It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC’s Chris Hayes Goes Oops Upside Bill O’Reilly’s ‘Super Racist’ Head Again

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

The difference being poor white people dont go out and buy expensive cloths. You say dont lump everyone in the same group but what am I supposed to do when Im walking through an area that ive never been in look at the guy and go O he has expensive cloths he must be one of the upper class black people the guy on the forum was talking about. The problem in that is that in black culture for the lower class it seems to be ok to spend a ton of money on expensive cloths and jewelry even if your baby doesnt have money to eat. I also just remember go to youtube and type in hoodlife and watch some of that and tell me it doesnt make you sick.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

These two lines in your link seem important.
The totals provided in this table reflect only those persons arrested by law enforcement agencies that provided race information to the UCR Program; therefore, the totals may not match those shown in other arrest tables for the Nation.
These data represent the number of persons arrested; however, some persons may be arrested more than once during a year. Therefore, the statistics in this table could, in some cases, represent multiple arrests of the same person.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by darknull
reply to post by poloblack

The difference being poor white people dont go out and buy expensive cloths. You say dont lump everyone in the same group but what am I supposed to do when Im walking through an area that ive never been in look at the guy and go O he has expensive cloths he must be one of the upper class black people the guy on the forum was talking about. The problem in that is that in black culture for the lower class it seems to be ok to spend a ton of money on expensive cloths and jewelry even if your baby doesnt have money to eat. I also just remember go to youtube and type in hoodlife and watch some of that and tell me it doesnt make you sick.

Poor white people go out and buy expensive drugs instead of feeding their babies. Look up drug abuse in the Appalachians and Ozarks. What's your point?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Google black poverty...

I found interesting comments made about an article written in the washington post The way out of the black poverty cycle from May....Source

Apparently since the decline in manufacturing jobs...and the raise in the drug trade...it's been really hard for people in poverty to get their crap ola together...

TPTB are having a field day...pitting us against each other through politics, race baiting, lose of jobs, etc.

Those that can need to show they care by becoming more involved in their community. If you want people to change show them how...Set an example. Theirs not enough of this going on.

link   

Originally posted by Onslaught2996
Oh yeah you right wingers don't like MSNBC...too much facts brought up..you prefer FOX...the mouth of right.

Riiiight .. just because a person can see through the bunk at MSNBC .. that makes them a FOX watching far right winger, eh? :shk: Your deflection attempt = epic fail. MSNBC is just the Obama shill network. And your Chris Hayes gave no facts that could even remotely counter the facts given by O'Reilly's statement.

Like I said ... I don't watch O'Reilly and I don't like him (he's mouthy), but he got this one right.
edit on 7/27/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

link   
O’Reilly, despite often being a distorter, makes legitimate points but when he equates the incidents of racial crimes against black people with ordinary crime in the ghetto such as in Chicago, he is conflating two different problems. Just because men like Sharpton and Jackson don’t emphasize fighting both problems equally doesn’t mean that civil rights issues aren’t important and that they don’t care about BOB crime.

Sharpton and Jackson can’t easily eliminate BOB crime any more than the police can.
Sure they can go around preaching to the community about the issue and advocate education and refraining from pre-marital sex and other related issues, in-fact something they have both been doing for years, but this issue is an intractable one and more complex than O’Reilly suggests.

There are complex social and psychological issues that are at the etiology of BOB crime that need to be addressed on varying levels, from education, law enforcement and cultural issues, such as rap music and drugs, and the decreasing ethical values within the country in general. In-fact BOB crime is an American cultural issue, since it exists within the milieu of the American culture; it isn’t merely a black problem as people suggest.
Is white on white crime only a white problem?

No, it is a problem of the American culture of violence and crime that is prevalent within the historical and social context of this country.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Your Dr. Boyce is a race baiting idiot. And your own statistics prove Bill O'Reilly was correct.
Another epic failure on your part. Try again. (or better yet .. get educated first)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
We all seem to be overlooking a very simple but important fact. BillO is a bloviating, narcissistic, idiot with a ring-wing bent.

You seem to be overlooking a very simple but important fact. Bill O'Reilly may be loud and narcissistic ... but he was 100% correct in his statements about 'racial conversation'.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It seems to me that people are actually trying so very hard to paint all black people as poor, violent, drug addicts who have numerous babies out of wedlock and are too stupid to finish school. It's as if you believe all of this is BECAUSE they are black.

