It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC’s Chris Hayes Goes Oops Upside Bill O’Reilly’s ‘Super Racist’ Head Again

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack
Well, with me being black and all, allow me to weigh in on this. People seem to lump all blacks into the same socio-economic category. Wrong . Just like white people have poor, middle class (if we can still call it that) and wealthy classes, so do black people. There is no ''black community'' where we all live and plot to rob everyone else and kill each other. Those jacked up stats don't mean squat to me. People of any color that lives in a community where poverty is prevalent are bound to come into contact with crime, be it victim or perpetrator. Happens in trailer parks across America, just like the '.hood'. There are people in these forums that don't like black people simply because they're black and those stats only reinforce their bigotry and they use those stats to demonize ALL black people

Exactly. But don't let a little logic and rationality stand in the way of what we have going on in this thread.

ATS is a haven for white nationalism, racism, prejudice, and bigotry. When you have posters talking about "black boys do this', I laugh because as a black man I am educated, do not have any illegitimate children, and I am not a criminal. These people lump every black person together in an attempt to justify their hatred.

But carry, on bigots and hater mongers. I suppose if you fear me, out of your own prejudices and ignorance, good. I wouldn't want to be bothered by you anyway.
edit on 27-7-2013 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by darknull
reply to post by poloblack

The difference being poor white people dont go out and buy expensive cloths. You say dont lump everyone in the same group but what am I supposed to do when Im walking through an area that ive never been in look at the guy and go O he has expensive cloths he must be one of the upper class black people the guy on the forum was talking about. The problem in that is that in black culture for the lower class it seems to be ok to spend a ton of money on expensive cloths and jewelry even if your baby doesnt have money to eat. I also just remember go to youtube and type in hoodlife and watch some of that and tell me it doesnt make you sick.

What are you supposed to do? Well for starters, you can try to take a step, learn about being objective, and stop assuming all black people behave in that manner.

I feel sorry for you. Life must be miserable walking around day to day as a slack jawed bigot.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
We should as a nation be proud of our AA citizens who have come from a heritage where their ancestors were brought to the shores of America in chains. And after the civil war for 200 years exposed to wretched discrimination, murder, and Jim Crow segregation perhaps that goes down in history as some of the most heinous treatment of any minority.

With that, despite these tremendous obstacles we have today an AA president, and despite the problematic black urban underclass of poverty many AA in this country have made great strides and progressed in all fields of endeavor, from entertainment, politics, art, and even some inroads into the corporate structure of this capitalist country.

That said, there is still a far road to go particularly in terms of economics alone. Since everybody here is so into statistics, we might dare to look at this statistic: the average white person has over 100 thousand dollars worth of assets and the average AA, also including Latino people, have only 5 thousand dollars worth of personal wealth! The unemployment rate in the AA community is about 16 percent, and the white unemployment is 5 or 6 percent.

That is a huge disparity and is indicative that minorities are still left out of the mainstream to a great degree.

Now some may say. What are you talking about, look at the Chinese and Indians. And their progress.

Well, that’s the issue in pointing out that AA didn’t come here on their own free will. And for a long time they as a people were and to some people still a hated minority and legally discriminated against up until the early 60’s.
Also AA unlike the Chinese, Koreans and Indians never had the cohesiveness and the idea of a mother country, or language to call their own. Black people were programmed to hate themselves, and this environment found it impossible for the average black person to form a healthy racial and cultural identity that most people have.

There is no black language, for instance, no real thing called a black culture, that’s why you had AA coming up with back to Africa movements.

In the dark experience of slavery Black people were striped of their culture, religion, and any sense of identity of belonging anywhere. They lost their heritage and identity to their native land, and the culture they were forced to live in all but despised them for no fault of their own.

If anyone doesn’t think this didn’t have a collective negative charge on the inner and outer consciousness of AA then you are not in tune with modern understanding of the sociological sciences.

Some of the white people here are immigrants. You’re great or grandparents came here freely and to this day you can look back on your native country with pride and say: My ancestors come from Poland; my ancestors come from Italy; my ancestors come from Greece, etc...

