It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what was Ascension about?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Okay 21.12.2012 was predictably a massive let down but one of the aspects of the ridiculous amount of faceted strands of the whole 2012 phenomenon which stood out for me was this whole business of 'Ascension'.

So supposedly some people were going to ascend in 2012 because of some vague stuff to do with 'Earth Changes', 'Cosmic Energies' and 'Astronomical alignments' (yeah the usual unproveable new age stuff). I didn't feel any of this even in the slightest - what is that because I'm not enlightened enough?

This crap about ascension annoys because for a start the information about it seems unorganised and to come from disparate sources with no clear overriding consensus about why and what will happen. Also it seems really elitist this ascension stuff like to be worthy of ascension you have to meditate constantly and stop eating junk food. Well up yours you new agers I'm not doing this. If ascension existed (which it doesn't) then it shouldn't be an effort it should be easy and effortless so everyone can do it not just the few spiritually aware people.

One of the main sources about ascension that I've found is the work of new age speaker Ashayana Deane who supposedly conveys an ancient wisdom preserved by the 'Melchizedek Cloister Emerald Order (MCEO)' who keep all this knowledge recorded on '12 CDT-Plate holographic recorder disc relics' which only they are allowed to see of course. From this so called ancient wisdom has been derived something called Keylontic science.

One of the claims made by Ashayana Deane is that between 2000 and 2012 energies are being anchored to Earth which will activate 12-Strand human DNA which will re-connect us to our multidimensional selves as well as the 'Source' of all consciousness. Predictably the dates of ascension have been moved forward since the non event of 2012 and now the 'Stellar DNA activation cycle' will occur between 2015 - 17. And from what I've read this is the last chance humanity will have to ascend because the Earth will enter a black hole after this and be permanently disconnected from the source.

What really annoys me about this is that you can only ascend if you have learnt Ashayana Deane's complex ascension and DNA activation techniques and of course a lot of them aren't free. So presumably Ashayana Deane is going to ascend herself after 2017 so what on earth would she need with money? Why haven't all these teachings been made freely available to everybody considering the fate of the entire human race hangs on them.

I'm not a scientifically minded person so will someone reassure me that all this stuff about activating DNA to ascend is just a load of garbage?

Just for a laugh did anyone actually ascend by the way? I only joined this forum shortly before the so called end of the Mayan Calendar last year but I'm sure there must have been individuals who believed in the veracity of ascension. Have they been around lately?

edit on 15-7-2013 by fadedface because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Ascension is a kind of mystical experience. It goes by different names in different mystical traditions. My ascension happened on the winter solstice lunar eclipse back in 2010.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
Ascension is a kind of mystical experience. It goes by different names in different mystical traditions. My ascension happened on the winter solstice lunar eclipse back in 2010.

bollocks

Why are you still on 3-D earth then? Don't tell me you can move between dimensions etc and are connected to the 'Source'?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by fadedface

Hello my dear brother/sister,

Yes, that thing with DNA activation is, as i understand it, bullcrap and not a requirement - it sounds ridiculous to even think it is true - what, only Ashayana whatever knows about that and you have to buy it
DDDDDD ....

However, disinformation about anything in our world is, as you probably know, more than the information. It is so for many reasons which need not be discussed as they will probably be as many as the grains of sand on our beaches. Ascension has and continues to happen every day, every hour. However, it is a personal thing and you realize it once you die. If you have expected to see someone dissapear in light in front of you, you have been misguided since in that way, the person that is watching this (namely you) will have his free will anulled since if you see this, and especially if you see it in a group, you will have no choice but to believe in this since you SAW it happen. That is not how things work - we are in a reality created by our free will and we see only what we allow ourselves to see.

Also, you don't need to know about ascension or even be spiritual (cause the word spiritual has become so distorted that it can surely be said that it means too many things). All you need to do is to start understanding yourself to a degree sufficient to understand that we are all connected, one (although it doesnt seem so) and to choose whether you would like to continue your path by predominantly serving yourself or others. That's it - as you said, it should be and is quite simple (at least on words)

There is so much more to be said about this but one needs to ask first.

Thank you for this opportunity.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
guess it was about you and others flaming people who thought it was going to happen , almost 8 months after the fact you decide to make this thread .

going on a limb here i am assuming it meant different things for different people , how is this really any different from christian people who always think the world will end and be brought up in the rapture..

what is the view like up there on that high horse.

no i didn't think anything would happen on dec 2012 . nor do i bash people who just had hope for a better world

edit on 15/7/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
guess it was about you and others flaming people who thought it was going to happen , almost 8 months after the fact you decide to make this thread .

That sentence doesn't even make any sense.

Originally posted by freedomSlaveno i didn't think anything would happen on dec 2012 . nor do i bash people who just had hope for a better world

So people who believed they were going to 'ascend' were hoping for a better world eh?

As far as I can tell that didn't care jack about this world and just wanted to escape through ascension.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Slevinq

Thank you for that well thought out reply.

I haven't got anything against the idea of ascension but if it does exist it shouldn't be something which is difficult or complex it should be simple as pressing a light switch.

I take exception to these people who say the only way to ascend is by doing a 100 hours meditation daily, only eating grass and worst of all the huge load of crap which says you have to activate hidden DNA by paying for fake courses and tutorials.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

what doesn't make sense .. waiting 8 months to flame people over their beliefs of what they thought would happen .

from what i got some people thought ascension was thought to of been a higher state of consciousness some thought a rapture experience.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Which was coincidently the same day you stopped taking your meds.
reply to post by DPrice

You need to stop trolling people's threads.
After looking at your posts in your profile, almost all of them are one line insults.

