It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa says chemtrails are real ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

oh dear - Godwin's law - you lose!

I don't think you can equate killing millions of people illegally incarcerated with even he worst of the US
experiments.

Agent Orange..
You and others may not consider this experimental but I do.
There was NO concern with the health of the population or even our own troops health.

Just alittle reminder.
en.wikipedia.org...

"between 1962 and 1971, the United States military sprayed nearly 20,000,000 US gallons (76,000,000 l) of material containing chemical herbicides and defoliants mixed with jet fuel in Vietnam, eastern Laos and parts of Cambodia, as part of the aerial defoliation program known as Operation Ranch Hand

The Vietnam Red Cross reported as many as 3 million Vietnamese people have been affected by Agent Orange, including at least 150,000 children born with birth defects.[41] According to Vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 4.8 million Vietnamese people were exposed to Agent Orange, resulting in 400,000 people being killed or maimed, and 500,000 children born with birth defects.[1] Women had higher rates of miscarriage and stillbirths, as did livestock such as cattle, water buffalo, and pigs.[42]

Children in the areas where Agent Orange was used have been affected and have multiple health problems, including cleft palate, mental disabilities, hernias, and extra fingers and toes.[43] In the 1970s, high levels of dioxin were found in the breast milk of South Vietnamese women, and in the blood of U.S. soldiers who had served in Vietnam.[44] The most affected zones are the mountainous area along Truong Son (Long Mountains) and the border between Vietnam and Cambodia. The affected residents are living in substandard conditions with many genetic diseases.[45]"
(Thank you Monsanto and Dow)

And who knows if Agent Blue was detrimental in any way?

edit on 16-7-2013 by azureskys because: added more

edit on 16-7-2013 by azureskys because: add on

edit on 16-7-2013 by azureskys because: add on

edit on 16-7-2013 by azureskys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I would like to thank every posters ridiculing those deranged chemtrail believers and helping them see the right side of things. If it weren't for you, people would probably riot in the streets.

It's incomprehensible the exquisite joy I get from teaching the real truth and usually denying the chemtrail word even exists, hell : It's not even in the dictionary!! How much more PROOF can you get?!

Don't chemtrail freaks know that it would be impossible to have so many people "in the know"?
They should know that it's totally impossible to buy the silence and adherence of a human beings with things like money and threats. Ah!

Also, thank you for pointing how, since NASA says they are spraying lithium, that if chemtrails would even exist in this universe, they would have to absolutely must be EXACTLY like the most far out loonies identify chemtrails. Nothing else would suffice. Everything else is contrails and emissions which is all perfectly safe from trusted mainstream sources.

Thank you for your consistent wisdom and usage of your limited lifetime to put people on the right track!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

oh dear - Godwin's law - you lose!

I don't think you can equate killing millions of people illegally incarcerated with even he worst of the US
experiments.

Agent Orange..
You and others may not consider this experimental but I do.
There was NO concern with the health of the population or even our own troops health.

The problem with Agent Orange was NOT the herbicides - it was dioxin CONTAMINATION that was not supposed to be there.

So claiming the accidental poisoning of people (both allies and enemies) is the equivalent of the holocaust further shows the desperate lengths chemise will go to the support the fantasy of chemtrails.

Just alittle reminder.
en.wikipedia.org...

"between 1962 and 1971, the United States military sprayed nearly 20,000,000 US gallons (76,000,000 l) of material containing chemical herbicides and defoliants mixed with jet fuel in Vietnam, eastern Laos and parts of Cambodia, as part of the aerial defoliation program known as Operation Ranch Hand

etc - I notice that you conveniently omitted this bit from that page:

The 2,4,5-T used to produce Agent Orange was later discovered to be contaminated with 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzodioxin (TCDD), an extremely toxic dioxin compound.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
reply to post by Zaphod58

Thanks for clearing that up for me

I wasn't sure if I was hearing it right and didn't know what it meant if I did.

Trimethyl aluminum/aluminium/trimethylaluminum That's also supposed to be another additive in jet fuel, however it would need to be modified, so I am a bit out on that so far.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Trimethylaluminum is only supposedly used in jet fuel for the purpose of creating chemtrails. When it burns it leaves a white trail behind. There is no use that I can see for it in fuel, and I can see it causing problems with the engines, which will be expensive (a single engine can run $20M+).

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

It degrades on any exposure to air because of eth oxygen present - if it was added to jet fuel it would ignite due to air bubbles and head space in the tanks and pipes.

also there would be no gap between the engine and any trail from TMA.

It is not an approved additive to Jet A1 (all approved additives are listed in Def Std 91-91), and adding it to civil aviation fuel would be illegal interference with the operation of an aircraft.
edit on 16-7-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

It's not about ridiculing people, and it harsh to call them deranged, they are mostly just uninformed and misled. It is simply about looking at the evidence to see if it's any good. Chemmies seem to take it personally when the flaws in the evidence is pointed out, but that is just an indicator of immaturity in those that take the stance and may help to explain why they fell for the lie in the first place.

Any reasonable person would see the flaws in the evidence, or at least check out those flaws when pointed out, and then look to see if there was any other good evidence out there.

