It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another rape victim jailed in Dubai

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

A young Norwegian woman has been sentenced to 16 months in jail after she reported a rape in Dubai.

The 25-year-old was in the United Arab Emirates on a business trip when she was raped and reported the assault to the local police.

The young Norwegian woman's story is not unique.

Earlier this year Australian Alicia Gali, 27, spoke of how she was thrown in a Dubai jail for eight months after she reported a rape.

I see ppl on other forums saying it will help hurt their tourism industry if it's covered by the MSM widely if women and men decide to spend money elsewhere and rightly so. . . there where little to no defenders and no one could pin it to isolated incidents and 1-off miscarriage of justice since it's more or less policy.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by igor_ats

got a link to the story?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by igor_ats

got a link to the story?

my bad:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Discusting

And they want to make Dubai World no 1 turist destination.With sharia law and this attitude i expect anti campaign against Dubai, and their bankrot when the oil is gone.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
why do western women keep going to countries that have Sharia law and liberal rape allowances for the men

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anusuia
why do western women keep going to countries that have Sharia law and liberal rape allowances for the men

The only thought I have is many young and naive ppl don't know any better and the tourism industry just shows the most positive picture possible. Plus in general that area is seen in a positive light economically so they only see "job".

In reality it's a minefield in general. Getting caught in Dubai with even the tiniest trace of cannabis can get you a minimum mandatory sentence of four years. One man has been jailed for four years because he was found at the airport with a cigarette trodden into his shoe. Inside, the authorities found 0.003 grams of cannabis, and that was enough.

new topics

top topics

join