It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what was Ascension about?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by fadedface

Sorry I've about had it with the snarky asshats in this thread. If you guys can't keep your snarky tone in check why should people bother talking to you?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Maybe if you presented some evidence of your outlandish claims, people would talk to you with more respect? What have you shown us to make us take you seriously?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DPrice

Maybe if you presented some evidence of your outlandish claims, people would talk to you with more respect? What have you shown us to make us take you seriously?

Altered states of mystical consciousness, such as 'ascension', don't come with certificates or special decoder rings that I can just show you. You would know that if you had an ounce of familiarity with the subject. Since you aren't even ready for mysticism 101 and can't seem to keep your #ty attitude in check I'm going to write you off now. Bye.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Lol bye then

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

Altered states of mystical consciousness, such as 'ascension', don't come with certificates or special decoder rings that I can just show you. You would know that if you had an ounce of familiarity with the subject. Since you aren't even ready for mysticism 101 and can't seem to keep your #ty attitude in check I'm going to write you off now. Bye.

Typical ascension snob I am holier and more transcendent than thou looking down on anyone who dares to question ascension. So what you're saying is that only people who have read a load of mysticism new age mumbo jumbo are going to ascend is that it?

Now I know why 2012 theories such as ascension are so despised.

Also like all new age hokum its very convenient how no proof can be provided.

edit on 15-7-2013 by fadedface because: spelling

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
quite a lot of groups/people, including many natives with the original prophecies said that it would b the beginning of a global shift, awakening both political, spiritual, technological.....

if you look around, most of the ARab countries revolted, US citizens have awakened to the nsa spying, Tech is working on hyper-drives, 3d printed organs, etc etc ......

we might all look back on 2012 and say that was the beginning of a shift

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
ascension should be as easy as turning on a light switch?

you don't seem to realize how much effort and energy goes into something as seemingly simple as turning on a light switch.

on one hand, consider the vast amount of natural, and human resources needed to mine/ refine the materials into their usable forms, switches, wires, power poles insulators, light bulbs, power plants and the fuel to power them continuously...

on the other, the intense effort of mommies, teachers, adults everywhere to train the minds of all children to accept only this small slice out of the vastness of creation as our one and only (3D) reality so that they can go out in the world and bring home a paycheck and sustain the whole system.

it's a tremendous effort engaged in by all matter on this earth to maintain this view of reality. that mankind has done this is really a remarkable achivement!

it takes a lot of personal work to stop this reality and glimpse a view of what else is out there. and to leave this world for another while retaining your awareness is a rare feat.

as far as the 'pic or it didn't happen' mentality goes, i would refer you to the first terminator movie where only living matter can go thru... you fly naked!

that being said, the 2012 acsension thing is probably a bunch of crap.
those channelling aliens are not to be trusted!

edit on 15-7-2013 by tinhattribunal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Slevinq

Yes, You are entirely true with this. It is entirely a heart thing.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
quite a lot of groups/people, including many natives with the original prophecies said that it would b the beginning of a global shift, awakening both political, spiritual, technological.....

if you look around, most of the ARab countries revolted, US citizens have awakened to the nsa spying, Tech is working on hyper-drives, 3d printed organs, etc etc ......

we might all look back on 2012 and say that was the beginning of a shift

I'd say this is the most accurate response on the thread. What over 30 ancient cultures pointed to was not some rapture of dun dun dun ascension, but a global shift out of the proverbial dark ages of me, me, me to we, we, we. I think that new age has become a cult in a way of people profiting by telling people they will ascend via this method or that method or this meditation, etc.

That being said I do agree with what the Maya actually spoke about, a global shift happening from the age of Pisces to the age of Aquarius, one that would lead to positive change. (Not some airy fairy ascension to Utopia)
Humanity is waking up to remember that we are all connected, we are literally star stuff and that we know less than we think we do about the nature of reality. There are always going to be way showers of any generation, in past generations think of Galileo, Einstein, Socrates. In recent history think of people like Bob Marley, John Lennon, JFK, Martin Luther King, etc. Some spiritual type people have some very good information, the key is figuring out what feels right in your gut for you and throw out what doesn't.

Ascension never felt right to me, it felt like a new version of the same old hat marketed as a new one, exit salvation, enter ascension. But and this is a big but, I absolutely know for myself that I have woken up, millions are waking up as I type to the fact that we are all connected and the current system sucks for most of us. People want change, I figure I wanna be here for the show, not off some place with box seats in the nosebleed section.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Working through all the blocks in your body suit, overcoming the world, and your instant reactions ie anger or judgments or greed, and becoming conscious and starting to choose how to react and how to give more, to be generous, and finding your way within, meditating and awakening. Then you attain your Higher Mind.

Alot of good articles here as to how to do this, what it means, and its the actual meaning in the bible, for its a metaphor for the inner journey.

www.spiritofthescripture.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Ascension is about understanding the mind of God unlike any time history, thanks to modern telecommunications. Ascension is also the result of powerful voices arising to lead the world in end times through WW3 and deception. My 2 cents.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join