It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would appreciate some book recommandations (I-Ching, Tarot, etc..)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I'm about to place another order for a few books, and I wanted to get a book of the I-Ching (or Book of Change), but I've seen from searching on Amazon that there is quite a few translations of it.

I wondered if anyone had a recommendation/suggestion for one in particular, either in the list that I'll post under this, or from another author, I don't really care, as long as it's good and it haven't lost too much of the original "meanings". Thanks for your help.

On Amazon, thoses ones returned as the most popular picks:

Most popular results for i ching :
1. The I Ching or Book of Changes -- by C.F. Baynes (Editor), et al; Hardcover (Rate it)

2. The Complete I Ching: The Definitive Translation by the Taoist Master Alfred Huang -- by Alfred Huang; Hardcover (Rate it)

3. The I Ching or Book of Changes : A Guide to Life's Turning Points -- by Brian Browne Walker; Paperback (Rate it)

I'd also like a suggestions for a book (and deck of cards) of Tarot. The differents choices for this are even wider than for the I-Ching. I'd like to hear from someone who had first hand experience with this. Thanks again. I'll be looking for your replies.

[Edited on 12-11-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Morbid,
I'd tend to go with number 2. Just seems you might get a better interpretation from an actual Taoist. Just my opinion though, I haven't read any of them.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DiabolusFireDragon
Morbid,
I'd tend to go with number 2. Just seems you might get a better interpretation from an actual Taoist. Just my opinion though, I haven't read any of them.

Thanks man, that's probably a good advice. So I think I'll go with the second one for the I-Ching. I'm still open for suggestions, I won't place my order till tonight or maybe tomorrow. If you people wanna suggest other book that deals with occult subjects, feel free to post them. I'm interested in reading everything there is worth reading about it. I'm also ordering "Agrippa 3 books of occult philosophy" and I already have a few books at home, but I'd still like to hear some of yall suggestions.

Thanks for your time and help.

[Edited on 12-11-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I agree with dragon, go for book 2. And when you done with it send me a u2u, and tell me all about it! lol, cuz i wish to read the I-ching also, but dont have time right now.
-Dani

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
If you're getting into the Taoism, then you might want to read "The Way of Chaung Tzu". Shambala Pocket Editions does a wonderful version.

top topics

join