It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Holt Introduces ‘Surveillance State Repeal Act’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I like it except for this bit

-Increase the terms of judges on the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC) from seven to ten years and allow their reappointment.

I don't understand this at all - whats the reason behind it?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for this to go through. Sounds like a real step in the right direction.

I don't understand that one either. Longevity of holding a position in a state of power tends to have an increasing hazard of creating both group think and confidence bias. Basically, the longer someone is in a position, the more assured they will be in their decision making with, at times, very negative affect. Baffling unless it's on the premise that it would allow judges more time to gain technical knowledge from the "special masters" so that they don't get thrown off by technical jargon. That's the only thing I can see behind it but really, kind of risky.

Just because I really like original sources. Docs check out in the OP: holt.house.gov...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
no way in hell this goes through. Try to repeal the patriot act is an automatic throw in the trash bill. The powers that b have the patriot act intact which over rides the constitution itself. You will have to pull that from there dead hands in order for that to be repealed.

If things don't change, that may very well be attempted within 10 years.

<< 1   >>

join