It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever you believe is true!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Now there's an opinion i can respect. I'll have to disagree wholeheartedly, but I respect it nonetheless. I never said religion was the sole perpetrator for mankind's woes. It's just a huge chunk. It's stupidity itself that is to blame. I'm no idealist either, I don't think the day where everyone will be holding hands singing songs around campfires will come even if religion disappears for good. That's obvious. Look at nature. Animals don't pray and they're just as predisposed to violence as any person. But there exist conditions on this planet that are just unacceptable. Death from hunger is running rampant. Completely avoidable wars manifest periodically. The ice caps melt as species go from endangered to extinct through unnatural causes. This planet's days are numbered. Personally I don't want to wast another second indulging in any belief that relies on waiting for angels, demons, aliens, gods, or prophets to come down from outer space and show us the light. What the hell are they waiting for? And am I detecting a defeatist attitude emanating from your post? People aren't hopeless. Just infinitely stupid.
edit on 1-8-2013 by the sloth because: b

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by the sloth
reply to post by akushla99

Yeah, I feel way lucky, righteous, and to a certain degree knowledgeable. Let me hip you to a few of my SUBJECTIVE BELIEFS: There's nothing more beautiful than science and knowledge. They're both fundamental precursors to planetary progress. That what we're here for: Enlightenment and Progress.[opinionated input end].

What people don't get is that only through helping and educating each other will true lasting happiness ever be obtained. That's where the internet comes in. But there's a difference between helping someone and tip toeing around their convictions to avoid conflict. Especially when those convictions have been killing and dividing human beings since the dawn of time. If you keep feeding everyones erroneous egos, we'll have fifty more religions before the decade is through. WTF will that accomplish? Why doesn't anyone ever question the need for worship at all. If you look at the situation objectively there is basically no difference between a god fearing man and a white fearing house slave.
edit on 31-7-2013 by the sloth because: used since instead of sense lol

Well, but then, emotions are just chemical reactions...so really don't mean much in context, except they make you feel good about notions you cannot show me...I'm really dissapointed by that fish you regurgitated...

Are you trying to tell me some of what you have written is NOT subjective? Bahahahaha...man you must be a comedian, that's gold right there! (but then I have to walk the thin line of trying not to feed your erroneous ego - and that's tricky...you admit to being knowledgeable, to a certain degree...) I think you could start a religion (but call it something snazzy, like Slothism - the righteous path with a certain degree of knowledge...)

I for one appreciate your views...spreading ideas is a great catalyst, but if you want to be the arbiter of truth, you've just about overtaken the revolution...especially with those feel-good chemicals running through you and that certain degree of knowledge (or is that survival instinct?)...

Cheers
Å99

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by the sloth
reply to post by Deetermined

Now there's an opinion i can respect. I'll have to disagree wholeheartedly, but I respect it nonetheless. I never said religion was the sole perpetrator for mankind's woes. It's just a huge chunk. It's stupidity itself that is to blame. I'm no idealist either, I don't think the day where everyone will be holding hands singing songs around campfires will come even if religion disappears for good. That's obvious. Look at nature. Animals don't pray and they're just as predisposed to violence as any person. But there exist conditions on this planet that are just unacceptable. Death from hunger is running rampant. Completely avoidable wars manifest periodically. The ice caps melt as species go from endangered to extinct through unnatural causes. This planet's days are numbered. Personally I don't want to wast another second indulging in any belief that relies on waiting for angels, demons, aliens, gods, or prophets to come down from outer space and show us the light. What the hell are they waiting for? And am I detecting a defeatist attitude emanating from your post? People aren't hopeless. Just infinitely stupid.
edit on 1-8-2013 by the sloth because: b

At the core of all this, what's YOUR motive for wanting anything to change...if mankind is such a stupid species, you surely are one of them, and are therefore just another animal in the jungle?!...and the way you feel is irrelevant (because these are just chemicals doing what they do)...harden up Mowgli !

Å99

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It may be a small voice but there is a voice here - the OP is false.

I promise the world wouldn't be as mixed up if everyone understood that there is a good, there is a bad, there is a right and there is a wrong.

My only suggestion to you OP is to do something to enhance your mind, something needs to be done in order to bring realization instead of just drifting away psychologically.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
It may be a small voice but there is a voice here - the OP is false.

