It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My kitty was attacked last night (Prayers needed please)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Our sweet 2 year old female Egypt aka Kittenkiddie or Gypsy, was attacked by a wild animal last night, my son went to the garage this am and found her in the back of a pickup truck crying.

Her left hind leg was dangling and she was in terrible pain.

She was taken to the vet who said her leg needed to be amputated, but I did not have enough $ for that surgery.

I did have the kids back to school supply $ and it was just enough to have her undergo anesthetic, a splint, antibiotic and pain medication.

I just called to check on her and she is in recovery, but they said the splint will not stay in place. That it would take a pin to keep it in place, but again I do not have enough $ for that procedure...

We are so sad for her, she is the sweetest little kitty ever.

Please, say a little prayer, send healing thoughts her way... I will try to get a picture of her up later for you to see her.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Antar, I'm so so sorry to hear about this. My heart goes out to you. Please know I am 100% sincere and mean this in every sense when I say you need only drop me a note if there is anything I or my wife can do to help you in this family crisis you're going through. I started to imagine what I might feel like, if one of my doggies was in such shape to find ..and had to stop myself. Nope...some things don't need mentally explored. Just ask tho... You certainly have folks willing to lend support if there is anything we can do. (warm smile)

I hope the little one defies expectations here. I'll keep you in my thoughts, just in case.

edit on 25-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Really sorry to hear about this. I have 2 full grown cats and a new kitten who's stolen our hearts. I've been in that spot when we didn't have $300 for a urological operation so we had to put our kitty down, it was terribly hard.
Animals do have amazing recuperative abilities and with God's grace let's hope your kitty does better.
Best regards,
ATA

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I will try and focus all my force powers to help Kittenkiddie get better.
Heck If I had the money I would pay for her surgery but I have none so all I can give you is my thoughts to help you and Kittenkiddie.
May the force be with you Kittenkiddie...always.
Take care and my cat Jake also sends out positive kitty powers to help.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Thank you so so much. It has been a hard day for me and I guess I was really in need of some love and sympathy to help get through this tragedy.

I know how great the animal lovers in this community are and my heart over flows with your shared empathy.

Right now I am anxiously awaiting time to go pick her up. They gave me the option to leave her over night but think she will relax better and feel relief just getting home from this ordeal and out of the cage at the vets office.

I hope all goes well and that she is able to heal without some of the complications they warned me about such as infection under the splint or the splint falling off to name just 2 possibilities.

I will be back later.

Thank you sometimes does not seem like it is enough.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I know how genuine you both are sweet friends. We will make it through, have done what we could and now it is going to take time, patients and healing energy. Just remember us in your positive thoughts and prayers today. I feel your love surrounding us, there is nothing greater that you could share.

Will post some pics later.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thats bloody terrible antar. I am so sorry to hear that your cat is in distress. You can be sure I will be praying for your little friend.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I really am so sad to hear of this, but it does sound as though your kitty does need to have the leg amputated as a way of preventing further complications through possible infection, I take it that there aren't any animal clinics where you are that treat pets on a charitable basis? If not, would it be possible for you to set up a fund where we could help with the necessary veterinarian costs?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Oh Honey, I am soooooo sorry to hear about your poor kitty. I will keep your kitty in my thoughts and prayers. What a horrible thing to have to go through. big hug!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Any up-dates on your cat Antar?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I'm so sorry ! I know what its like not to have enough money cor a sick animal .
Maybe look on facebook. Many people get donations for sick animals ,as long as you show the receipts .
Look on cat rescue pages

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Making me nervous without any up-dates. Hope the sweet kitty is ok.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'm confused, a wild animal some how got into your secure garage and attacked your cat? Or are you another irresponsible pet owner who allows their domestic animal to roam outside unsecured and unattended?

You are the reason your pet is suffering.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
I'm confused, a wild animal some how got into your secure garage and attacked your cat? Or are you another irresponsible pet owner who allows their domestic animal to roam outside unsecured and unattended?

You are the reason your pet is suffering.

I really cannot believe how mean minded some people can be,Antar's cat has been seriously injured and that somehow is their fault?, it's in a cat's nature to roam their territory and I believe that it is only natural to let your cat outdoors.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Hi Antar, it has been a long time!
...if I am correct, I've learnt that cats can heal themselves from their own purring, including broken bones, torn ligaments...etc...please believe it if you will.
My poor old cat Scratchy attacks everything that moves in sight and has been wounded oh so many times where I thought he was not going to make it, but managed.
I swear he has had nine lives, or more!
I remember not seeing him for awhile, heard someone say a dog attacked him, many days later heard meowing outside my window...he managed to drag himself there knowing I was always in my room and would hear his cries. His leg was mangled, dangling like it was never going to be normal.
I brought him in, fed him, tended to his hurts, never splinted...he has been bit recently, healed again...when they are wounded you'll notice they purr more than usual, it is a healing process, meditation like, I think, and will help them repair themselves...I believe it is a good aid when humans need healing as well.
I hope this is the case for your kitty and all will fix itself, keep us updated please, best wishes, give kitty the attention/love he wants and needs, see what happens.
edit on 7/30/2013 by Givenmay because: addition

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Going this long without any news doesn't sound good.
I'm worried.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I just came across this thread,I pray your kitty is ok! Please let us know how your kitty is.ATS has a very large feline fan base,we take this to heart

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I also just found this thread.

I'm so sorry to hear about your little one. We also have two little ones and sometimes they will race between our feet and get outside. Our biggest fear is your reality.

Our prayers are with you.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Am I the only one worried that we havn't heard any news on the cat?????

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

No, you are not the only person concerned by the lack of updates on the status of antar's cat. However, there is little that any one of us can do about that. We can only wait for news.

<<   2 >>

join