It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12-Year-Old Egyptian Boy Flabbergasts An Interviewer

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Either the boy reads a lot and hears a lot, or someone had an earbud implanted in him so he could repeat what the people on the other end were telling him to say. We will never know. It's true what he said about a fascist theocracy though, and a military dictatorship as well as having 80 good articles for a Constitution, and 20 bad ones that undermine the other 80.

A Constitution only works as long as the rich and wealthy or those seeking power can't get their fingers into it by using bribes...er I mean "gifts" provided by lobbyists to look "more favorable" towards the lobbyist agenda. That being said Constitutions never last long, because lobbyists and the rich and wealthy will continually peck at government officials until they find one weak enough to take their bribes, and there will always be people who will.
edit on 16-7-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

"Why is that your problem?" (Regarding women being beaten)
"Because it is outrageous!"

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Of course much of it is parroting what he read and what he heard. That's what we all do. We mix and match things we heard to as closely approximate the truth as possible.

Sadly children in the US mostly hear cartoons (which are usually just glorified toy commercials) interspersed with more commercials for toys and candy and fast food. And they read...well fast food menus and toy logos.

So we have a bunch of kids who know all the names of all the Pokemon and can recite the jingle to every toy, food, cleaning product and televisions station but they don't know who the speaker of the house is. They know a ton of information, too bad it's all trivial and solely to get them to buy things.

Garbage in, garbage out.
edit on 16-7-2013 by evictiongnostic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by U4ea82
It's amazing the amount of wisdom children can impart in us if only we would take the time to listen. This boy's parents should be very proud of raising such a socially conscious young man, who is obviously very intelligent.

I very much agree! Children know more these days than we think they do, IMO.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I think Egypt should elect this kid for prime minister.A future academic career for the kid i think.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I wouldn't be so sure that this first grade kid is so intellectually social on his own without some kind of adult influence. This kid is all dressed up, hair slicked back as all of this is a rehearsed interview. The video is horribly edited about dozen times with crappy sub titles that flash so fast you have to pause the video to read it. I could cut a video too and make a person seem as smart as Einstein. All of this is in Arabic so he could be talking about his lost dog for all we know. For a second you can see an arm of an adult pull him over a bit in center of the camera so there is an adult influential presence there.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
Does anyone speak Arabic...The kid could have been talking about Justin Bieber for all i know, but if the subs match what the kid is really saying then..Wow, Just Wow...This12 year old kid should be running against Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood.

edit on 16-7-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

reply to post by sean

Originally posted by sean
I wouldn't be so sure that this first grade kid is so intellectually social on his own without some kind of adult influence. This kid is all dressed up, hair slicked back as all of this is a rehearsed interview. The video is horribly edited about dozen times with crappy sub titles that flash so fast you have to pause the video to read it. I could cut a video too and make a person seem as smart as Einstein. All of this is in Arabic so he could be talking about his lost dog for all we know. For a second you can see an arm of an adult pull him over a bit in center of the camera so there is an adult influential presence there.

Arabic is my native language, the subtitles did match what he was saying.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ozoman

Thanks.

But this is not to say that he wasn't specially selected for the interview or that his answers were not rehearsed.

Ya know, like the president of the US is coached on the questions and answers that are pre-programmed into his teleprompter for off the cuff press conferences. We're used to that here.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparrowstail
I saw this and thought it might generate some discussion. I did a search and didn't see anything. I just took it at face value. Not sure about the source.

Fascinating how much potential a young engaged person has especially when their lives depend on it. I wonder if in fact the subtitles are true to his words. It could be propaganda. I have no real understanding of what is truly going on in Egypt, and I have no strong opinion beyond what seems truthful and in defiance of ignorance.

Apologies if this has already been processed.

This 12-year-old Egyptian boy is putting together some very complex arguments against the Muslim Brotherhood's attempt to grab power in Egypt. If you think he's just regurgitating a script or something, watch him answer a question about gender equality at 1:57.

See video here www.upworthy.com...

Wow, I hope that kid stays safe. Speaking out like that is dangerous in certain countries. The way he is speaking would be considered Blasphemy against the Islamic teachings.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Smart kid.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This is what happens when you have politically aware parents and other relatives talking every evening at the dinner table about the day's and year's events with a child intelligent enough to at first learn, and then become able to create their own views on things.

And I'd be willing to bet a large sum that the Egyptians aren't drinking fluoridated water, eating sugar instead of real food, and wasting their lives on commercialized teevee and video games.

Is there somewhere a study done on 'average' IQs of different countries along with fluoridation and standard diets?

I hope that kid is kept safe from political reprisals. He's a serious contender for hope for a better future for the whole planet.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ozoman
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
Does anyone speak Arabic...The kid could have been talking about Justin Bieber for all i know, but if the subs match what the kid is really saying then..Wow, Just Wow...This12 year old kid should be running against Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood.

edit on 16-7-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

reply to post by sean

Originally posted by sean

Ok, Thanks for that....Smart Kid, Gives me faith for the future of Mankind.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Wow!

I remember a friend of mine telling me a few years back how he believed the evil in this world would be defeated by the next generation. He said that a lot of old souls were starting to reincarnate here specifically for this reason.

Quite frankly, I'm starting to believe it.

A large amount of today's children seem to be far too wise to be fooled in the same manner as we adults have been. Here's another one who appears to be difficult to brainwash...

edit on 24/7/13 by NuclearPaul because: typo

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I think children have always had this capacity, as long as their hopes and dreams weren't being stamped on by the adults around them.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join