It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Prince: Fracking Is Threat To Kingdom

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Billionares have money problems? um...LOL
Wow I wish I had these problems! Sitting around on stack of cash and grumble when less millions come in.
He should just go buy Hawaii; its much nicer of a climate... maybe that would calm him down.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Foxy1

I know right... It's "sad" when one of the richest people in the world complains...

Sad oh right...
(That's not sarcasm)

-SAP-
edit on 31-7-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia

Originally posted by Viesczy
That Prince is full of $h!t and just looking to run his yap and get his country all riled up.

Fracking isn't a threat to Big Oil. Fracking's only threat is to the communities near the fracking sites.

The world at large will still run on oil based fuels with only a handful going over to LNG.

The world will still need oil to create polymers too, he's just running his yap and hoping to keep the attention of his country away from the reason for strife/turmoil within the country--the 'royal' family.

Derek

Fracking is very bad for the groundwater resources. It will cause long term damage.

There is no option but to reduce oil use drastically.

I propose the world should set itself a target of reducing oil consumption by 3% per year. It is doable.

I know the threats of fracking well, that's why I said that its threat is the communities near fracking and not him.

There is NO reason that we should run the world on ANYTHING extracted from the ground, this is the 21st century.

Derek

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Viesczy

What alternative do you suggest?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Gary29

Here are the alternatives:

1. Build high speed electric power rail system between all major cities with population greater than 1 million. This will reduce both air and car traffic. All smaller cities (pop. greater than 250K) should be connected to the major ones with electric feeder lines running frequent tram service.

2. Build mass rapid transit system in all cities having a population more than 250,000. Quite simple low volume system (like monorail) are now available for smaller cities.

3. Create dedicated bike lanes in cities, so that people can use bikes safely for short distances.

4. Encourage farms to produce their own power from sunlight, wind or whatever resources are available.

I can go on and one, and tell you 100 more points.

I hope you get it.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

Most of the UK's cities and major areas of population are connected by railways. High speed electric railways run on 25,000volt AC overheads. Monorails and tram systems also use a lot of electricity. That requires a reliable power supply, not reliant on the vagaries of the weather.

Many towns and cities in the UK have dedicated cycle lane.

Farmers need fuel to power tractors and harvesting equipment more than they need electricity.

Looking out to sea from where I live, I can see the worlds largest offshore wind farms. They take up hundreds of square miles and at peak capacity they produce the same electricity as two coal fired power stations. Problem is they can hardly ever run at peak capacity. Their average is 30% of capacity. They don't generate any power when the wind isn't blowing, and when it's too windy they are turned off as well to prevent damage. In the winter they actually use electricity to warm them and stop their gears freezing. Salt corrosion is huge problem with offshore wind turbines, at any one time several are out of use for maintenance.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This thread will be discussed tonight at 10pm Est tonight on Reality Remix.

Join ATS Members SheepSlayer247, Adjensen, NoRegretsEver, Druid42 & Beezer for two hours of their take on threads past and present right here on ATS!

Reality Remix

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This thread will be discussed tonight at 10:10pm Est tonight on Reality Remix.

Join ATS Members SheepSlayer247, Adjensen, NoRegretsEver, Druid42 & Beezer for two hours of their take on threads past and present right here on ATS!

Reality Remix

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join