I promise the world wouldn't be as mixed up if everyone understood that there is a good, there is a bad, there is a right and there is a wrong.

My only suggestion to you OP is to do something to enhance your mind, something needs to be done in order to bring realization instead of just drifting away psychologically.

I love the way a 'discipline', and its armchair supporters can flip-flop a notion to support its own groundless position. It just goes to show the expert origami that human perpetrates on its mechanisms to prove 'whatever you believe, is true'.

It is the premise of the OP, bells, whistles and mirrorballs aside...if it werent true, there would be no need to defend all our positions...the premise is proving itself.

It takes on the farcical jig of a dancing truism, chained to each of us...that is both the objective and subjective part...all we can do is wince at that poor, chained truism...while believing ours is free and windswept...unless the epiphany of cause/effect is understood at invisible levels...or, we are glorified blobs of atomic slime organising our own decimation...through a kind of diversionary illusion of outer progress - that starving child in Africa tells you the truth, but, we're more interested in being right, while constructing grammatcally correct arguments over machines that keep them hungry by default.

Å99

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

but, we're more interested in being right,

This needs to be said again, I do not think anywhere heard you!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

but, we're more interested in being right,

This needs to be said again, I do not think anywhere heard you!

Vaudeville phantom, being called out by the spectators 'He's right behind you!'...it's no disparagement, some 'actors' believe the play is real, or...the disembodied , chemically inspired notions of travelling to the stars, could never have been transformed into a four letter acronym without one thought, or another...shake-a-spear productions have been running for centuries, they deal with very base notions clothed in drama, comedy, pathos...a long tradition from even before William...culture gets gentrified, industrialised...removed from thier roots - to become distraction, time filling, ego boosters...and while ermine-coated luminaries are sitting in 'theatre-boxes' discussing the trickery and cleverness of one man, slavery appears as a rose by another name...
If we are 'much more' than jungle animals, this is to an extent quantifiable...that quantifyable aspect produces civilisation which has not spanned the 'motive', the jungle metaphor remains...for those who have nowhere else to go in that spaghetti-bowl...desepere lies in the dregs of that yummy sauce, tummies full, though!

One cannot tell a colorblind-red person, that it is percievable, and is percieved...the 'red' is not 'a thing' and therefore is outside the hard paperfolding of most scientifically, colorblind minds...it is a mathematical equation that has escaped them to this point...if, by some miraculous fairy wand, an en masse epiphany is experienced, it remains a subjective experience, to be poo-pooed by objectivists (by nature)...who are operating under exactly the same principles...

Å99

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

By the way I love poetry, but in this subject I think it is very straight forward - although I am ready to admit this is a subconscious straight forward, an unconscious straight forward. Emotions are the essence of what is true, there is a small percent chance the emotion could be distorted but in general we do not observe the cause of our emotions and the cause of society, but if we did it would lead to the real truth. So if you have someone avoiding emotions altogether then it would lead to this world of believing whatever you think as foundation could be accepted as reality. I am here to say it is fake, and that love is the only thing that could be equated to truth amongst separate consciousness, anything else would be regarded as a choice to separate physical from consciousness.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

By the way I love poetry, but in this subject I think it is very straight forward - although I am ready to admit this is a subconscious straight forward, an unconscious straight forward. Emotions are the essence of what is true, there is a small percent chance the emotion could be distorted but in general we do not observe the cause of our emotions and the cause of society, but if we did it would lead to the real truth. So if you have someone avoiding emotions altogether then it would lead to this world of believing whatever you think as foundation could be accepted as reality. I am here to say it is fake, and that love is the only thing that could be equated to truth amongst separate consciousness, anything else would be regarded as a choice to separate physical from consciousness.

6 pages for the word to appear! The lines are well drawn, in appearance(?!)...they do not exist for the claim of false. What comes first? The action, or the thought? Action run on animal instinct (which is a form of reflex, and not pro-active either)...that's right, the thought comes first...what are thoughts? Where do they come from? Emotions?...you said it...LOVE...quantify it, and explain its purpose...

Incidentally, I agree with you - but, the 'fake' call is a paperfold...I knoe it to be false...and that is my subjective knoeledge, just like your love is yours...

Å99

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by jhill76

I believe that human males and females were not designed to engage in long lasting relationships. I believe that men are ruled by their genitals and women are ruled by materialism. I believe that men and women should never marry or even live together.