The civil rights movement occurred only sixty years ago. This contributed to the initial source of the horredous income disparity between whites and blacks. Before that, black people didn't even have chance to accumulate wealth; whereas the white population has had the opportunity to do so for hundreds of years! There are still people alive today who experienced the deplorable nature of systemic racism in this country, and the cycle of poverty takes AT LEAST three generations to break. It has only been two generations since the civil rights movement.

Education is a major factor to breaking the cycle and the education system in the poverty-stricken areas where the population is predominantly black is equally deplorable. Yet people expect a child born into poverty, provided an extremely poor education while living in a neighborhood where they either have to join a gang or live in fear for their life everyday is just supposed to walk out of the neighborhood and go to law school or something. Then you have to consider the incarceration rate of black males in these communities which further perpetuates the cycle of poverty.

Almost every complaint that people have about the black community has its roots in poverty: unplanned/out of wedlock pregnancies, drug addictions, crime, fatherless households, poor education, low graduation rates.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think that some of you are trying to say that these problems come about BECAUSE they are black. I sure hope not, because that would be the epitome of racism.
edit on 27-7-2013 by nunya13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
We all seem to be overlooking a very simple but important fact. BillO is a bloviating, narcissistic, idiot with a ring-wing bent.

You seem to be overlooking a very simple but important fact. Bill O'Reilly may be loud and narcissistic ... but he was 100% correct in his statements about 'racial conversation'.

And he is an Independent. The left winners attack him and call him a right-winger, and then the right-wing attacks him and calls him a left-winger. Its quite funny actually.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willtell
There are complex social and psychological issues that are at the etiology of BOB crime that need to be addressed on varying levels, from education, law enforcement and cultural issues, such as rap music and drugs, and the decreasing ethical values within the country in general. In-fact BOB crime is an American cultural issue, since it exists within the milieu of the American culture; it isn’t merely a black problem as people suggest.
Is white on white crime only a white problem?

You hit the nail on the head here. The problem seems to be that people would rather use these statistics to back up their preconceived notions about the disparity between whites and blacks while ignoring or being ignorant of the real problem...poverty.

The problem is much simpler than most believe...it's education. The problem becomes bigger when one realizes that we have a systemic problem with education in this country, especially in poverty-stricken areas in which the population is predominantly black.

In this country, a child with a poor education doesn't stand a chance.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I think the fact that so many have defended O'Reilly's remarks and claimed that they're "not racist" goes to show just how biased (not to mention in the dark and completely blind) a lot of the people around here are. No, they were not overtly racist, in the way a Klan rally is. But there was a subtle racism-by-implication lurking below the surface.

And I agree (as would anyone intelligent, who can see what's what) that many of the problems discussed in this thread are rooted in poverty far more than they are in race.

The Appalachias-and-Ozarks-as-a-war-zone comment was almost like a big racist cherry on top. The sad fact is that some of those areas are prone to some of the same stuff you find in colored ghettos. It's just that fortunately (for the white folks in those areas) gangs are not as prevalent, and the culture is a bit different. That is a huge factor.

And speaking of that "ethnic" culture. The one that glorifies money and cars, and material possessions, and loose women, and drug dealing, and gang banging, etc. Remind me again, who it is that owns the companies that spend millions and billions to constantly pump out that culture for mass consumption (and mass influence)? Who is it that controls that stuff? Is it the black man who decides which 20 new ultra-ignorant rappers get a record deal this year? Get featured on MTV? Get on magazine covers? Show by example that YOU TOO can be this wealthy and happy, if only you act like a violent thug, and sell drugs maybe long enough to pay for some time in a recording studio...

Remind me, again, who really owns the keys to this system?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The problem with education is simply put you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it....

I believe that not only do you need to improve education...but you need to show them what they can do with it...by getting involved and volunteering your time to show them that you care what they will do with that education and why you care...not just to profit from them but that helping others will improve their lives as well it will improve other lives as well...which makes everyone feel better about living and makes living worth wild...

People on drugs don't care about living...people committing crimes don't care about living because if they did they'd make damn sure they didn't end up in prison.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

My partially blind mother was a poor single parent after my father left, and we had no money. Yes we went onto welfare for a bit. During this time, My mother took advantage of government programs, got her GED, went to college, then got a job. She refused to take the high paying federal job that they hand out to the disabled. Also, I babysat 40 hours after school every day, and my mom refused to take my money. So instead I bought all my own clothes, brought home grocery treats all the time, and also bought household items, such as rakes, curtains, etc..

