It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 disgusting tweets by Trayvon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by iamusic

Everyone is crass, it's 2013, 1950's are long gone.

Just turn on the tv.
edit on 23-7-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I'm sure we couldn't come up with 20 off color posts
from members of ATS right?
Maybe we should shoot them too?

link   
Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 7/23/2013 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

link   
I do honestly have to wonder to myself, what the benefit is in information like this at this stage? The trial is, as others noted, over. As an acquittal, it's good and truly over. Done. Kaput. He was cleared and the shoot justified...if only by verdict in the minds of many. Whatever the case, it is a dead issue at this point.

It may carry on for the feds, but at that level? It's Zimmerman vs. the DOJ, not Trayvon's memory or ghost.

I don't know..maybe I'm just a little soft and feeling gracious since the side I've come to support in this DID win the trial by the acquittal, but it seems unnecessary and pile-on without purpose outside provocation to keep dumping on his memory now? It will provoke the supporters of the boy, but that isn't the goal we want to pursue....is it?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
The elephant in the room that was NEVER addressed at the trail was "what was Treyvon Martin doing in this community in the first place?"

He knew no one there, he had no legitimate business there, and had absolutely zero reason to be at that place at any time of the day, let alone after dark.

During the trial, they didn't even discuss why he was in that location at all, if he wasn't there to either (a) scout a home or (b) break into a home.

Really? Hmm I guess the fact his father was staying at a girlfriends home there and he was visiting his father was a made up fact.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
So what you're saying is that because he used foul language, smoked weed, and is in general one of 123283721 teenagers who are irreverent and experimenting with fringe behavior he deserved what he got?

Duly noted.

I think the OP is saying actually, that while Obama says things like:
"This could have been me" or "This could have been my son" in all actuality, we know that is far from the truth. As Obama in his book stated that he tried to stay away from people like Trayvon when he was a kid, and his child would have a privileged upbringing.

And while the media is trying to paint Martin as a poor innocent kid, just like any other, gunned down before his time. The life of drug dealing, violent exchanges in his pursuit to be a gangsta thug, and illegal gun trading... suggests he was just another "gangsta/thug" exactly as he aimed to be.

You know... Like these ones: Link who killed a woman's baby after they didn't give her money.

Or these two, who killed a woman delivering pizza to make extra money.

So the race baiters have a problem on their hands, they need to drop it first. As they have left out reality in their pitch. The reality? TM wanted to be one of these thugs. He is clearly not Obama in his teens, nor his child.

And he was aiming to be another statistic.

And while his death is tragic, given his age, it's not the only tragic thing to happen in America in the past year or so.
edit on 23-7-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
OP, you do realize that people in this world do smoke green, act like thugs, use foul language and everything in the book?

We can not continue to use this individual as example what we see in society today. It's been happening for the past 30 or more years and people are going to act and do whatever they please. We're letting this case divide us about who's right, who's wrong, what color is the persons skin, etc....

Let this person rest in peace. I don't care what bad he has done...SO WHAT!! It's over now. Lets find something more constructive about this case if any, but the finger pointing about what tweets is say about him is rubbish and it doesn't need to be pointed out here.

We're dividing ourselves on ats about this nonsense and it must be tone down a bit.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
I'm sure we couldn't come up with 20 off color posts
from members of ATS right?
Maybe we should shoot them too?

Break the rules here, they ban you.

Break the rules at Trayvon's school, it was swept under the rug in an effort to keep crime rate statistics low. If the school hadn't done that, he would likely have been in juvenile detention and not out in public that night.

ETA: Instead of reporting his crimes to the police, the school expelled him. That is exactly the reason he was in that neighborhood that night.
Can we say that it is the school district's fault that he died?
edit on 23-7-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by MuzzleBreak

The kid is dead, the trial is over, let him rest in peace.

What has he done to you?!?

What is your agenda with this post?

If your point was to prove that he was a regular teenager who took part in things that many people from his age category do, then you have succeeded.

You "grown adults" finding any reason whatsoever to demonize this kid are really starting to get irritating.

You must be missing the ongoing effort to demonize Zimmerman, and the ongoing effort to bring him up on Federal charges, while viewing TM as an innocent 12 yo. If the police chief in Trayvon's school district had been doing his job, instead of trying to make the statistics look like he was reducing crime, 17 yo Trayvon would already have been arrested. This is still being used as a racial issue, and until the facts about Trayvon get more exposure, there will still be people believing some poor 12 yo black skittle eater got killed cause he had on a hoodie and some honkie didn't like it.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The reason these tweets need to be spread around is because his parents want to propose a Trayon Martin law.

See Source

Travyon’s parents propose “Trayvon Martin Amendment” to self defense law By Frances Robles [email protected] Longwood, FL -- The parents of slain teen Trayvon Martin asked the state task force reviewing Florida’s controversial self-defense law to revise it and make it harder for someone who starts a fight to end it with deadly force. They call their proposed revision “The Trayvon Martin Amendment.” snip Her attorney, Benjamin Crump, proposed the Trayvon Martin Amendment, saying that, as it stands now, the law encourages aggressors to shoot to kill and not leave any witnesses. “You cannot initiate a confrontation and then turn around and say you are standing your ground,” Crump said.

Insanity at it's finest...