What can descendants of African slaves say? They have no idea where their from, they have no native culture to lean on. And the only one they do has hated and oppressed them and ostracized them as if they were to blame for their enslavement. Granted this is abstract, since to the eyes of many it seems a distant connection to the year 1865 when the civil war ended. But ask yourself this. How do you know how that experience is if you have not experienced a life where you have no connection to your ancestry?

Black people in America don’t know where the hell they are from, and when your country never really embraced you, and when it did only as a third or second class citizen (at least up until the early 60’s) how are you to easily embrace this country.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander

Originally posted by poloblack
Well, with me being black and all, allow me to weigh in on this. People seem to lump all blacks into the same socio-economic category. Wrong . Just like white people have poor, middle class (if we can still call it that) and wealthy classes, so do black people. There is no ''black community'' where we all live and plot to rob everyone else and kill each other. Those jacked up stats don't mean squat to me. People of any color that lives in a community where poverty is prevalent are bound to come into contact with crime, be it victim or perpetrator. Happens in trailer parks across America, just like the '.hood'. There are people in these forums that don't like black people simply because they're black and those stats only reinforce their bigotry and they use those stats to demonize ALL black people

Exactly. But don't let a little logic and rationality stand in the way of what we have going on in this thread.

ATS is a haven for white nationalism, racism, prejudice, and bigotry. When you have posters talking about "black boys do this', I laugh because as a black man I am educated, do not have any illegitimate children, and I am not a criminal. These people lump every black person together in an attempt to justify their hatred.

But carry, on bigots and hater mongers. I suppose if you fear me, out of your own prejudices and ignorance, good. I wouldn't want to be bothered by you anyway.
edit on 27-7-2013 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

reply to post by supremecommander

Did anyone say that there are not different classes of the black race? Just like there are different classes of the white race? I was under the impression that this discussion is about the lower class African Americans. The only place I can see hate and bigotry spewing from, is your mouth. And if I was your mother, I would wash it out with soap. Shame on you!

If you are so concerned about the poor black, then do something vs. spewing hatred here. Wait, a minute, I have an idea, how about talking about the issue with those that care to give this the time of day, so we can come up with a solution.
edit on 27-7-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Case in point Faust100f and his post.

Apparently all black who dress like today's youth style are gangsta's and are all up to no good.

I have seen black kids and whites kids who dress like that and are perfectly decent people, it's just a style. Not every kid who dresses like that are not violent or criminals and it is a stereotype that it perpetuated by cright wingers...who seem to be always scared of someone dark.

Martin was stereotyped and was killed for it. Zimmerman knew nothing of his past or his supposed drug use. So Martin's past had no play in the situation if it did, it would have been premeditated murder.
The right wingers love to call him every name in the book and dredge up his past and never mention Zimmerman's past.

They always mention he was a neighborhood watch captain but George Zimmerman not a member of recognized neighborhood watch organization.

Zimmerman violated the central tenets of Neighborhood Watch by following Martin, confronting him and carrying a concealed weapon.

Zimmerman murdered a teen for wearing a hoodie and being a young black kid out at night and it is these stereotypes that are perpetuated by the right that are to blame. Anyone who believes otherwise is full of it, they know damn well that if it was a young white male in a hoodie out at night, that kid would have made it home.
edit on 27-7-2013 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Puh-lease you are full of it. You know damn well that there are posts on here blaming the entire black race as a whole and not just the poor ones.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onslaught2996

Case in point Faust100f and his post.

Apparently all black who dress like today's youth style are gangsta's and are all up to no good.

I have seen black kids and whites kids who dress like that and are perfectly decent people, it's just a style. Not every kid who dresses like that are not violent or criminals and it is a stereotype that it perpetuated by cright wingers...who seem to be always scared of someone dark.

Martin was stereotyped and was killed for it. Zimmerman knew nothing of his past or his supposed drug use. So Martin's past had no play in the situation if it did, it would have been premeditated murder.
The right wingers love to call him every name in the book and dredge up his past and never mention Zimmerman's past.

They always mention he was a neighborhood watch captain but George Zimmerman not a member of recognized neighborhood watch organization.

Zimmerman violated the central tenets of Neighborhood Watch by following Martin, confronting him and carrying a concealed weapon.

