It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uncle Sam is Breaking Bad

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Prison towns worry me whereby the main employer in some US towns is the local prison, makes me wonder who are the real prisoners in that scenario.

Prisons, corrections facilities builders, social workers, wardens, handcuff and uniform providers, caterers, psychologists and even lawyers the list goes on and on of the people who directly or indirectly benefit from the war on drugs and the present situation.

And I am not even including the goods they have inmates manufacture to give them a "job" inside, the whole system seems to big to pull the rug on. But attitudes and opinions are changing slowly IMHO.

Check out the "grey wolves" on the city council in Chicago whom started digging tunnels from the docks to hotels and bars to become later on"Speakeasy"type places, they used public money to do the "works" in the years leading up to prohibition.
And at the same time funded and supported the Ladies Church & Temperance movements (using good people against themselves).

These guys made a killing from prohibition of alcohol and it seems the modern day equivalents are also.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I met a young woman a while back who had been pulled over while driving and she consented to a search. While searching her purse they found 3 oxycontin loose in her purse. Her version ( I admittedly do not know the states version) was that she had a prescription for them but did not have the bottle with her, she thinks they must have fallen into her purse from the bottle at some point without her realizing it. She said she was arrested for 3 counts of possession of a controlled substance and that she could not afford an attorney so she got a public defender. She claims to have had proof that she had a prescription for the medicine but her attorney and the state prosecutor seemed not to think this was important.

She was sentenced to 10 years in prison, and spent most of it there because she would not "admit" to being a drug addict or having a drug problem, therefore, no parole. She is a nice girl and doesn't do drugs, she is an upstanding person, intelligent in every way.... not like any addict I have ever heard of. But her life was ruined over having a few loose pills in her purse.

To me, whether or not she had a prescription would not make any difference, it just doesn't seem to fit the punishment.... who does that much time for having 3 pills? This is a manslaughter sentence not a 3 pill sentence in my mind!

I do not agree with illicit drug use, and have no understanding of people who use drugs in order to get "high" but at the same time I don't think that most are as criminal as one who would commit murder. I just saw the mandatory minimum for possession of a controlled substance in Rhode Island that that said 10 years with LIFETIME probation.... that seems more than just a little extreme for a user! These are not dealers....

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I have a problem with the drug laws. Just about every one of them.

Without breaking the t&c's I would like to state that I just experienced "Breaking Bad". Litterally....

My brother just got sentenced just a little over a decade of prison time for manufacturing methamphetamine. Now I know that this is serious and something needs to be done to curb this problem, but my beef comes when someone can commit murder and be sentenced to less time....I have a friend that is gettiing out after 4 years. He left the guy to die on the side of the road for crying out loud. They even stated that my brothers was for personal use and not distribution.

Instead of helping people and seriously educating the one's who look to drugs for the answers, our society is ok with locking everyone up.....once you cross the thresh hold into addiction, it is a whole different ballgame. Prison is not the cure. Prison does not help in most instances.

It just doesn't make any sense...Whatsoever

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
I met a young woman a while back who had been pulled over while driving and she consented to a search. While searching her purse they found 3 oxycontin loose in her purse. Her version ( I admittedly do not know the states version) was that she had a prescription for them but did not have the bottle with her, she thinks they must have fallen into her purse from the bottle at some point without her realizing it. She said she was arrested for 3 counts of possession of a controlled substance and that she could not afford an attorney so she got a public defender. She claims to have had proof that she had a prescription for the medicine but her attorney and the state prosecutor seemed not to think this was important.

She was sentenced to 10 years in prison, and spent most of it there because she would not "admit" to being a drug addict or having a drug problem, therefore, no parole. She is a nice girl and doesn't do drugs, she is an upstanding person, intelligent in every way.... not like any addict I have ever heard of. But her life was ruined over having a few loose pills in her purse.

To me, whether or not she had a prescription would not make any difference, it just doesn't seem to fit the punishment.... who does that much time for having 3 pills? This is a manslaughter sentence not a 3 pill sentence in my mind!

I do not agree with illicit drug use, and have no understanding of people who use drugs in order to get "high" but at the same time I don't think that most are as criminal as one who would commit murder. I just saw the mandatory minimum for possession of a controlled substance in Rhode Island that that said 10 years with LIFETIME probation.... that seems more than just a little extreme for a user! These are not dealers....

FOR PROFIT prison system!!..COURT employees profit off having "more to do", who wouldn't create "more to do" of they KNEW it meant:
a. more money for nicer office environment
b. more money in budget means higher chance of raise
c. more grief too others = YOUR family has a better life

THIS IS WHY NONE with a BADGE have integrity or HONOR by PERPETUATING and PROFITNG off of a corrupt system..
ACTUALLY PROFITING off of OTHERS MISERY... that's about the lowest of scum, imho!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The war on drugs was manufactured, and there is enough mountains of evidence to prove it.

The US government has been caught, red handed, running drugs and guns to poor areas, world wide, since the 1940's.

Sometime last year, HSBC executives were caught laundering drug money coming into the US from large criminal organizations. These guys are of such value and brilliance to the US economic structure that it would be ludicrous to throw there asses in jail forever. So the banks pay Uncle Sam a few million, and the ball keep rolling.

To those who say, "just say no". Poverty creates a psychological denuding of certain mental faculties in this country. So if your hood is poor, and drugs are floating around, they might be smoke/injected/shot/sniffed. Misery, it changes things in a person, and in a people. the whole community and individual dynamic is compromised.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I agree.
the 'war' on drugs is nothing but a front for king pins to keep the little guy from making large waves.
Ingest that which you prefer - drugs should be legal - it is no ones right to dictate what is good for another.
suggested reading:
'the Committee of 300' - J.D.Coleman - on youtube as well - the Royals,elites, have controlled the drug routes for hundreds of years - keeps them vacationing in Dubai.
'Barry and the Boys' - D.Hopsicker (mines autographed) - po' Barry thought he was cool - tried to tell the cia chief do it or I go public - wound up in a trunk.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join