It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looney toons your American mind. Ready for deconstruction, grandpa style? My net-centric warfare.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
What if I told you that there it s truth out there that was once hard fought for and well deserved? What if the secret to American exceptionalism wasnt a word war in our favor. What if I told you that from our recent birth there was a creation of a movement to erase a past glistening with defiance, honor, and Truth?

What if now is no different or special to other times? What if we have been warned by everything our people once said as one voice and one spirit? Would you listen with honest hearts not out to make jaded and twisted what was once the word of honorable men? WHat if once there was a generation of our people that did not seek personal gain over the good of all. What if once there were men and women willing to literally die for our beliefs and way of life. Literally willing to risk it all so as to keep what we are in our core? WOuld you listen to their minds? WOuld you really hear them or do you consider yourself that much smarter, better for being privy to some special something or another they lacked?

What did they lack? The had their word, their honor and their choice in the face of harsh consequences. WHat do they lack next to you? What makes your "ideas" that much more superior and better so as to throw everything we are out the window? Were our peoples ancestors, your ancestors, and all that came before us so confused when they said what they said. "Beware, be faithful, be ever vigilant."

BE your people, dont change your people. If you love us, then accept us and your place by our side.

If you love someone you do not fall in love with what you think they can be. You fall in love with who they are, not who you think you can change them into.

If you are a US citizen, remember the people who made all that we are potentially, possible at all. Remember who made this banquet possible. Remember that all our noble ideals were made from honorable and LOYAL men and women working for their extended family....their country. NOT the neighbor feigning friendship out of convenience or necessity. Not some unrealistic ideal of a global family of cains and abels.....one blood by common bond.

We are who we are. Accept us and love us for it. Love yourself and accept your self. There is no shame in who we are, so long as we dont change who we are so as to grow more shallow and false. More "less true".

WATCH THIS VIDEO for a glimpse of who we once were, (when we were truly loved).

www.youtube.com...

edit on 27-7-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I have to disagree, i find a huge amount of shame that
people in this very country starve to death when we have
the means to feed them, we throw away more than they
would consume. We should have no pride in the fact that
we worship paper above human lives, whether that paper
be a bible or money.

One day we might be able to honestly feel proud of this
country, but i do not think we are there yet.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
What if I could fly?

What if I could bust a move?

What if I could be slim?

What if I could be as smart ad Einstein?

What if I could be as popular as @buckshort on Instagram?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Back when the video was made the things mentioned that made us a great country have been....you decide?
Thought I would post the vid for you...some are to lazy to click..S&F

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

I think maybe you're taking the OP intention wrong. Certainly - as a society, we're only getting worse. I say "we" because I'm a part of society - but I personally am not getting worse. I strive to be better each day. I teach my children to be better than I am.

When I do something I'm not particularly proud of, I say to myself "you're better than that" and I try to fix it if I can - or I take that feeling with me as a learning experience - something I want to do differently in the future. At some point, we'll hit rock bottom (as a society) and will have no other option than to be better. Of course, we could avoid rock bottom and be better now - but is that possible?

As a society, we waste food.
I donate food at my local community center.

As a society, we ignore people who need help.
I recently drove 15 miles each way to buy 5 gallons of gas for a stranded family (on my dime).

Why do I do these things? Because they're the right thing to do. Because I want my children to see me doing the right thing, and I want them to be proud of me and by extension - themselves. Because I hope that if I'm in those situations - someone like me will come along.

As individuals, we can't "fix" society - we can only fix ourselves and teach our children.

What do you do? What kinds of lessons do you teach? What example do you set? How could you be better?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
that cartoon is just that.... the rosiest colored glasses of history I have EVER seen.

REALITY vs PERCEPTION

choose ONE.

People STARVED and still STARVE.. while some _(4th letter) BAG has a dozen mansions, a hundred million dollar YACHT, etc.

during the dark ages life was pretty good, for a KING

not so much so the peasant.

so harking back to yesteryear needs to be carried out sans rosy glasses

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

when have people not starved? when was there not war or disease? what exactly are you comparing your childish notion of reality to? what it should be? that is entirely up to you but I wouldn't recommend being jaded and judgemental about your people as though we have slighted the world by not making perfect.

that is just immature.

and......your glasses are smeared with something that impedes you seeing reality instead of just the inside of your own head.....

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by stutteringp0et

you got it. its about personal responsibility and resolve for better. Self sacrifice for prosperity.

Instead of coping out saying that is is too unfair to play since you don't automatically win, you try hard and do by your own hands and will to do so. personal power and the empowering of people by their quality ....by their character.

those values are not dead.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

thanks for the post.

What made us great economically and great in our ethos are two different things, but one made the other possible and without it the other is not capable of sustaining itself.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

you can not deny that there are good things about anything enough to not consider it weighed down by lack of virtue by what ever scale you measure it by.

The US will never be perfect. No one and nothing will

will that stop you from loving? Will you never love your people or any peoples if they are less then perfect.

who has your heart now? Are they or what they stand for perfect?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bloodreviara
I have to disagree, i find a huge amount of shame that
people in this very country starve to death when we have
the means to feed them, we throw away more than they
would consume. We should have no pride in the fact that
we worship paper above human lives, whether that paper
be a bible or money.

One day we might be able to honestly feel proud of this
country, but i do not think we are there yet.

No one starves to death in this country. And your about as accurate with the rest of it.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman
reply to post by stutteringp0et

you got it. its about personal responsibility and resolve for better. Self sacrifice for prosperity.

