It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NSA's New Spy Facilities are 7 Times Bigger Than the Pentagon

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

He works at one of the three-letter intelligence agencies and oversees construction of a $1.2 billion surveillance data center in Utah that is 15 times the size of MetLife Stadium, home to the New York Giants and Jets. Long Island native Harvey Davis, a top National Security Agency official, needs that commanding presence. His role is to supervise infrastructure construction worldwide for NSA, which is part of the Defense Department. That involves tending to logistics, military installations, as well as power, space and cooling for all NSA data centers.

Colossal waste of cash

So what is wrong with this picture?

First off there is a picture

Think about it why on earth would the worlds most 'nefarious' organization build such a massive billion dollar boondoggle?

It's like saying here China,here Russia, here Iran retask your 'spy satellites' to check out our new diggs!

Doesn't make sense to me considering all the hype surrounding other conspiracy theories figured the big bad NSA would have build that in some super duper deep underground bunker (dumb) or below ground or some unused salt mine:

How can a government so 'adept' and spying on us little people never take in to account of moving it underground , and 'nuke' proof it, or 'war' proof it.

How can a government that is so 'sinister' be so inept as to let 'leakers' blow the whistle?

None of the current events make sense to me unless it was some massive psychological operation to incite riot, and then they would get to make 'good' use of all that ammunition,mrap's the DHS got for Christmas.

Honestly I think people are being played here I would hazard to guess around 10% truth 90% hype because people do so love a good conspiracy we do so love to build things up in our minds.

Because fiction is 'better' than real life.

Just an observation against the massive tidal wave that sooner or later is going to get hijacked by agenda pushers.

Of course other opinions will vary.

edit on 25-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I'm sure its like an iceberg. What we actually see in that picture is just a tiny bit of the whole apparatus.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
I'm sure its like an iceberg. What we actually see in that picture is just a tiny bit of the whole apparatus.

That is possible probably is nuke and van eck phreaking proof. etc.

The must have fibbed on the price because that would have made it more expensive.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I recently read that the NSA data centers they are building use as much fresh water as several Major Bottling plants for Coke and Pepsi products.

Why? TO water cool the computers there.

Think about that for a second the magnitude of the operation.
edit on 25-7-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
I recently read that the NSA data centers they are building use as much fresh water as several Major Bottling plants for Coke and Pepsi products.

Why? TO water cool the computers there.

Think about that for a second the magnitude of the operation.
edit on 25-7-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

What?

That's not very 'save the planet' friendly,.

Hope all those computers are all Rosh compliant.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It takes lots of space to keep our recorded calls.

Yes, I said recorded calls. Does anybody think they are not recording calls.

I know they are looking for key words.

How the hell do they look for key words without recordings?

Hello Mr. Snowden....Don't you have a few more things to tell us?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

But... but they promised it was only metadata - why do they need this?

If they say its 7 times larger, that means it atleast 99 times larger.

So lets guess, 2 years from now they pass a new law making people criminal for have said "this" and the critically "that", then they pull up your entire electronic history, and condems you with retroactive laws...

bend over! or game over?
edit on 25/7/2013 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Apparently the NSA didn't get the memo.

The government's ungoverned spending habits have bankrupted this country. That's right, America is flat broke.
source : www.brillig.com...

So what do these dumb ass clowns do? They spend our last buck, spying on the American people.

Did you know?
source : www.businessinsider.com...

F.T.G.

edit on 25-7-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
There is a lot more to the Great Salt Lake than water and stink. There is also more in those mountains behind Salt Lake City than rock. Are we sure that's the whole facility we see there or is it just the top-side access point and commuter parking for a whole lot more?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

And why do you use countless posts on stating the obvious?

Love your posts buddy, but most of the time, its a waste of time reading your obvious statements.

Just an observation among friends.

peace

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

That's about as friendly as a slap in the face.

I'm sorry if you already knew there is a very large excavation and chamber in the mountains near this facility and outside Salt Lake City. Many don't know that, let alone who built it years ago or why. Much less that it would not be in use by that person or why THAT would be. So...Obvious is a matter of perspective, I suppose.

Now the OP here didn't seem to take as obvious and without saying that the NSA may well have much more, MILES from this visible construction and connected underground. So, it seemed a worthwhile thing to mention, but more importantly? Such observations tend to start additional conversation. The sharing of information and details often follows...and that often leads to NEW knowledge *I* didn't have before.