Later, after I got married, I went to college. So I also moved up the class ladder even further than my mother took me. (Although she offered me college, and pushed the idea, but I just wasn't ready yet. My sister went to college straight out of high school with much free help from the government. ) So how long did all of this take for both my mother and myself? 10 years, since I was 13 when my father left, and had to be an adult to move up even further.

Now what were you saying about 60 years?

edit on 27-7-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Be the Change...It's just a ride....

EducateInspireChange.org

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

I think the fact that so many have defended O'Reilly's remarks and claimed that they're "not racist" goes to show just how biased (not to mention in the dark and completely blind) a lot of the people around here are. No, they were not overtly racist, in the way a Klan rally is. But there was a subtle racism-by-implication lurking below the surface.

Nonsense. Bill never stated or implied black people were inferior by genetics or that whites were superior.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

As long as people call others with those observations racists there will be a problem. Short and simple. The aflicted is always the last to know that they have a problem. Myself? I would truely like to help. But my help would be advice wasted. Do you think for one second I would allow a child of mine to be anything less than an attempt at perfection? When I say attempt, that's because no one really is perfect. But us parents certainly try our hardest... This is what makes the difference between suceeding and failing.

Oh and one more thing... In my household, I do not allow attitude, sloppy clothing, walking like a hood, swearing etc... And if I would catch word of it even happening outside the home, there would be heck to pay.

While on a roll... There would never be a gang in my neighborhood. Nor was there any in my daughters school. Rest assured .... Us parents would have been on a mission if there was.

And.... Never once was my child hit by me. You can be effective without being a miserable bitc$.

So I guess it all comes down to parenting, doesn't it? Because if there was order in the home, the education would follow suit.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
reply to post by nunya13

My partially blind mother was a poor single parent after my father left, and we had no money. Yes we went onto welfare for a bit. During this time, My mother took advantage of government programs, got her GED, went to college, then got a job. She refused to take the high paying federal job that they hand out to the disabled. Also, I babysat 40 hours after school every day, and my mom refused to take my money. So instead I bought all my own clothes, brought home grocery treats all the time, and also bought household items, such as rakes, curtains, etc..

Later, after I got married, I went to college. So I also moved up the class ladder even further than my mother took me. (Although she offered me college, and pushed the idea, but I just wasn't ready yet. My sister went to college straight out of high school with much free help from the government. ) So how long did all of this take for both my mother and myself? 10 years, since I was 13 when my father left, and had to be an adult to move up even further.

Now what were you saying about 60 years?

Just curious -- did your father go to college? How about other members of your family, i.e., aunts/uncles/grandparents/cousins? Did your mother and father come from poor, uneducated families? By poor, I mean the poverty level, not just blue collar.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
O'Reiily said what needed to be said. Dress like a gangsta, talk like a gangsta, and you have zeroed out any opportunity to advance in our society and our culture. This needed to be said, and Bill did what he had to do. Too bad gangsta's and the blacks that support their lifestyle are going to continue to be losers in this country.

Having an ancestor who was a slave is a joke, the problems these gangsta's are creating are their own, and most of them will end up in prison, and will do nothing but prey upon their own people and when the opportunity presents itself on whites.

But, in my neighborhood if they want to kick down a door they are going to get their ass shot off, or if they are near a farm, they will end up disappeared in an abandoned well.

It is clear to me Holder and Zero are the racists in this matter, and is encouraging "hoodies" like Martin. As far as I am concerned, he got what he deserved, if he had not been killed by Zimmerman, he would have been killed by another gangsta, in his neighborhood.

He was not headed for a scholarship anywhere, if you look at the facts not introduced into the trial, he was already a gangsta and engaged in a life of crime. To bad O'Rielly did not get into this characters illustrious background and his police record. John

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

My mothers parents never went to college. My father, an only child, and his parents never went to college either. My dads parents, came from a war area where they lost everything. My moms parents family were irish immigrants.

But to be honest, my family has all sorts of happy endings. My whole entire family ( Aunts, uncles, cousins etc...) were far from wealthy, but we all seemed to have move up the class ladder quite remarkably. Some you would even call rich snobs now.
) My mom even had a brother that was a multi millionaire and he never went to college. He just had a yearning to make a buck every chance he got.
If you want to spend the time and effort, there is plenty of money to be made.

Oh and one more thing, I refused to take advantage of any government programs for my daughters education. To be honest, most folks find a way. I paid cash for 4 years including room and board.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join