It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't scratch this mental itch that EOY 2013 is actually the real 2012 Mayan end date

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That's pretty warm isn't it? I don't know where you are, but if you can't see any weather anomalies, I don't have much else to say.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CircleOfDust
But I haven't got anything substantial yet to back it up

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CircleOfDust

Pretty typical herebouts.
Nicer than last year if anything.

edit on 7/30/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
The hype is over. No one is going to get roped into this again (gosh, I hope not!) You just can't build that much tension again in so many people.

The Mayans had their chance, sorry.

Even if it is up and coming, I don't think anybody will care or spend time worrying about it again.

I'll eat my favorite Pierre Cardin hat and share pictures with ATS if I'm wrong.

I found the mental itch quite easy to soothe!

edit on 30-7-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

I agree with this poster. Saying, "I have no concrete, or even loose evidence to support the fact that THIS year is the actual end date...but I feel it is" just isn't going to cut it anymore, even on the internet.

The truth is that none of us have any idea. Time itself isn't even what we really think it is, on a day to day basis. It is just the measurement of change, or the measurement of the passing of events.

I do think we are living in interesting times though. Even the internet itself is one of the greatest inventions of mankind. Our whole species has been, and will continue to be affected by the internet in ways we haven't even begun to tap into yet.

Who knows what this world holds? Regardless, I think attaching dates to end time ideas is pointless. Much more important we realize the value of this moment instead, and try to be as aware as possible as to what is happening in our lifetime, in this moment.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Religion is evidence of the end days.

Fixed.

edit on 31-7-2013 by LevelEleven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

the " long count " really did end in dec 2012 - there was no error

the error was the delusion that " something was going to happen "

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Again with this Mayan thing? Gosh.

What history guides your spiritual logic? It starts with a story, then it's hypnotic
Then any myth that comes along, you just adopted it
Why? Because your culture, you forgot it December 2012, let's continue this topic
Turn the page, the present world age
Began 3114 BC
According to the Mayan calendar, this age concludes December 21st 2012 AD
This 5125 years cycle of calm is one world age
Nothing changes overnight, it's all a process
A transition, it happens over many days
In the Mayan calculation a K'in, is one day
The Mayan Winal, that's 20 days
The Tun is 360 days
A K'atun is 7200 days
The B'ak'tun is 144,000 days
And they applied that to the Milky Way
In the cycles they saw the sun
Moving across the Milky Way's equator
Lining up with other galactic neighbors
We've been shifting for 30 years it seems
From 1980 to about 2016
The shift is now, it's occurring now
But if you're learning from the movies you won't know how to survive
Or stay alive after the storm Cause after that a new world order is born

- KRS ONE

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Well, I suggest you go right ahead and consider that itch scratched. Nothing will happen as usual.

I have a very hard time putting any credence into the ramblings of an ancient civilization that didn't have the wherewithal to ensure its own survival, not to mention the additional ramblings of outsiders who've found a calendar and are bewitched by the fact that it ends.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

reply to post by InhaleExhale

How old are you? I don't think anyone takes you seriously. I know i don't.

Help, or get off. Your choice.

Are you going for ATSs biggest troll award?

How old I am is of no concern to you, your thread topic or your mental itches,

You don't think period, you should try it at once in a while

What help do want when I do not remember what you said should be remembered in your OP

The only thing I can't stop thinking about is... Remember how 2001 was really the start of the new millennium, not 2000? And if this is correct,

Why don't you you help the readers of your thread and remind us or just me because I cannot remember how 2001 was really the start of the new millennium or what you mean by this.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

My sources can actually read the ancient Mayan writings and have been working in the field for decades. Your sources misconstrue what my sources say because they have no background in the field and then add in things with absolutely no evidence because they know it will sell books.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

reply to post by Atzil321

Statements without support are considered weak statements, and given that truism, yours is certainly.

Right after this statement you made and a few prior with so much support

Comet's are anything but a dirty snowball. Dirty snowballs don't have a coma the size of planets.

And then post this to top it off

So how many times are you going to post to this thread without saying anything really at all, but just an attempt to steer the weak minded back into their daze that all is fine?

How many threads are you going to make without supporting your statements in a lame attempt to steer the week minded into your fear mongering the world is ending crap?

Do you think your unsupported and copied ideas from other dooms day pushers will do any good to any human other than instill doubt and fear?

Look in the mirror,

You say you have prepared, for what to pass on your irrational fears of the world ending in a public forum?

