It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama creating 'Behavioral Insights Team' ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
I think ATS is overreacting on this one.

Sounds like they are just looking for subtle ways to get you to turn off the light when you leave the room, and put away a little cash for retirement.

Just remember, when someone gives you responsible advice then it's all just a ploy to CONTROL YOUR MIND!!!!

So for those of you who think this is psyops from the admin, well where do you see it going?

They already 'control' our minds to a degree, the fact that no ones cares demonstrates that.

I do not see this as overreaction, I see it as sounding an alarm; we fell asleep with the proverbial lit cigarette in the bed, and now the smoke alarms are going off and we need to wake up.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The nudge becomes a poke.

The poke becomes an elbow in the ribs.

That becomes a shove against a wall.

Then they use a cattle prod.

Company Human Resources call it progressive discipline.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'm convinced that bitching on ATS about "Behavior modification" "mind control" and the evil MSM. Will prompt quick and lasting change.

Bit late don't ya think? The barn door has been open since 1964....

Really, who do you think is behind cultural change? I can tell you straight away it ain't politicians; they are as big an experimental lab rat as you are.

Ask yourselves this, who has the motivation and who has the money to actually instigate mind control?
edit on 1-8-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
I'm convinced that bitching on ATS about "Behavior modification" "mind control" and the evil MSM. Will prompt quick and lasting change. :lol

Sharing information and attempting to alert people to a situation is hardly 'bitching', but thank you for attempting to add to the thread otherwise.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

They can only influence us, they aren't capable of changing anything unless we want to be changed.

I hate to say it, but many are too stupid to resist. Even when you tell them you're going to influence their behavior, they'll just nod, smile and go back to looking for a Starbucks, watching sports and drinking the latest "lowest calorie lite beer!" [ shudder ] all the while bitching about how bad the government is. If it weren't so pathetic, it would be funny.

There you go. The first sentence is dead on.

I might take issue (just a little) with the rest of it. From my observations, most of these people actually believe big brother is good for them. They believe they NEED to be forced. Or in this case, coerced (Or "nudged" as Sunstein likes to call it).

The twisted thing is (I think) the majority WANTS a nanny state. They may not necessarily all agree with every bit of it but mark my words. If they get what they want, they will be willing to live with the side effects. The worst thing about it (as I said and you said) is that the government doesn't have to hide it because they know they have dumbed people down to the point to where they're actually begging for it.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
I'm convinced that bitching on ATS about "Behavior modification" "mind control" and the evil MSM. Will prompt quick and lasting change.

Bit late don't ya think? The barn door has been open since 1964....

It's a start. In the past most people weren't even aware that this sort of thing could even possibly be happening or could happen. It was something that happened in fictional TV shows and movies.

If there is any bright side to all of this it's that more people are at least aware of it. Unfortunately, people are still stupid and will probably still accept it but now they have to defend it. Until they institute strict censorship and forbid people from talking about it. Which will likely happen as well if things keep going down the path it looks like they're going down.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I think big brother needs a spanking. I wonder if the Secret Service would let me spank Obama.

The food chemistry is not fixing the problem, it is making it way worse. They need to get new people working on that and take the power out of the hands of the Pharma companies. Pharma companies are making a big mess of the project. They are going to bankrupt the country with their modifications of behavior. They have no insight, no concept of predicting the repercussions of their experimentation. Over educated idiots who are using trial and error instead of thinking it through first.
edit on 1-8-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

It will tackle problems such as getting people to conserve energy or save for retirement.

Oh my god- we can't have people doing smart things now can we?

I'm glad we're doing this, we need to counteract all the stupid, destructive garbage that the right wing has been feeding Americans for the last 30 years.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

It will tackle problems such as getting people to conserve energy or save for retirement.

I'm glad we're doing this, we need to counteract all the stupid, destructive garbage that the right wing has been feeding Americans for the last 30 years.

"" It will tackle problems such as getting people to conserve energy or save for retirement. ""

That's just the 'come-on' punch line.

Don't be shallow.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

Well, you know how it is when you have a role to play being the bad guy. You don't win any awards unless you play it well.

After all, where would they get their excuses for this kind of crap if they didn't appear to have a point?
edit on 2-8-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I get your sentiment, but I really think this is misplaced.
There's way more blatant and destructive things going on. This actually for the most part seems mundane. Is it really what the government should be doing? That's certainly debatable, but I don't see a conspiracy here, probably just a massive waste of resources at the worst.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

What kind of behaviors do you anticipate them engineering with this that appears detrimental to you?

I know your question wasn't directed at me, but I have to wonder if this engineering isn't already working. I doubt they would be out & proud about this if it were not already having an effect. We aren't doing a damn thing to stop the Gov't's over-reach of the citizens and things are getting a bit real here. Now this, and some (even you) are suggesting this is harmless.

I don't know-but I have big doubts.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206

I get your sentiment, but I really think this is misplaced.
There's way more blatant and destructive things going on. This actually for the most part seems mundane. Is it really what the government should be doing? That's certainly debatable, but I don't see a conspiracy here, probably just a massive waste of resources at the worst.

If and I stress, IF there is no actual 'conspiracy' then I could easily agree with your point of view, but I do think there is not only a conspiracy to control the minds of Americans, but that the plan has been in effect for quite some time now, and this announcement could simply be a test of how well those behavior modifications are taking hold, by gauging the reaction of the public to an announcement like this.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Mind control has been in effect for a long time by advertisers of all sorts of products thru subliminal ads.

It also has been proven to work.

www.cbsnews.com...

subliminalmanipulation.blogspot.com...

This old book is a great place to start in researching what is possible and is currently in application.

www.amazon.com...

I would imagine the technology has been developed so that governments, corporations, or any organization wanting to culturally manipulate the populace can and will thru television and all visual media. I submit the fashion industry as a prime example.

And to carry the conspiracy even further...do you really know what additives in food do to the human mind?
Could there be black ops programs like MK ultra or Paperclip still operating thru secret labs.

Every "salesman" knows or should know how to manipulate his potential customer. Look into NLP.

en.wikipedia.org...

Human manipulation is so subtle and widespread, I don't know that anything can be done to stop it's spread as it's surprisingly easy to do. Start your own cult. Or start a fashion trend like backward caps and baggy trousers. It's astonishing how easily people can be lead and buy into "fads" that make them look foolish.

www.psychologytoday.com...

And now with almost everyone in the world carrying around a communication devise; how does that play into the mix?

A quote to ponder....

"Just as most soldiers believe bullets will hit only others, not themselves, most citizens like to think that their own minds and thought processes are invulnerable. 'Other people can be manipulated, but not me,' they declare." -- Margaret Singer, Ph.D.

edit on 2-8-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   

What kind of behaviors do you anticipate them engineering with this that appears detrimental to you?

Is this really an honest question or are you just so desperate to defend Obama that you can't use your imagination?

The reason this kind of thing worries people is because the techniques they're talking about here can very easily be adapted to anything they (or some future administration) want to use them for.

What does that mean? That means, simply, they can introduce things like this to the public with excuses that seem harmless (and even beneficial if the overall creepiness of the whole thing doesn't bother you) and then gradually change the rules later on once they have everything in place and the public isn't paying very much attention anymore.

Knowing that the public has the collective attention span of a gnat on issues like this, it bothers me. Sorry if that bothers you.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Would you be okay with it if it was called the "Marketing Responsibility Think Tank"?

Just curious.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join