to F22s would be worth billions of dollars by helping keep F22s in the lead against T-50s. He would charge $10 Million or more a piece to help these nations/corporations/cartels/conglomerates/sultans/emirs etc. to secure their computer systems against the intrusion and surveillance by the US. Also, he would get big bucks for speaking assignments like $10K ticket a person attending his engagement etc. Not to forget big cushy jobs with billion dollar organizations.

Guess $100K a year job with only $60K take home net after taxes was not enough. While perks and previledges were there but nerdy and stiff Mr. S needed some extra bucks to have $1000 a night darlings swarm over him every weekend in $1000 a night hotel suite. Even super critical NSA job could not guarantee that.

Currently Mr. S is in negotiations with Russians as to how much price they are willing to pay for his information and slick NSA/CIA tricks to defend against. Then he will move on to offering his service to China and other nations.

Not bad plan Mr. S, so far it is working but remember US government can liquidate you anytime with some extra efforts until and unless you are in Putin's basement enjoying an occasional breakfast or casual tea with the Ex KGB judo master.
edit on 2-8-2013 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
best of luck to the man thats what i say.

what he has done has taken a lot of courage. i salute the guy. how many of us would have done the same in his position??

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

reply to post by FlyersFan

Snowden will be treated well in Russia. This to show the future American defectors that Russia will take care of them well and more defectors are welcome.

Russians are not like Americans in that after using Pakistan to chase away the Soviets in Afghan, the US totally abandoned the Pak and rest is history. Pak sponsored Talibian in Afghan and then Osama and then AQ and then 911 and then trillions of dollars blown up in chasing barely trained terrorists armed at best with old Soviet or Chinese AKs.

Wonder if people like Snowden would have prefered to stay if trillions not blown up in wars were actually used to rebuild US infrastructure and balance the books.

How much are these idiots spending to spy on there fellow Citizens, while they have allowed the Debt to keep climbing. At the expense of real jobs. You can hear the boss at FBI. headquarters whining about wanting more powers to lock up more people. so they need more money to complete this job.
Trump says the real unemployment rate is more like 20 Percent ,I bet they are watching him as well.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I would love to be able to thank Mr. Putin personally on behalf of freedom loving Americans everywhere.

Kudos Mr. Putin thank you.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
When I think of US politics and the way it has become a mockery to law abiding citizens and their expectations that their politicians be the same, I have to think of Vladamir Putin. No country is honest, but some are far more vile than others. Right now I think the United States ranking is the top one, followed by China as far as secret and abusive tactics go. We have become inundated by corrupt politicians at every turn, collusion all, each department scheming with the other.
All that can come from it is the big 'Cashing out' by the wealthy and abandoning the sinking ship known as the USA. I hate to think that myself and all of the other Veterans have given their best and tried to safeguard America only to have it eaten from within by the greed of those in power. Destroyed in a single decade, and by a foreigner of nefarious intentions and background.
People like Manning and Snowden have tried to warn about the various elements in our government, that we might take action, but those same people are the people who are the root cause of the evil, they Are the Evil. So you could expect that these two men would be demonized with the intention of TPTB trying to discredit and destroy them.
In another time they would have been called Patriots, and in the future I'm sure it will be observed that they were in fact American Patriots trying to safeguard all of us.

I think I'll coin a saying when referring to politics in the US, and it is sort of a ripoff from the Christian arena. As they say "WWJD" ....what would Jesus do....... I instead will coin "What would Putin do"

Who would have thought that the Russians would eventually be thought of as the good guys not so many years ago.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
snowden gave information to our "frenemie" one of which bailed our asses out, but you forgot about the billions we barrowed from china. obama gives weapons to terrorists with your tax dollars... so again who betrayed his country? then again if obama is an islamic dictator as many see him, no weapons to terrorists would be supporting his country, in which case i withdraw my question.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

The USA used to have that rule as well but dropped the requirement a few years back.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

US governments have been in very tough place since the 911 happened. If they up the ante on survilleance and watching the common citizens then there is a cry 'they are taking away our freedoms'. People like Manning and Snowden find reasons to become famous.

However, if another attack or even half an attack of 911 intensity happens, then government is blamed for not being able to thwart such an event, 'what are you doing with our tax dollars?' will be the common cry.

So government is blamed either way. May be they can make a rule that common american citizen will not be scrutinized unless under some sort of suspicion or reason, but any foreigner on visit or long term visa will have his/her internet activities under watch etc. Will that cut down 80% of the potential bad stuff? Don't know, sounds fair to some but also sounds 'Nazi Germany' to many others.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join