If you believe this to be true and are prepared why not start a thread not telling the readers were doomed but instead show us your preparations, give solution to fix the problems.

Responsibility seems to elude you if you believe this because all have done is blamed the TPTB.

A little like "the devil made do it" excuse.

Funny how you attack others intelligence and vision.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Sometimes we all gotta reach down and scratch our....er..... yea that's it.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

reply to post by Phage

Look around you.

What do you see?

would it be similar to the lyrics of this song

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Mayan calendar ends 9/16/2016, not 12/21/12. Do the math. From 9/16/1756 to 12/21/12 is 13 katuns measured in 360 day year. So what about the last 5.25 days of all those years. They add up to 1,365 days which takes us to 9/16/2016 aka feast of trumpets on the Hebrew solar calendar (book of Jubilees recognizes that jew shouldnt hold a lunar calendar). The MSM lied. If the mayan calendar had been measured in 360 day years back to back, it would have ended in the 1950's. But mayan calendar is based on 360+5.25 days. It must be properly intercalated. I think the biblical flood added the last 5.25 days. The mayans got their calendar format from the Bible. Its based on the multiple 105. So a great cycle is 5250 years, not 5200 or 5125. Its 105 jubilees. Count back 5250 years from 2016, and you get Lamech's birth (Noah's dad). I believe 9/16/2016 may be the rapture. Why else would the mayan calendar line up with a jewish feast day, why else is 1365 found in Number chapter 3? We are in the year 6121 from adam's fall, not 5772. The jews have forgotten how to count. The hebrew and greek syllable meter of the bible can verify all of this info. Plus, just look at the pyramid on the dollar.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

But I haven't got anything substantial yet to back it up, although I've been trying for a few weeks now.

And now we have Comet Ison too. So many legends and stories tell of a comet heralding the end, as I'm sure you all already know.

I suggest you look up short period comets

List of Comets

Looking at that the world should end every 3.3 years many have an orbit of well under 10 years.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

I agree with you but there is clue "in the year 1999 and 7 months, at 45 Degs the sky will burn : Nostradamus" we all know the WTC was hit on 911 2001 2 years and 2 months off this is how many days we are off to the real time in life not my mans dates but of celestial time, It is written in the stars.
If we are to look at this as the real time line then today's year is 2011 and the month is may.

AS with before there is no end , but a new beginning , a new way of thinking, knowledge, and how we will look at all things. The old ways will come to an end. 2+2 will still be 4, it is how we treat each other that will change, The Powers the be will come to an end, for their system will fail them.

Well, to be precise, Nostradamus did use the word "sept", which while it translates to seven, it could just as well be indicating sept-ember, and this is more likely for a couple of reasons. Nostradamus often used parts of words, not always in his own language, throughout his quattrains. Secondly, September was once the seventh month. It's easy to see the confusion.

It's not terribly improbable that at some point in the last 500 years or so, the western calendar date skipped two years (or perhaps some other number, but two years as suggested by the Nostradamus dating). Seeing as how we are talking about from the dark ages until now, I don't think it is that much of leap to suggest it could have happened.

Now, if we assume that something would happen on or near the Mayan transition date, and we also assume the Mayan dates have been properly correlated, then this would put the Mayan transition date in December 2014.
That's some heavy assumption regarding the pegging of the Mayan calendars to our own, but that's the date such an idea would put us at, not 2013.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by supermarket2012

I wouldn't count on the internet lasting much longer.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyJohn4578

'Thanks for the info. until 2016 huh? Interesting, that.

Here's what Defcon5 said in my 2020 thread.

Originally posted by defcon5
Ah, fun with numbers...
I'll play...

538 (when the Pontifex assumed full power in Rome) + 1260 = 1798 (when Napoleon took the Pontifex out of political power)

332 (Alexander takes control of Jerusalem) + 2300 (years to “cleans sanctuary”) = 1968 (the year Israel recaptures the “Jewish quarter” including the Temple Mount)

691 (year Dome of the rock completed) + 1335 = 2026
or...
685 (year Dome of the rock started) + 1335 = 2020

Dec 1, 2017 (time the Real ID is to be fully implemented) + 7 = Dec 1, 2024

Sir Issac Newton believed that the world would end around 2060...

So whats this all mean?
Just that I'm bored.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

Conquistadors took all mayan knowledge, and later the Vatican tortured mayan priests to translate their writings, which they kept and is NOT available to the public. That should tell you something.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join