So, you see, there really is a method to my madness beyond simply posting stupid crap for people to make such comments to me about. Thanks for the observation though.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I'm sorry i went a bit hay-wire on that, what i miss is that some of your statements need a bit of links, so hopefully we all can learn at the same time. Just my point.

The few know about yottabytes

EVERYTHING you say, do, go where, is recorded, explaning my feeling

No de-railing of the thread i hope - back on track

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

Fair on your point too..and to be honest, I'm looking for links but so far not finding much. That's got my spidey senses tingling even more about it.

The excavation I'm talking about is one I learned of in a complex murder case involving a couple guys, a very clever scam and the LDS Temple leadership in SLC. This was a peripheral part of a very looong and extensive book that went clear into the days of Brigham Young, the trials of Missouri and crossing into Utah and even the Mountain Meadows incident. A VERY extensive book, because the murder case went into a real deep level of LDS politics and connections.

ANYWAY... to get back to topic, the guy built it as a doomsday chamber for food and records storage to then peddle back to the LDS Temple for his own profit, as I recall the details. It was dug deep and basically "everything proof". The scam fell through, he got to murdering and is no longer around to use it. I'll just bet someone finished his efforts and is using it by now though.

I've wondered from day 1...WHY Utah? Why the Salt Lake City area? Why not Denver or Reno or Vegas? All those places have existing infrastructure for the NSA to make it logical. Tooele, Utah, Really? Well...there are a couple things that make the decision logical. They just aren't widely known. If I hadn't spent a day and a half listening to that unabridged true crime audio (It was a looooooooong book. 18+ hours, as I recall it), I'd never have heard of it or had any clue it was there.
edit on 25-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

It's hard to tell you about Danish poetry/comedy. You have to be a Dane to understand.

But here is a guy telling about how much they got beaten up in "fathers" time, in school, telling about pollution was not invented at"fathers" time. You know... at least 70 years back now...

here is the video:

At 2:20 he is telling his own kid (back in the 80s), that on new years eve they went so wild they blew their hands off due to fireworks, but why should they care? There was a world war, and those they admired threw nukes on the japanese, then went back and threw dynamite on the indians" Vi smed atombomber på Japanerne, og bagefter smed vi dynamit på indianerne" - it rhymes in Danish, and it is such a telling crazy story, that i sit back here in awe and thought Troels Tries was crazy ( the guy in the video) - then it turns out he is actually telling the truth?

What have the USA come to?
edit on 25/7/2013 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
O.k. so we have this Huge NSA Data Center - But they cannot use it!

That's no longer legal because of the vote that did pass in the House yesterday..
See this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... A Different Amendment Restricting NSA Spying Was Passed Overwhelmingly by the House – But ‘No On

The amendment that passed is reportedly intended to “ensure none of the funds may be used by the NSA to target a U.S. person or acquire and store the content of a U.S. person’s communications, including phone calls and e-mails.
www.theblaze.com... bout-it/

The amendment doesn't restrict the NSA from spying on us.. just says it cannot use the properly funded monies from the Patriot Act to to do the snooping and recording -

So.. if they cannot use this money - Where is the NSA getting the money to continue snooping and to actually use this building at all?

It seems that the NSA gets monies from other sources besides this one act. They must or this building would be a 2 billion dollar waste.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I wonder how many employees work there. But hey , its good for national security, good for the masters, cant wait until snowden is killed in a drone attack. Its perfectly legal. Im i wrong?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I really shouldn't...but..

If we blocked it out, it would be all the more obvious, right?

Atleast this way, it appears we're incompentant at best.

That we are so confident that it doesn't even phase us at the worst.

What's really there?

Classified.

But it's for your own protection, I promise.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Wow I don't want to get all tin foil hat here, but I do recall that millions of dollars went missing the day before 9-11. Just sayin---

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Whynotme

Snowden won't be killed by drone.

He will simply be forgotten.

We ran the beta test in 06' and it was beyond successful.

Let's see how many of you remember who Snowden even was in five years.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Interesting, so are you suggesting what I think you are? Are you suggesting that the funding is coming from the mega-corporations that have been cooperating with the NSA? Sort of a you scratch our back and we will scratch yours operation? We will help you protect your intellectual property and stop pirating, and you will pay for the apparatus for us to do this?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join