Is this true?

Yes, for you it is true. For another who disagrees with you it would not be.

Because you believe male and females were not designed to be in long lasting relationships, any experience that you see of a male and female couple will be filtered through that belief, and those who believe opposite of you will be filtering through THAT belief, when in reality it is just a male and a female in a relationship.

What is happening is real, but you are free to believe whatever you want about it and in your experience it will be true FOR YOU.

There is much freedom when it comes to belief systems.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Yes, for you it is true. For another who disagrees with you it would not be.

Because you believe male and females were not designed to be in long lasting relationships, any experience that you see of a male and female couple will be filtered through that belief, and those who believe opposite of you will be filtering through THAT belief, when in reality it is just a male and a female in a relationship.

What is happening is real, but you are free to believe whatever you want about it and in your experience it will be true FOR YOU. There is much freedom when it comes to belief systems.

This is a great real world example of the OP.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by the sloth

Personally I don't want to wast another second indulging in any belief that relies on waiting for angels, demons, aliens, gods, or prophets to come down from outer space and show us the light. What the hell are they waiting for?

Above does not want man to just sit and wait either, but to help others, and learn, not sit and wait until the end. I do not see any message of claiming to just wait until it is all over.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Not true, not true at all. This is called relative truth. Basically not truth at all.

If you believe in the Bible then you wouldn't make a thread like this.
edit on 23-11-2013 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

RevelationGeneration
reply to post by jhill76

Not true, not true at all. This is called relative truth. Basically not truth at all.

If you believe in the Bible then you wouldn't make a thread like this.
edit on 23-11-2013 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

This was not the point of the OP at all.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
greyer

greyer
It may be a small voice but there is a voice here - the OP is false. I promise the world wouldn't be as mixed up if everyone understood that there is a good, there is a bad, there is a right and there is a wrong.

The OP is not false; everything you believe is true (Im NOT speaking of this worldly tangible grossness as a 3d human entity). Im referencing what happens to your spirit after leaving your body (death most likely). Your minds individual will (can create a construct) on this earth while alive that will subplant itself to a place you created for your afterlife. This is temporary but will take place. You may find yourself (as spirit) in the environment you expected in afterlife. Like a freeway with exit ramps, the RCC get off on this one, the buddhists the next 2 down; OR you could find yourself in "chaos" or a firery environment. You decide it, you create it well before your physical death as you are matrixing the expectation into being as we speak. Happy positive thoughts rather than the negative would be advised at your physical demise.

edit on 26-11-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

vethumanbeing

The OP is not false; everything you believe is true (Im NOT speaking of this worldly tangible grossness as a 3d human entity).

Those words are false, because I don't believe in anything. To choose judgement over the universe as being what others have said based on their intuition and not their ego is logical, it is taking an educated guess. That is what makes us different (spirit and ego), You choose to stand by something and say that you are right. Well most people that have done that are proven wrong by the experience of another person. I wish that we knew for sure, but mother earth is a mysterious sphere of matter.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
greyer
vethumanbeing

VETERANhumanbeing
The OP is not false; everything you believe is true (Im NOT speaking of this worldly tangible grossness as a 3d human entity).

gryer
Those words are false, because I don't believe in anything. To choose judgement over the universe as being what others have said based on their intuition and not their ego is logical, it is taking an educated guess. That is what makes us different (spirit and ego), You choose to stand by something and say that you are right. Well most people that have done that are proven wrong by the experience of another person. I wish that we knew for sure, but mother earth is a mysterious sphere of matter.

Well then you will be in for quite a ride of 'nothingness' when you leave your current body (where am I; what happened, someone anyone out here)? Educated guesses are not the same thing as having experienced the afterlife, wether in a death transition or 'out of body experence IN THE NOW'. You are an individual why would take someone elses opinion in the first place; its your job to figure this one out for yourself. Its one of the reasons you encarnated on this planet in this dimension and it would appear youre not up to the challenge you set for yourself; (I can hear it now from your higher selves "WHAT, you wasted a lifetime on mysterious earth and your conclusions resulted with no belief system AT ALL!? what were you in a coma?"). I suppose you could now that you have some time compose an arguement for those questions and dont believe me at all but they will be asked of you. Your argument would be "What; me worry?" alfred E. neuman style Mad Magazine.
edit on 27-11-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join