It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Prince: Fracking Is Threat To Kingdom

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I find it very hard to have any sympathy for the Saudi's, or indeed any of the other petroleum exporting countries that have done almost nothing to diversify their economies. For decades they've been able to manipulate the rest of the world with the price of oil. Maybe if they hadn't squeezed the rest of us for so long shale oil production wouldn't have proved so attractive?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Just a propaganda diversion.

The oil is running out in Saudi Arabia, and they can barely keep up their current production, while the quality of the oil continues to decline dramatically.

You can't even get reports of how much sweet light crude the Saudis produce, since 2008 when their production peaked.

Fracking is a stop gap attempt, to keep the world dependent on oil, because it concentrates wealth so easily.

The end of oil will be a good think for the people of Earth.

There has been a lot of speculation that Saudi reserves numbers are inflated.
The oil sands and shale oil development have occurred at a time of urgency. These sources are expensive ways to produce oil.

Saudi cannot work. Saudi are poor managers and poor workers. If oil is finished, they will go back to poor tribals they were before oil was discovered.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

But in the case of Saudi Arabia, that would mean turning down the volume on religion, and actually making the populace work.

Thus my sarcastic remark. Was it to hard to understand it?
edit on 30-7-2013 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
My heart bleeds for the poor Saudis.
And what of Dubai?
Enquiring Minds and all.....

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Some people hating fracking, they also hate 'war'.

Now If those people get off the anti fracking bandwagon there might be less 'war'.

Keep blocking fracking, and more 'wars' on on the horizon.

You can't have your cake and eat it too AGW crowd.

What is it going to be?

Is this supposed to be a joke or are you really that "shallow" minded?

Only an idiot would accept the premiss that there are only two options with respect to ending "Wars for Energy."

God forbid I ask you this question but, have you ever heard of clean, renewable energy? In case you haven't, let me explain to you the one thing that makes it unique among all energy sources.

It's abundant and everyone has equal access to it so there's no need to fight wars to control it.

Not to mention the fact that you don't have to destroy the environment to get at it.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Telos

But in the case of Saudi Arabia, that would mean turning down the volume on religion, and actually making the populace work.

Underground kingdom of Agartha is a mythical kingdom.

People cannot survive underground for long periods. They need to find food, fresh water, herbs etc. just to survive.

Agartha was nothing but a tunnel city for a small population - similar to a large village. The tunnels were made in a mountain.

It was not in Tibet but in Tarim valley. Tibet was too cold and harsh when Agartha existed.

The people of Agartha can be called the Eastern white race. These people spread out and multiplied over time.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

Originally posted by neo96

Some people hating fracking, they also hate 'war'.

Now If those people get off the anti fracking bandwagon there might be less 'war'.

Keep blocking fracking, and more 'wars' on on the horizon.

You can't have your cake and eat it too AGW crowd.

What is it going to be?

Only an idiot would accept the premiss that there are only two options with respect to ending "Wars for Energy."

God forbid I ask you this question but, have you ever heard of clean, renewable energy? In case you haven't, let me explain to you the one thing that makes it unique among all energy sources.

It's abundant and everyone has equal access to it so there's no need to fight wars to control it.

Not to mention the fact that you don't have to destroy the environment to get at it.

Now, if only we could add the word reliable to your description. That's unless you include nuclear power to your list of renewables?
edit on 30-7-2013 by Gary29 because: addition to post

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Actually the sanest thing i've heard, comming out of that Kingdom,,, in 1,500 years.

Good for him.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Ill wait for you to reply....but please provide your examples of abundant clean energy

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

What can they do? What skills do they have?

They depend on foreigners for everything, even to run their hospitals.

Saudi can only sign papers. Even giving orders is difficult for them as they are ignorant of business.

This race is going to die off. I give them 50 years max. They may be finished off before the oil.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

IF they are still "the people of the desert",,, what more do they need?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

The Jokes and shallow minded are those who support alternative energy ALL depends on the climate, that is changing remember?

And all alternative energy products are made from fossil fuels because alternative doesn't generate the necessary energy, and other fossil fuels deleiver, and install them.

Wuh?

Isn't that what the alternative energy pushers are doing?

Alternative or fossil!

Doh!.

Clean?

Wanna know how much green houses get put out making that 'alternative energy' ?

And sorry fossil fuels work 24/7 regardless climate, and is CHEAPER.

I wonder who the 'idiots' are.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
America Controls Saudis Oil if you knew. Economically, the west has to rely on saudisamerica oil

The petrodollar system originated in the early 1970s in the wake of the Bretton Woods collapse. President Richard M. Nixon and his Secretary of State, Henry Kissinger, knew that their destruction of the international gold standard under the Bretton Woods arrangement would cause a decline in the artificial global demand of the U.S. dollar. Maintaining this "artificial dollar demand" was vital if the United States were to continue expanding its "welfare and warfare"spending. In a series of meetings, the United States — represented by then U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger — and the Saudi royal family made an agreement. According to the agreement, the United States would offer military protection for Saudi Arabia’s oil fields. The U.S. also agreed to provide the Saudis with weapons, and protection from Israel.

The agreement included:

1) The Saudis must agree to price all of their oil sales in U.S. dollars only. (In other words, the Saudis were to refuse all other currencies, except the U.S. dollar, as payment for their oil exports.)

2) The Saudis would be open to investing their surplus oil proceeds in U.S. debt securities.

By 1975, all of the oil-producing nations of OPEC had agreed to price their oil in dollars and to hold their surplus oil proceeds in U.S. government debt securities in exchange for the generous offers by the U.S.

Source

edit on 30-7-2013 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos

Possibly.

It may be more related to me being dense as a neutron star, too.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
That Prince is full of $h!t and just looking to run his yap and get his country all riled up.

Fracking isn't a threat to Big Oil. Fracking's only threat is to the communities near the fracking sites.

The world at large will still run on oil based fuels with only a handful going over to LNG.

The world will still need oil to create polymers too, he's just running his yap and hoping to keep the attention of his country away from the reason for strife/turmoil within the country--the 'royal' family.

Derek

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viesczy
That Prince is full of $h!t and just looking to run his yap and get his country all riled up.

Fracking isn't a threat to Big Oil. Fracking's only threat is to the communities near the fracking sites.

The world at large will still run on oil based fuels with only a handful going over to LNG.

The world will still need oil to create polymers too, he's just running his yap and hoping to keep the attention of his country away from the reason for strife/turmoil within the country--the 'royal' family.

Derek

Fracking is very bad for the groundwater resources. It will cause long term damage.

There is no option but to reduce oil use drastically.

I propose the world should set itself a target of reducing oil consumption by 3% per year. It is doable.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
As a financial analyst for many years with one of the big oils, I can assure you there are many who fear the tremendous growth of this technology. Bakken, Marcellus, and Barnett are just the tip of the ice berg.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The Middle-East will have a lot more to worry about if the West reallywill no longer require their 'services' in the future than merely its economic stability. See: Egypt, Syria, Tunisia, Lebanon, Palestine, Iraq, Iran...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Anything that pisses off the sponsors of terrorism worldwide make me a happy man! Keep Frakking baby! Frak Saudi Arabia!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Stiff sh!t Princess, ohh sorry Prince, get over it.. Ahhh booo hoo, I want be able to sky indoors in the middle of the desert anymore.. To much money too soon. Oil well, back to riding Camels..

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join