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

This justification is just so low, hes #ing dead. its over, Zimmerman walked, let it go. Your only adding to the agenda, something you have been manipulated into.

and yet the protests continue. people with white skin have been attacked "for trayvon". real, living people who aren't associated with the case in any way, except to have the same skin color as zimmerman are being attacked and demonized because zimmerman defended himself.

i get the feeling that this thread exists to debunk the grossly inaccurate image of martin being a good kid, and that martin couldn't have been the aggressor.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by relocator

I'd say anyone who is encouraged to shoot after or by what Zimmerman has been through? Well, they need their firearms permit taking away and torn in half, then they need psychiatric help. Badly.

If what G.Z. has endured and may yet go on to endure more of isn't something to cause SERIOUS pause and consideration about using deadly force? Someone has a mental defect beyond hope for ever trusting with something as dangerous as a gun.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

The kid is dead, the trial is over, let him rest in peace.

What has he done to you?!?

What is your agenda with this post?

If your point was to prove that he was a regular teenager who took part in things that many people from his age category do, then you have succeeded.

You "grown adults" finding any reason whatsoever to demonize this kid are really starting to get irritating.

Why are you replying like that... you know this isnt about the kid

This is about everything else but the kid (well he got shot, and the more things come to light, the more reasons we get to think that the kid was bad and got what any little thug deserves) regardless... what are you liberals afraid of? I mean... I would be trying hard to shut this down too if I was supporting the beliefs, politics and actions of a man that say that a kid that behaves like that could be his son... hell a man that says that a kid that behaves like that could be HIM (at least you now know how the prez was when he was 17... well I mean, that and a muslim marxist)

You do well in trying to shut this down... like I said, the shame would be so great that I would too if I was a liberal like you spending my life defending this scum.

Please tell me that your post was sarcastic, I certainly hope it was sarcasm but I fear you actually believe the nonsense which you ranted about. The obvious point of this thread is clearly about the "kid", with a dash of hidden agenda that many of you have clearly fallen for and are here to zealously support. You are all eating this up like it's feeding time during a famine.

As for getting this thread shut down, have I made an attempt to do so? All I have done is voice an opinion just like you have done, I could just as easily accuse YOU of trying to have this thread closed down.

All your mumbo jumbo about my beliefs and me being a liberal, shows that you have been duped into the whole left/right, conservative/liberal and all other claims of affiliation which caused this whole media circus. These affiliations are meant to divide us, and if ATS represents even the most minute portion of the populace, their plan is working and it frightens me by how many of you accuse others of acting on their preconceived notions, when in fact it is usually the accusers who are acting on emotion and beliefs which they refuse to question even though it would be in their best inerest to do so.

Your whole post is a conspiracy in itself, the whole Obama thing which I am not going to elaborate on as it has nothing to do with the case unless you are easily manipulated by the media and the propaganda it spews for our beloved politicians

I am still laughing hysterically about you calling me a Liberal who spends my life defending this "scum".

Take care my friend, good luck in your future endeavours

edit on 7/23/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by relocator

I'd say anyone who is encouraged to shoot after or by what Zimmerman has been through? Well, they need their firearms permit taking away and torn in half, then they need psychiatric help. Badly.

If what G.Z. has endured and may yet go on to endure more of isn't something to cause SERIOUS pause and consideration about using deadly force? Someone has a mental defect beyond hope for ever trusting with something as dangerous as a gun.

If you're about to be killed by a thug, I say "Shoot!"

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree...but now of days criminals don't have gun permits...lol

News reports of people getting shot continue to litter the news...

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
after reading through the tweets, something stands out.

martin is clearly racist and very sexist. he is a very angry young man, and even admits as much.

combining the mentality in what he said (especially references to black people taking actions themselves instead of calling the police) with what we know of the events that night, i have no doubt that martin was the aggressor and that the attack was racially motivated.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I agree 100%..and that is what this whole thing should have shown people. The trouble and serious chance of a murder conviction, even in a defense situation, should demonstrate how absolute it is that it BE a real defense of life situation.

I think this helped responsibility of gun owners and carriers, not the other way around. Major cases like this are a reminder that anyone firing their weapon is rolling the dice of perceptions for how OTHERS consider it justified or not. Definitely not something you want to be even "half way" questionable about.

Of course, I hope this doesn't cause someone so much hesitation in a real world defense situation that they hang up and get killed over it, either.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
ATTENTION: Since this is such an emotional topic; please make an extra effort to keep this on topic and off each other. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MuzzleBreak

A private citizen has plowed thru 150 pages of Trayvon’s Twitter account and grabbed twenty tweets from Trayvon that paint him as a misogynistic, weed smoking, thug. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to link to the sites (there are many online today) where the tweets can be found because the tweets are in violation of T&C here. A search engine can be used to find them, and the knowledge of their existence should be spread across the social media.

The tweets are full of terms that are not allowed here, but the knowledge that this was what Trayvon had become should be more widely disseminated.

If you can't link to the tweets or post the tweets there is no point in creating this thread. I will not waste my time doing a search for them.

It sounds like you are exaggerating and trying to stir up trouble about a non issue. I can see tweets with similar sentiments not from teenage black kids but from affluent white women. Not to denigrate any people, but that is just the nature of twitter and the internet these days.

For example, remember the sorority girl rant where Reb. Martin. used incredibly disgusting and harmful language when addressing a petty beef with her sorority sisters? Well, on her twitter before the story broke she wrote "You call it morning wood, I call it breakfast in bed
" Now imaging if you read on Travon's twitter something like "I call it morning wood, she calls it breakfast in bed
" You would call him a disgusting thug like you already have.

The point is, I don't think you should be using past tweets made by a dead teenager to try and demonize him or justify the outcome of the case, which is absurd.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by djr33222

It took me 2 seconds to find the tweets...using google.

and they are disgusting...not to mention the news media making this such a big deal.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join