It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mental Health in Modern Day Britain (A Personal Experience).

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1
Thank you for this. I would like to echo the sentiments already expressed for your thought provoking, and brave post which deserves much more than stars and flags. I will be keeping you in my thoughts, and I will try to carry forward as much as I can from your life in my own, in the hope that by doing so some good things can come out of what you have been through.

Best wishes

I am so impressed by these replies! All is not lost obviously. There are some very humane and clever people on ATS. I always come here when the rest of the world is too haunting. I do find at least some companionship here because many people here are for one reason or another concerned about the state of reality we are in!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Haha it sounds like you had a damn good time anyway. I have also had some pretty fun but dangerous experiences. I climbed a spider and snake infested cliff in the dark here in Australia. I scaled the phone tower at the top and tried to disable it because I thought it was part of an evil grid being built to enslave the world. Had an absolute blast. Everything seemed to make complete sense at the time. That's the thing about being bat # crazy, you have no idea.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

This a good video to explain why permanently referring to ones history and the effect these events has on one is a false reflection on how you are now. Just in the way the tail does not wag the dog or the wake of a ship does not steer the ship.

That is the most positive way to go forward.

However, maxims like "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it" also compute.

An area of psychology called Transactional Analysis attempts to deal with the here and now. That has its uses. But then for me I have to live with all my memories of what I have been. I have to deal with close ones (relatives) who view me as someone who is not quite right and together. They have seen me at my worst and that colours and clouds their perception of me.

It is me who is wrong for expressing myself inappropriately. I must accept that. I must learn to control this ship and not keep running it on to the rocks.

Inappropriate behaviour must be tackled. But I would argue, due to the prolific nature of mental ill health in our Western societies, we must tackle it positively and humanely. A tenth of the population are gonna have to face this personally at some point in their lives. It will be distressing for them and their loved ones.

edit on 30-7-2013 by Revolution9 because: word correction.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
reply to post by Revolution9

Haha it sounds like you had a damn good time anyway. I have also had some pretty fun but dangerous experiences. I climbed a spider and snake infested cliff in the dark here in Australia. I scaled the phone tower at the top and tried to disable it because I thought it was part of an evil grid being built to enslave the world. Had an absolute blast. Everything seemed to make complete sense at the time. That's the thing about being bat # crazy, you have no idea.

That's it exactly. One does the most dangerous things. I had no concern for my wellbeing what so ever. What is it about those mind states?

It is like I did not care whether I lived or died. The boundaries had all broken down. With the boat thing it was because I thought everyone was disappearing. I really did believe it. Reality even looked that way.

Scary where the mind can wander. Evil grid, lol! You are not far off there. It certainly has enslaved the world metaphorically. Wow, you sure walked a gauntlet or two! Respect my friend!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
A young-people led, web based community focusing on promoting well-being and positive self-esteem. The website has been developed and managed by volunteers across the UK, who have conducted research, built a range of resources; leaflets and downloads, video clips and podcasts; and have created safe online services offering specific support.and it helps supports Anti Aging.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join