It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Trailer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
There you go, for fellow ATSers Tolkien fans!

I personally enjoyed very much the first, enjoyed all the actors's performances (although Thorin Oakenshield looked more like Jesus than a dwarf
), and I'm very much looking forward to the second, who will be released this 14 December, if I remember right.

Enjoy!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Evangeline Lilly as an Elf (my 5th wife btw so hands off ) my dreams have come true

looks great cheers OP.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by starheart

Neat ! The first one was all right, I expect this one to be much much better and the third one to be outstanding - much like LOTR...

Thanks for the heads up ! Cheers !!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Evangeline Lilly as an Elf (my 5th wife btw so hands off ) my dreams have come true

looks great cheers OP.

Isnt that the girl from lost?

And didnt you learn the bloody lesson at marriage number-3 mate? You're going for 5? Crazy ape...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Yes it is.

My next wives will only be movie stars (Nicole Kidman 4th, Evangeline Lilly 5th goes on to about 8 but I forget who the rest are) because they will be away most of the time filming so it may work out.

I can dream can't I

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The first one wasn't very good. The CGI was very poor and this one doesn't look any better. Shoehorning in some pointless female elf character won't improve it either - in fact probably the opposite.
edit on 31/7/13 by Kram09 because: typos

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
The first one wasn't very good. The CGI was very poor and this one doesn't look any better. Shoehorning in some pointless female elf character won't improve it either - in fact probably the opposite.
edit on 31/7/13 by Kram09 because: typos

Umm... The CGI in The Hobbit wasn't bad. It was equally as good as LOTR or The Avatar. There's rarely bad CGIs.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Umm... The CGI in The Hobbit wasn't bad. It was equally as good as LOTR or The Avatar. There's rarely bad CGIs.

Umm...yes it was, and yes there are bad CGIs. What makes you think there isn't is beyond me. The CGI was certainly not as good as in The Lord of the Rings, which worked more effectively when using makeup and prosthetics for example with the Uruk Hai.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Umm...yes it was, and yes there are bad CGIs. What makes you think there isn't is beyond me. The CGI was certainly not as good as in The Lord of the Rings, which worked more effectively when using makeup and prosthetics for example with the Uruk Hai.

I must confess that I didn't found anything wrong with the CGI... I really didn't noticed any difference between the CGI of LOTR and the CGI of The Hobbit. I guess it's more apparent to experts.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I thought it was a good movie, and I didn't see owt up with the cgi also.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

I thought it was a good movie, and I didn't see owt up with the cgi also.

Yeah, me too! I even loved the actors they took. They were exactly what I was expecting. The first time I saw Bilbo and Thranduil, I thought: "That's exactly what I thought they would look like).
And the story followed the book as close and perfectly as it could, and if they took out a part, I have no idea which, and I don't miss it (unlike the LOTR, which took out from the books some good parts). And I really enjoyed the scenery. It reflected perfectly the feel and slight silliness of The Hobbit, which was much less serious than LOTR.

So yep, I can't wait to the the last two movies!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I guess it's more apparent to experts.

No just someone who happens to have a different opinion than you...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I guess it's more apparent to experts.

No just someone who happens to have a different opinion than you...

That's what I meant. Sorry...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Just posting to tell you guys that you can see the newly released trailer of "The Hobbit 2".
Happy Halloween!

top topics

join