Zimmerman murdered a teen for wearing a hoodie and being a young black kid and it is these stereotypes that are perpetuated by the right that are to blame.

Baggy pants may just be a style to you, but in the hood they are significant, and represent a gangsta lifestyle, even if one does not live it. It and anything else that emulates a gangsta lifestyle needs to go. Quite frankly, all African American mothers should permanantly ban this look. Just like many schools already do by requiring uniforms. How you dress does affect your success. It is the plain and simple truth. You want solutions to the violence and I am offering an outside opinion. This is a start in the right direction. Take the advice, or hate me, pick one. It won't affect me any if you don't choose wisely. I am just a parent that knows how to do things right. We are the ones everyone should be listening to.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

reply to post by elouina

Puh-lease you are full of it. You know damn well that there are posts on here blaming the entire black race as a whole and not just the poor ones.

Look and listen... Drop the hate, drop the attitude,and drop the anger. Next step, work together to make things better for the poor black. Look forward, not backwards. Focus....

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Next lesson... This applies to ALL PARENTS... PTA, YWCA, sports, dance lessons, hobbies etc... Be inolved with your childs life. Help your child with homework which has to be completed before they go out and play. Which brings up reasonable curfews. Children will take advantage of whatever inch you give them. Take your child out for some special bonding time. Better yet bring a small group of your childs friends along. Go roller skating, to the pool, or hiking in the park etc...

If your child doesn't learn something from school, then teach them. If you don't know how yourself, then most schools will offer peer to peer tutoring, And this brings up another good question, why is the child performing badly? Talk to the teacher and find out. Maybe even talk to other parents to see if there is a pattern. This is where the PTA comes in handy. If it is the schools fault, this is where being involved with the PTA pays off. If you still dont get satisfaction, then organize and march. This is where anger should be directed. If half of the energy that went into that Zimmerman crap went into protesting for better quality education, your kids would actually be learning something.

My daughter was a middle school art teacher in one of the roughest school districts in the country. She told them to put their artwork away, and get out their books and taught them how to read. It is disgusting that she even encountered middle school kids that couldnt read. If she could teach them, how come no one else did? If nothing else makes you angry, this should! Grrr.....

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

I dont know about the other poster but my family has come from that very same situation and we have pulled ourselves up out of the dirt by working together. My brothers and I got our GEDs and started a business recently shipping stuff. Any one can do it all you have to do is get a business license for a little over one hundred dollars and start looking for runs.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

No lifes just fine and im not a bigot I have no problem with black people in general. I didnt mean all black people in my post I meant the lower class. Same with whites but for the most part we dont form gangs and kill our own. Being objective wouldnt be an issue if I hadnt live in poor black areas and seen how it is. I was knocked out with a board and my wallet stolen in the alley behind my own house. I was almost shot a couple times just for being white and living were I did. When I moved back to Georgia its a completely different environment so please dont try to twist my words. I could bring up the fact I have black family that I love dearly but I guess some people would take it like a person saying "I have black friends I cant be racist".

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Zimmerman murdered a teen for wearing a hoodie and being a young black kid out at night and it is these stereotypes that are perpetuated by the right that are to blame.

no. George Zimmerman killed Trayvon Martin in self defense when he was assauted.
the hoodie had nothing to do with it.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
As long as you keep blaming others for your problems, they will persist. Take your anger and direct it where it belongs.... At parents and/or teachers that don't care to impact a childs life positively. Get those bad teachrs fired!

Take your energy that you are wasting to gripe, and put it to good use! Clean up neighborhoods, and organize to keep them safe. Contact counselors and ask them to do volunteer, effective parenting classes. Also get the community to participate in activities with each other.

Etc... The list goes on...

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

Add in the fact he was walking slow in the rain in peoples yards looking at there houses and it goes from being suspicious of his clothes to suspicion of his actions.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Add in the fact he was walking slow in the rain in peoples yards looking at there houses and it goes from being suspicious of his clothes to suspicion of his actions.

Does any of this matter anymore? People need to move on and concentrate on making their own lives better.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

Does any of this matter anymore? People need to move on and concentrate on making their own lives better.

Most of us tried that the morning after the verdict came out.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join