It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa says chemtrails are real ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Deiberately produced chemical trails, usually for scientific purposes - are real. Not common, but they do occur.

However, what chemtrail believers call chemtrails are just common or garden contrails.

It's like people claiming that the large greyish animals with thick, rough skin, 4 stout legs, a small tail, very large ears, two ivory tusks and a very long prehensile nose are alien invaders from Venus, because elephants do indeed exist. The fact elephants exist does not prove that alien invaders from Venus exist. Non sequitur.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by Qubert

And just because more people are unaware of how new jet engines work, and how contrails are formed, etc and believe something they read online doesn't mean that it's true, or that it's happening.

Therefore truth only comes from the officials, right? Give me a break...
I can't afford to feel that much relaxed.
And, just because the guy said it's lithium, it doesn't mean it's true, you know, they have the ability to lie too.

Hmmm. I can't speak for others, but my understanding of how a vapor contrail forms did NOT come from the "officials" (whoever they are).

My understanding of contrails comes from an understanding of the type of humid air that comes from a jet engine, and how that humid air reacts with the low pressures and low temperatures at high altitudes.

What I'm saying is that I don't "blindly" believe what I have read about contrail formation on the internet. I make it a point to understand how those contrails can form. That's more than I can say about a lot of chemtrail believers, who seem to have made no attempt at understanding what a contrail really is.

Many of them read about chemtrails from the chemtrail scam artists out there, and then blindly believe what those scam artists are saying/selling.

edit on 7/16/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

You are right...but what I was getting at...is that I was under the impression that the term "chemtrails" was specifically invented to describe what we are talking about here...and on numerous threads I have seen debunkers on the subject claiming that there are no Chemtrails...only Contrails...

A nice one, and yes it is true, those who insist that there are no chemtrails will now have to redefine the term...the man said chemtrail. It should have been redefined long ago anyway, an 'ordinary' contrail is a bundle of chemicals all on it's own. Good on you.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Hm, my post wasn't about contrails, chemtrails or farttrails, excuse my wording.
I simply stated that they shouldn't be trusted to the extent that your government was conducting experiments on their own people by spraying populated areas with toxins from the ground.
No one, no single person can tell me now they're still not doing it today.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

So just how many people died from being sprayed with these toxins? The death toll must have been pretty high.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

No, we really won't. Because the word chemtrail has always been used to describe a trail from a plane. Rockets don't fly horizontal criss cross patterns, or make turns, or anything else ever described by people that believe in chemtrails. This was an experiment that released a chemical far above where it could affect the ground, and even if he called it a chemtrail, it's not what has been described by believers for years.

A once every 20 or 30 year rocket launch that releases a chemical, does not a chemtrail conspiracy prove.
edit on 7/16/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I was referring to your comment about toxins being sprayed on populated areas from ground level.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Who's job is it to define these terms? I agree. Lets get that guy to list the definition so we can end these idiotic threads about anything that get's put into the air being a chemtrail. Afterall, I sneezed, so I made a chemtrail. therefore chemtrails are real and we should ground all airplanes. (see where such a stupid argument leads to?)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I simply stated that they shouldn't be trusted to the extent that your government was conducting experiments on their own people by spraying populated areas with toxins from the ground.

And that is proof they are still doing it today?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mrthumpy

Here's the link, plus, beside from the ground level, they were spraying from the airplanes.

Army Scientists Secretly Sprayed St. Louis...
Related ATS Thread

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
...Afterall, I sneezed, so I made a chemtrail. therefore chemtrails are real and we should ground all airplanes...

This sounds a little like "Crazy Rainbow Sprinkler Woman":

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

You may want to read this....

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

And that is proof they are still doing it today?

I didn't say it's proof, they were caught red handed, who's to say they stopped doing it?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

You may want to read this....

www.nytimes.com...

Thank you, I read it, but it has nothing to do with the topic.
The POINT IS, they WERE SPRAYING chemical agents on populated areas, ON HUMANS INTENTIONALLY, and the majority of US citizens DOESN'T GIVE A DAMN about it.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Thank you, I read it, but it has nothing to do with the topic.

Really, did you not post these links....

Unethical Human Experimentation in the U.S.
History Secret Experiments Conducted on U.S. Citizens

And btw these links have nothing to do with the topic either, but you posted them....

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

The POINT IS, they WERE SPRAYING chemical agents on populated areas, ON HUMANS INTENTIONALLY, and the majority of US citizens DOESN'T GIVE A DAMN about it.

So that is proof that they are doing it today?

So if people don't give a damn why was this study done that was written about in the NY Times article I linked?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

I stand corrected for that first sentence, I made my point in the rest of the post.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by mrthumpy

well in the same sentence...he used chemtrails and contrails...so he obviously differentiates it.

Of course - sounding rockets have been releasing trails of chemicals since at least the 1960's, whereas contrails are made by engine exhaust or other water lower in the atmosphere - and he was contrasting the 2.

But thank you for yet again highlighting how chemmies will quote mine, misrepresent, and deliberately choosing to not understand reality in order to retain belief in their fantasy.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by smurfy

Who's job is it to define these terms? I agree. Lets get that guy to list the definition so we can end these idiotic threads about anything that get's put into the air being a chemtrail. Afterall, I sneezed, so I made a chemtrail. therefore chemtrails are real and we should ground all airplanes. (see where such a stupid argument leads to?)

Meh, there's all sorts of stupid things going on, and with official compliance, like the fiasco over the lithium batteries in the dreamliner. Before the dreamliner you couldn't even put those batteries on a plane as cargo...now you can??
Technically, since the dreamliner's lithium batteries are installed in the cargo area, they should not be connected up to anything. Just another example of the accommodative jiggery pockery that goes on. and then what happens, the batteries start going up in smoke and fire...now since we are talking about airplanes, how stupid is that? Even the Captain that brought the plane down on the Hudson said he would not be comfortable with those batteries in the cargo hold, by default that means connected or not.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join