It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to destroy all diseases (according to the Sandilya Upanishad)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Hi fellow atsers!

I've read the said upanishad some hours ago and thought that it would be a good idea to share this interesting passage with you:

3. Asanas (the postures) are (chiefly) eight, viz., Svastika, Gomukha, Padma, Vira, Simha, Bhadra, Mukta and Mayura. Svastika is the sitting at ease with the body erect, placing each foot between the thighs and knees of the other.

4. Gomukha is (the sitting at ease with the body erect) placing the hollow of the left foot under the side of the right posteriors and the hollow of the right foot under the side of the left posteriors, resembling Gomukha (cow’s face).

5. Padma is (the sitting at ease with the body erect) placing the back of each foot in the thigh of the other, the right hand grasping the right toe and the left hand to left toe. This, O Sandilya, is praised by all.

6. Vira is the sitting at ease (with the body erect), placing one foot on the thigh of the other and the other foot underneath the corresponding (opposite thigh).

7-8. Simha is (the sitting at ease with the body erect) pressing the right side (of the thigh) with the hollow of left heel and vice versa. Rest your hands on the knees, spread out the fingers, open your mouth and carefully fix your gaze on the tip of your nose. This is always praised by the Yogins.

9. Siddha is (the sitting at ease with the body erect) pressing the perineum with the left heel and placing the heel of the right foot above the genital organ, concentrating the mind between the two eyebrows.

10. Bhadra is (the sitting at ease with the body erect) pressing the two ankles of the two feet firmly together against the Sivini (viz., lower part of the seed) - the perineum - and binding the knees firmly with the hands. This is the Bhadra which destroys all diseases and poisons.

11. Mukta is (the sitting at ease with the body erect) pressing with the left heel the right side of the tender part of the Sivini and with the right heel the lest side of the tender part of the Sivini.

12-13. Mayura – (lit., peacock): Rest your body upon the ground with both palms and place your elbows on the sides of the navel, lift up the head and feet and remain like a stick in the air, (like the plant balance in gymnastics). This is the Mayura posture which
destroys all sins.

14. By these, all the diseases within the body are destroyed; all the poisons are digested. Let the person who is unable to practise all these postures betake himself to any one (of these) which he may find easy and pleasant. He who conquers (or gets mastery over) the postures – he conquers the three worlds...

And if they were absolutely right?
Anyway... Have fun with them.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

Nice Thread D1ss1dent, I would just add that maybe some Breath Retention (Kumbhaka) and a little fasting might help with this regimen. Still, a nice simple thoughtful thread
SF

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Try using high doses of Vitamin C, green vegetables, exercise, diet, and abstain from smoking, drugs, and excess alcohol and stress.

Peace

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I had a dear friend that did Yoga on a religious level. He would get up every morning 5:00am and go through his routines. Then he would meditate several times a day. He was very particular about this schedule.

Then one day he wasn't feeling good in a really bad way. The next day he went to the hospital. That is where he discovered that he had Pancreatic Cancer. He died 5 days later.

Though I do believe that there may be some benefits for the mind and spirit I do not believe that it will destroy any disease in the body.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
Though I do believe that there may be some benefits for the mind and spirit I do not believe that it will destroy any disease in the body.

My thoughts second yours. *star* for you

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Yoga does work, but I could never get into those positions. I guess I am doomed. I'm researching things that are not impossible for me to do. I'd have a few dislocated joints if I did that.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
wow i try some..its so difficult and spend so much power..but after that i fell like fly..my body like fly..great!!

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I fully support yoga and alternative medicine.

However, let's be critical and demand evidence.

By these, all the diseases within the body are destroyed; all the poisons are digested

....cuz that is a mighty bold claim and a very dangerous one to embrace with out really good evidence to substantiate it.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I tried some, by curiosity, and my favorite ones so far are siddha and bhadra.

edit on 14-7-2013 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join