You are a troll.

Add some content instead of attacking people.

edit on 15-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Ahahahah, 100 hours of meditation and grasss
DDDD . Yep, i have heard this. Sorry, that i'm laughing - these people don't really deserve sarcasm. For them, it may involve just that. It doesnt matter HOW you'll do it as long as you start to understand that you do not really understand and would like to find out.

I can tell you this - if even only once in your life, even for a second you managed to somehow see, really see with the depth of your heart and mind that we are all one, every being, every man and you realized that you love all of them (even for a second and then you forget) - you are ready my brother. After this thing happens to you, you will gradually (i stress gradually) start to more easily feel compassion and understanding towards others and you will naturally, with time start to desire to be of service to other selves.This is it, this is how "Ascension" feels while incarnated here.

It is not complex, it is not difficult. It takes a heart and it comes naturally with time.

Again, thank you for this opportunity.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlavewhat doesn't make sense .. waiting 8 months to flame people over their beliefs of what they thought would happen.

The way you wrote the sentence didn't make sense. Also I haven't waited 8 months to flame anyone you twit I've made several threads about the huge non event that 2012 was and I think I have every right to question people's beliefs when they are plainly so false and untrue.

Originally posted by freedomSlavefrom what i got some people thought ascension was thought to of been a higher state of consciousness some thought a rapture experience.

Yeah sure a 'higher state of consciousness' its very easy to roll out these empty phrases but what does that actually mean?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Which was coincidently the same day you stopped taking your meds.
reply to post by DPrice

You need to stop trolling people's threads.
After looking at your posts in your profile, almost all of them are one line insults.

You are a troll.

Add some content instead of attacking people.

edit on 15-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

If pointing out obvious nonsense is trolling then sure I'm guilty. I don't see mod on your profile so mind your own business mate.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slevinq

Ahahahah, 100 hours of meditation and grasss
DDDD . Yep, i have heard this. Sorry, that i'm laughing - these people don't really deserve sarcasm. For them, it may involve just that. It doesnt matter HOW you'll do it as long as you start to understand that you do not really understand and would like to find out.

I can tell you this - if even only once in your life, even for a second you managed to somehow see, really see with the depth of your heart and mind that we are all one, every being, every man and you realized that you love all of them (even for a second and then you forget) - you are ready my brother. After this thing happens to you, you will gradually (i stress gradually) start to more easily feel compassion and understanding towards others and you will naturally, with time start to desire to be of service to other selves.This is it, this is how "Ascension" feels while incarnated here.

It is not complex, it is not difficult. It takes a heart and it comes naturally with time.

Again, thank you for this opportunity.

I understand you completely now ascension is about being a good and selfless person and helping others (which I like to think I do or have done) and not about teleporting to other dimensions or becoming pure energy or anything else silly like that.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DPrice

I call it as I see it,
and nope I am not a mod,
just a member who knows what a troll is,
and does not appreciate trolling as it ruins content and threads.

If you wish, I can alert a mod to your trolling, or you can stop and add content, instead of attacking members because you do not believe what they post. You have a right to your opinion, however when you troll people's threads (one line insults) you are breaking the t&c of the website and ruining a person's thread.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by fadedface

bollocks

Why are you still on 3-D earth then? Don't tell me you can move between dimensions etc and are connected to the 'Source'?

Looks like you've fallen victim to misconceptions about it, just as most people did. It's not about leaving 3-D Earth in your physical body via a literal spaceship or whatever. And yes I am connected to the source.

edit on 15-7-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by fadedface

Looks like you've fallen victim to misconceptions about it, just as most people did. It's not about leaving 3-D Earth in your physical body via a literal spaceship or whatever.

Yeah keep up with the thread we've already established that I had a misconception about what ascension is and what it actually is - is simply being a good and selfless person who helps others nothing else.

So nothing supernatural or mystical there.

And yes I am connected to the source.

That's marvellous do you get a certificate for that?

This is what I don't like about you ascension snobs you claim to be connected to whatever spiritual force or on a higher level than the rest of us but what makes you deserve this and others not?

I consider myself to be a good and sometimes selfless person so why don't I feel connected to some imaginary 'Source' or on a higher level?

Just admit that ascension is no different from believing in or feeling connected to God. Don't try and make out it is something mystical and esoteric when actually it is no different from believing in or following a religious faith

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Why don't you tell us in layman's terms what this involves then? What is the source and can we see a photo of it because my imaginary friend Gerald really wants to see. I'll even send you a photo of him if you come up with a source for the source.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Hi again,

I saw what you wrote. I just wanted to say a few more things, and i'll probably stop. What i described is how i know it to be - so it is just how i see it and feel it, nothing more and nothing less. However, there are many wise and i might say enlightened people around the world (enlightened meaning only that they do understand many aspects of life better than many other people) that will give you another perspective on the so-called ascension.

Another thing - it was quite obvious to me that you are more positive than negative in your balance of consciousness. That is why i told you about the positive perspective of this phenomenon. However, if you were leaning more towards the negative (that is an equally legitimate choice) i would have said other things in order to accomodate you.

Also, it is mystical and it is esoterical but only if you see it that way - it is your choice, the answer is within you (i know this has become a cliche but it is true...) . Just keep seeking and you will surely find. Do not shut yourself to information but open your mind and determine what feels right and what does not. Whatever does not feel right to you, discard it, forget it and move on - it would not help you in your seeking if it does not feel right.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join