Instead of coping out saying that is is too unfair to play since you don't automatically win, you try hard and do by your own hands and will to do so. personal power and the empowering of people by their quality ....by their character.

those values are not dead.

Wow tad I know some folks that have strong work ethic and a mind to go with it. Don't have much character though, are selfish, high minded all that stuff. So it really just doesn't automatically follow.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

when have people not starved? when was there not war or disease? what exactly are you comparing your childish notion of reality to? what it should be? that is entirely up to you but I wouldn't recommend being jaded and judgemental about your people as though we have slighted the world by not making perfect.

that is just immature.

and......your glasses are smeared with something that impedes you seeing reality instead of just the inside of your own head.....

Yea, my glasses must be fouled up because every time I check its made in China. And so is just about everything.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

we all pick and choose what we wish to embody.

I have known scumbag old timers and angel warrior elders. I consider myself to have a strong unbalanced work ethic and a high capacity for empathy as well as a strong sense of a moral code I follow.

all these things I learned from a traditional family that was diverse perhaps in political ideology as well as backgrounds but the constant was independent of all that.

that constant was "be better no matter what". we. were taught to strive, to die fighting, to choose wisely, to care for the helpless, stand for others that can not stand for themselves. ect.

in all that ......everything of our culture reinforced all we were taught. These ideas are not new nor are they incompatible with American ideology ...in fact they ARE American ideals already.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

I don't see what that has to do with anything.

I speak of ethos, not our coin or productivity ..........

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

What if I told you that there it s truth out there that was once hard fought for and well deserved? What if the secret to American exceptionalism wasnt a word war in our favor. What if I told you that from our recent birth there was a creation of a movement to erase a past glistening with defiance, honor, and Truth?

I can't really get an accurate view of your point in this post and would advise editing. I find reading things outloud before posting is very helpful - don't always do it for short posts but often for long posts or OPs.

Let's just look at the first parapgraph.

"What if I told you that there it s truth out there that was once hard fought for and well deserved?"

Go start, got my attention, typos but nothing serious just sloppy (as I am). Question though - truth? Capitlal T Truth that is a universal law of physical and/or spiritual existence or little T truth which is personal or tribal and shifts with time?

Now we have:

"What if the secret to American exceptionalism wasnt a word war in our favor?" Okay but you are losing me here for two points - first you assume I understand what "American Exceptionalism" is and once existed IN REALITY. That seems to be your point that this trait was TRUE Capital T and that lanaguage is simply nationalistic progranda and hence, as you say, meerly a word war.

And then the nail goes it to the coffin:

"What if I told you that from our recent birth there was a creation of a movement to erase a past glistening with defiance, honor, and Truth?"

Our? who are you including in Our. Recent Birth, the birth of 'Our'? or ?? "creation of a movement" oh- is that the recent birth? - No. Maybe you mean - well I just don't know. Then I see "creation of a movement to erase a past" okay but what does that have to do with 'Our recent birth'. then - the recent past....defiance, honor and Truth capital T. Defiance is often in opposition to honor and Truth Capital T. Defiance of OTHERS can be a matter of honor perhpas. But Defiance in the fact of Truth is delusion. Defiance in the face of truth - requires discretion (wisdom).

I didn't get too much further. I wanted too ... Was this an introduction to the attached video? Were you rephasing in your own words. Or???

Can you see my confusion? I like to read about other people's truths and discuss the univeral TRUTHs and the boundaries between the two. But the communication needs to be clear because I can't ask questions to clarify my understanding. When I write I try to anticipate.

ATS is a wonderful forum for ideas, and writing, and logical argument and learning in many domains.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

well if your grammatical understanding of the english language is as spot on as you imply then you shoukd not have any problems in understanding my post. I think you are savy enough to extrapolate the meaning beyond the confusion I know you are feigning.

It would be nice if I had spent several more minutes proof reading but the situation did not allow what was a luxury of planning I could not afford at the moment I wrote this.

So you take issue with the format and grammatical errors which make the content unreachable and unintelligible.
ok.

Others with less developed language skills were able to..........maybe you are over qualified for this conversation.

I mean no disrespect when I say this mind you.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
double.

I will say this though.....not everything is for everyone. sometomes we set ourselves apart without even knowing that we choose to stand aside.....or rather we just "know" we are not in agreement somehow so we choose to be as un conducive as possible to true understanding because an idea is an unkown to us and so we fear it.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

that is just immature.

I guess you have glossed over the nasty history of this great period depicted..

Americans are brainwashed MORE than the NAZI YOUTH dude!

during the depression -- when people were starving.

the govt instituted methods to DESTROY FOOD!!! for PROFTIS!!!

I hate that America..

AND WOULD love to destroy that america

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

that is your blind spot. Your hatred condemns you to never see clearly. I may choose to see the virtue of my people but your hatred makes you incapable of seeing your fellow man if he be of a certain creed, disposition or or in this case, nationality.

I feel sorry for people like you. I don't think you really know what you love anymore.

There is NO Truth to the standard you compare us to. It does not and will not ever exist anywhere because it is nothing short of "perfect......to you"

you are not an island sir.

EDIT TO ADD:
The mental gymnastics you must undergo to juxtapose the US to some fabricated and unrealistic ideal you purposefully place juat ahead of even the best of us is absurd to me.

Your people are no different and I knkw this fully since you must be a mortal man of our time, and as such a product of your people and mentors. (all of which are not an exceptio. to the human condition) .....so what you see is you.

The world you see is but a mirror .....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join