That's what I did before I decided that chemtrails are a hoax.
edit on 17-7-2013 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

The concept of a contrail is well known, it simply means a condensation trail, and is only a word of accommodation. But there is a lot more than just condensation going on, so strictly speaking an aircraft plume is not a contrail, it is a highly complicated chemical process end product. In a word or two, you are being dumped on, and from above.

Yes, and you are being dumped on from street level too. Automobiles spewing exhaust. (same thing)

It's one of the pitfalls of burning fossil fuels to make power.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

I know just what you mean. It's pitiful how the pin heads who promote chemtrails won't even try to understand clouds, contrails, or basic science. They claim it's some witch craft or magic. Then ask you to believe them based on their word alone.

But, you don't have to thank me, I am just here trying to do my part.

fight the good fight brother!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Originally posted by smurfy

The concept of a contrail is well known, it simply means a condensation trail, and is only a word of accommodation. But there is a lot more than just condensation going on, so strictly speaking an aircraft plume is not a contrail, it is a highly complicated chemical process end product. In a word or two, you are being dumped on, and from above.

Yes, and you are being dumped on from street level too. Automobiles spewing exhaust. (same thing)

It's one of the pitfalls of burning fossil fuels to make power.

That's a good point. Automobile exhaust and industrial emissions account for much more air pollution than jet engine exhaust.

Obviously, the burning of fossil fuel in a jet engine is going to pollute the air to some extent, but jet engines are actually very efficient, and are relatively clean (relative to other fossil fuel-burning engines, pound-for-pound of fuel burned).

...And while there are other chemicals in jet exhaust, almost all of what you can SEE in a contrail is simply water. Planes can't carry enough fuel to be able to leave a huge visible trail of soot and bad chemicals behind them for hundreds of miles.

edit on 7/17/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Really?
"Accidental poisoning of people (both allies and enemies)" (your words)

www.truth-out.org...:chemical-warfare-agent-orange

The US government also knew of the defoliant's toxicity, according to a memo found during Zumwait's 1988 investigation. Dr. James R. Clary, a former senior scientist at the US Air Force Chemical Weapons Branch who had designed the spray tanks for Operation Ranch Hand, wrote in response to a Congressional investigation into Agent Orange:

"When we initiated the herbicide program in the 1960s, we were aware of the potential for damage due to dioxin contamination in the herbicide. We were even aware that the military formulation had a higher dioxin concentration than the civilian version due to the lower cost and speed of manufacture. However, because the material was to be used on the enemy, none of us were overly concerned. We never considered a scenario in which our own personnel would become contaminated with the herbicide."

That Is the equivalent of the systematic killing of anything in the area...Knowingly !
They knew the possible/probable results and did not care.

genocide

According to the United Nations, the definition of genocide is:

"any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

a. killing members of the group;

b. causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;

c. deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;

d. imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;

e. forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."

www.urbandictionary.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

so - like I said in response to the person who raised it - they never considered the effect of the poison on their own troops, and they did not actually analyse any effect it might have on the enemy - figuring that if it did have any effect then that was a bonus of some sort.

Thanks for making my point.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Back to the OP topic, this video is hilarious. It is also an example of remaining friendly and helpful in the face of rampant stupidity.

I believe he used the word "chemtrail" because she had. It seemed to be a way to get her to at least try and understand the difference in what they are doing and what a "chemtrail" conspiracy believer thinks they are doing. He at least tried to make her understand the difference in the experiment and a contrail.

But as I have discovered in the years I have been debunking, a believer will parse a sentence down to the etiology of the terms....which has continued in this thread.

What happened was not "chemtrails", not "geoengineering", or anything even remotely like what the conspiracy believers have said up to this point. But they are all clamoring to a single consolation made by an expert to an....well, "believer" I guess is the best term.

What happened was a chemical release, not a spray, from a rocket, not a plane, into the ionosphere, not the upper troposphere. The lithium being released would be an aerosol, just enough to be able to trace with special equipment, and would take years to get down to even where weather happens, much less breathing level. That is bounded by the laws of physics and gravity.

It is not "chemtrails", not even close. Learn a bit about the atmosphere, especially what happens in each layer.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

We've never denied the term chemtrail. Just that they're real. And wow, NASA confirms chemtrails, with a rocket they launched that released chemicals for an experiment. Don't you think that's just a LITTLE different than that plane flying overhead? Just a tiny bit?

Yes, releasing lithium at altitudes higher than planes fly is going to do wonders at pacifying people. Sure, that'll work.
edit on 7/16/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

well man...I wont argue with you...I just pasted facts about lithium from wiki...perhaps it's bunk. Can you confirm it's bunk?

Judging from your avatar...I guess you know the old law of the west..."what comes up...must come down...eventually..."

Except when it comes down at that height it will be ionised or bonded to some other crap in the outer atmosphere.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

And what too many people fail to realize is dilution. Anything released in the atmosphere will be moved by winds and drafts and diluted into the whole of the region.

I looked it up. The volume of the atmosphere is 4.2 billion cubic kilometers. It takes quite a lot of anything to even be able to find it after a short while. It's just one more reason that the whole "chemtrail" theory doesn't make sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join