It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden issued Russian entry papers, reportedly leaves airport

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Snowden issued Russian entry papers, reportedly leaves airport

rt.com

NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden has been issued papers which will allow him to enter Russian territory, according to his legal representative in the country. Sources say he has already left the airport.

“I have just handed over to him papers from the Russian Immigration Service. They are what he needs to leave the transit zone,” Anatoly Kucherena told Interfax.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

www.bbc.co.uk...

english.ruvr.ru...

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Snowden To Release Statement On Manning Verdict – WikiLeaks
edit on 1-8-2013 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
What a day!!! First we learn that

Snowden Is To Release A Statement On Manning Verdict

And now this!

Can it become any more dramatic? Welcome to the 21st century! Man, this is crazy!!!

link

Confirmed !!!

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Go go boy , find your peace and freedom and thank you for everything.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Just saw it this morning on CBS morning news. Makes you wonder really...10 years ago i don't think Russia would have had the motts to permit this against the pressure of the USA.

Make no mistake, this action shows everyone that Americas influence has deteriorated immensely from the days just after 911. The world embraced us (regardless if it was false flag) and we squandered it. Any relatively morally astute person would have seen the unintended consequences written all over these types of behaviors but somehow it was all over looked?

If there was ever a time "we the people" could get our country back it is now while other countries can afford to thumb our government. Maybe time to turn off the TV you happy little slaves?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Edward Snowden leaves Moscow airport - live coverage

www.theguardian.com...

Edward Snowden was granted temporary asylum in Russia for a year and has now left Moscow airport under the care of WikiLeaks' Sarah Harrison

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MindBodySpiritComplex

I honestly couldnt hate twitter more than I do.

Any chance of having a thread on this, rather than just a series of re-tweets?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

edit on 1-8-2013 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Snowden was unaccompanied when he left the airport in a regular taxi, Kucherena added.

Let's hope he doesn't get accidented now he's out in the open. I hope the taxi wasn't a Mercedes.
edit on 1-8-2013 by Samuelis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I feel this story is about to heat up again.
Definitely one to watch.
I'll be very surprised if this goes away quietly.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Go Snowden! This is awesome and a huge slap in the face of John Kerry, to name one.

Can't wait for his comments on the Manning verdict...

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis

Snowden was unaccompanied when he left the airport in a regular taxi, Kucherena added.

Let's hope he doesn't get accidented now he's out in the open. I hope the taxi wasn't a Mercedes.
edit on 1-8-2013 by Samuelis because: (no reason given)

I really don't think that we will see him having one of those 'accidents'.

Unless the US government wants a huge dump of info about the NSA... and who knows what else.
I would be astonished if he didn't have an 'insurance policy' that would release all of the info that he has if anything happens to him.

In fact, it would probably be a good idea for the US to try to insure his safety.

But an enemy of the US might want to see that info come out, but I think it will come out (in dribs and drabs) once Snowden has permanent asylum somewhere.
edit on 1-8-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Great News.

His struggle is far from over and I fear he may live the rest of his life looking over his shoulder.

In any case this is a time to raise a shot of vodka....Toast. May Russia offer you some level of peace and comfort.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MindBodySpiritComplex

Go, Eddie, go! The irony: fled the new evil empire for the old one. Can't say I care much for Putin except when he rubs the US's nose in it and/or challenges the US. Maybe they'll have Snowden light the Olympic flame -- unless Russia's oppressive anti-gay laws get the event moved.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Snowden was accompanied by Sarah Harrison, a representative of the anti-secrecy group WikiLeaks, which confirmed he had left the airport.

So wikileaks agents roam freely in mother Russia and Snowden looks more and more like a product of Russian intelligence with each passing day.

Wow check out the downplay of this statement,

But a senior Kremlin official said ties between Russia and the United States would not suffer because of what he said was a "relatively insignificant" case.

Source

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Good luck to Snowden! When you get safe, spill the rest of the beans!!

The US folk and the world need the truth!!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by RP2SticksOfDynamite

Good luck to Snowden! When you get safe, spill the rest of the beans!!

The US folk and the world need the truth!!

He appears to be a Russian agent, if so he spilled every last bean to them already. The few beans he rolled your way was just to cause collateral damage and confusion behind enemy lines for his getaway.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Putin just spit in Obama's face. Shows the world how impotent Obama is.

I wonder if Snowden realizes what kind of country he has gone to . ATS thread - Gay Athletes Could Be Prosecuted at 2014 Winter Olympics, Russian Lawmaker Suggests . Perhaps he'll decide to be an activist over there and help advance basic human rights for homosexuals. They could use an advocate and Snowden doesn't seem to mind being a lightening rod ....

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Putin just spit in Obama's face. Shows the world how impotent Obama is.

I wonder if Snowden realizes what kind of country he has gone to . ATS thread - Gay Athletes Could Be Prosecuted at 2014 Winter Olympics, Russian Lawmaker Suggests . Perhaps he'll decide to be an activist over there and help advance basic human rights for homosexuals. They could use an advocate and Snowden doesn't seem to mind being a lightening rod ....

This is temporary asylum , who cares where he go ! While he is safe and not in US cage i'm good . It's funny , 25 years ago Russians celebrate when they escape from Russia , now is reverse . Are you still on the fence about Snowden ?
. You should care more about US then Snowden .

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Love to wake up to good news like this!

Go Snowden! Go Wikileaks!

Find the irony of leaving the new evil empire for the old evil empire...more than a little interesting. Shows again how the world isn't black and white, so much as gray, in many ways.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I think we all know what's gonna happen next.

The U.S brass will kick up a stink, and sooner or later we'll see headlines like 'Snowden: Russian Spy? Then Assange will throw his two cents in, then we'll be back at square one.

But I wonder if there's a catch 22 behind all this. Russia scratched his back...

<<   2  3 >>

join