It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Prince: Fracking Is Threat To Kingdom

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
When I read the tagline I thought they might have environmental concerns.

No, it's just about the money. Silly me.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Ok not really I'd love nothing more to stick it to Saudi Arabia, and kick them to the curb.

Why is this the attitude?

It's not like a significant decrease in oil demand will only effect the royals. Why do we have to act like this is a zero sum game and Saudi Arabia's loss is our gain? Why would one cheer for economic devastation on another country?

Let's hope that as America increases it's energy independence that Saudi Arabia might also find alternatives to the cornerstone of their economy. Let's hope that Saudi Arabia advances along with America. They are already doing some of the largest scale renewable infrastructure in the world.

Anyone who is arguing for fracking in America as a way to weaken other countries is part of the problem.

You might want to argue that weakening SA is good because they are Islamist, extremist, the enemy. OK, would collapsing their economy really help that situation or might it fueld the fire?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Why not?

Point out where it says in the ATS manual say I am suppose to like Saudi Arabia,

Point of fact don't like anyone in the ME, and the sooner we get outta there the better off this country will be.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Saudi Prince: Fracking Is Threat To Kingdom

Aaaand DC bans fracking in 3. . . 2. . .

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Aww poor princes, guess they'll only be able to buy 20 lambos this year each instead of 40.

*rubs thumb and index finger together*

IF you look closely you can see that I am in fact playing an infinitely tiny violin.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I guess I don't like the idea of millions of people facing a depression. I'm not saying we shouldn't pursue fracking because it would hurt the Middle East, but celebrating their struggle would strike me as unproductive in trying to make the world more peaceful and friendly.

And in all reality, oil demand isn't plummeting any time soon so I'm not really worried about the plight of Saudi Arabia's modern economy.

Be my guest and dislike the Middle East, I'd just hope you understand that millions of people with no stake in the game suffer when a nation takes a downturn.
edit on 7/29/2013 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

What is more harmful to the enviornment?

Fracking or DU rounds in some far away land ?

And thus my mixed feelings.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
I don't like their theocracy, but this I agree with, they need to get off oil and start to mend earth. And so do all nations.

Ah, but do they really HAVE a theocracy, or is it just a bunch of rich spoiled brats calling the shots under the guise of religion while the people do without and suffer. Surely there are Americans who can identify with that.

Another prince puts it this way:

Prince Khalid Bin Farhan Al-Saud:

“With pride, I announce my defection from Al Saudi family in Saudi Arabia,” he wrote in his statement.

“This regime in Saudi Arabia does not stand by God’s rules or even (country’s) established rules and its policies, decisions, and actions are totally based on personal will of its leaders.”

“All that is said in Saudi Arabia about respecting law and religion rules are factitious so that they can lie and pretend that the regime obeys Islamic rules.”

He criticized the royal family for considering the country as its own property while silencing all voices from inside and outside the government calling for any change and reforms.

Khalid Bin Farhan said the ruling family has deliberately pulled the country to the current condition where cries of oppressed people are ignored. “They don’t think about anything but their personal benefits and do not care for country’s and people’s interests or even national security,” he added.

www.globalresearch.ca...

First prince I've ever agreed with on anything.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

The endgame is to gather the entire world under the reserve system, with open trade between any two points on the globe. At least, that is what I think.

Removing oil money from the middle east would be a way to subjugate the people, creating the next stage for manufacturing of cheap goods.

I think the petrodollar is on its way to a change. Maybe not away from energy....but related differently with energy. Oil is only part of the equation. Wind, GTL, etc....its the whole package.

I also think that the petrodollar is already close to complete expiration. What that means.....i shudder to think. Water looks like a possible candidate to replace oil as a commodity.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The Saudi prince has more money then god.. He rakes in more a a day then most people will ever see in a lifetime...

Go cry some more Talal. Must be stressful to be one of the richest people in the world...

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Don't feel sorry for the Saudis...

They make billions on the energy markets by manipulating the options.

They buy 'calls' when they know their agents are placing buy orders on the futures.

They buy 'puts' when they know their agents are selling short.

They make big money both ways.

Same idea as the Rothschilds financing both sides in a war.

They also manipulate the 'supply and demand' reports.

I bet they are heavy in the Nat Gas markets.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Seeing there's over 3,000 "Saudi Princes", it's hard to say this one speaks for them all.....It raises an interesting thought.... Does OPEC, or specifically Saudi Arabia actually fund our "greens"??

The less we become "independent" of their oil, the better they like it...

Would anyone really be surprised, if it was true?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by starfoxxx

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I am perfectly fine with natural gas being a good midway point between oil and going completely green. step 1 is get off the oil, and this seems acceptable...not by any stretch a end point, it is the morphine patch when getting off the hard stuff.

And over time, with solar, bio, and other techs developing steadily, we can ween off of that also without altering our lifestyle.

I wonder, if oil became little more than engine lube..would we still consider SA an ally?

A morphine patch to get off the hard stuff?

Who's giving morphine patches to a junkie? Maybe your from a different country

Guess its methadone, not morphine.
I suppose I just outed myself as not a junky...darn, and I was trying to portray edgy for so long.
Anyhow, does the analogy make more sense now?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Why not?

Point out where it says in the ATS manual say I am suppose to like Saudi Arabia,

Point of fact don't like anyone in the ME, and the sooner we get outta there the better off this country will be.

The US oil companies and US government have huge stakes in Saudi Arabia.

Saudi oil is priced in US dollar, so it helps keep dollar up.
US oil companies get a cut in the profit of Saudi oil. So it helps US economy.

I am not sure how soon US can get out of middle-east? Probably never.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Fracking is a destructive technology.

It is a desperate measure, rather than economically sound method.

The oil produced this way is expensive, as wells dry up quickly.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Just a propaganda diversion.

The oil is running out in Saudi Arabia, and they can barely keep up their current production, while the quality of the oil continues to decline dramatically.

You can't even get reports of how much sweet light crude the Saudis produce, since 2008 when their production peaked.

Fracking is a stop gap attempt, to keep the world dependent on oil, because it concentrates wealth so easily.

The end of oil will be a good think for the people of Earth.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal said the Gulf Arab kingdom needed to reduce its reliance on crude oil and diversify its revenues

Diversify its revenues on what? Sand, or camels?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Telos

Billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal said the Gulf Arab kingdom needed to reduce its reliance on crude oil and diversify its revenues

Diversify its revenues on what? Sand, or camels?

Manufacturing. Call centers.

Glass making.....don't they have a ton of sand? What other silicone products can they manufacture?

You can diversify rather easily. But in the case of Saudi Arabia, that would mean turning down the volume on religion, and actually making the populace work.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

And getting dirty which some REALLY hate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join