It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow-Cuba plane detour sparks speculation Snowden may be on board

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

An Aeroflot plane en route from Moscow to Havana has deviated from its course, FlightAware live flight tracking indicates. The news has sparked online speculation that NSA leaker Edward Snowden may be aboard the aircraft.

Aeroflot flight 150 to Havana took off from Moscow’s Sheremetyevo airport at 14:10 pm local time (10:10 GMT) on Thursday. Whistleblower Edward Snowden has been holed up in the airport for the past two weeks.
rt.com...

This seemed like the right forum to put mister Snowden in.

Anywho, The plane is expected to land in the Cuban capital around 00:30 GMT.

The 30-year-old whistleblower has applied for asylum in over 20 countries around the globe. However, so far only three countries in Latin America – Venezuela, Bolivia and Nicaragua – have said they would grant asylum to the former CIA employee.

So all bets are open, who says the plane will have an accident haha :p. Either way if this guy really is the real deal the plane has got to crash. Perfect place for anything to happen and everyone could speculate fowl play but no one would be able to prove it.

Also, another Cuban missile crisis ?
Edit : Updated link,
edit on 11-7-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
If Snowden is a real whistleblower, the US government will probably not make the mistake of causing an 'accident' to befall him.

I think if anything happens to him, there will be a huge dump of information about the NSA, and it will be damaging info.

It may be the only reason he is alive right now.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Helps to link the quoted source as it states what the diversion is. Have to agree that the change in flight plan is curious but there's still the possibility that they may have diverted due to weather. If the diversion is because Snowden is on board, I hope that the flight and passenger(s) have a safe one.

rt.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I don't think snowden stands a chance to get anywhere other than he is.

A hero!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
It seems to me that when Snowden moves, it will be as 100% unremarkable and indistinguishable from any other flight as they can possible make it. He'll just "appear" in another country and the media can scramble and feel all butt hurt about not being told or figuring it out later.

After all, this isn't a game by any stretch ..and despite Obama's protestations about this just being a '29yr old hacker' he could seemingly care less about? Morales still insists his plane was landed for lack of options in airspace to travel based of U.S. influence. If the US is willing to literally detain foreign heads of STATE ..on the off chance, maybe, their plane is carrying this guy? I'd say anything but 100% and totally invisible by blending in is putting his life and the crew/other people onboard in grave danger.

Totally aside from Snowden being good or bad...right or wrong...the people hunting him literally ARE the guys all the bad action movies get made about and they really really want him for some quality face time, IMO.

I hope this isn't him...It's already become too much a stand out to be really safe.

*If Russia is REALLY serious about moving him without threat, they'll put him on a Russian Military cargo flight into Cuba on a regular supply or support hop and no one will be the wiser until it's all over.
edit on 11-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
hrmmmmm... That would be a little too close to gitmo for my comfort.

however he could certainly snub the USA from only 90 miles away.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree, Obama obviously wants Snowden despite what he says. And is that surprising? Has anything he said matched his actions? In any case, I think Havana is on the flight path from Moscow to Venezuela. In addition, if Snowden was taking a civilian flight, I am fairly certain that all of them fly through U.S. airspace and -

Obama said he wouldn't use jets to force down a plane carrying Snowden. So that means he would.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
Either way if this guy really is the real deal the plane has got to crash. Perfect place for anything to happen and everyone could speculate fowl play but no one would be able to prove it.

I wish people would stop with this.

Snowden has already stated, on record (backed up by Greenwald too) that he has sent out password protected documents of everything he has to other parties, and if anything happens to him they will be given access to those documents to be published.

He has the USA by the balls, and killing him would accomplish nothing except sink the reputation of the USA further all over the world. Millions would be outraged by such an act, there would be marches and protests at US embassies around the world, potentially leading to ambassadors ejected and relationships severed.

Americans might be apathetic when it comes to this, but people all around the world are already incensed at the arrogance and imperialism of America. Killing him, or even detaining him, will likely inspire millions to boycott and reject everything American.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Still Cuba? Cuba hasn't granted him Asylum.

The thing that really bothers me is the fact he has been granted asylum by a handful of south american country's yet he has so not accepted any of them.

Seems odd, also since he arrived in the airport no contact has been made since, no one knows where he is.
reply to post by Rocker2013

Lol Like that assange file where people are still waiting for? Julian tried this also, and talk about a dud. It's like I send a letter to my lawyer in case something happens to me. It might get replaced it might get lost.

Dead man's chess
edit on 11-7-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I would put him on a Chinese submarine and drop him off in Caracas.

Possibly already done.

Be funny when he pops up online once they get him a decent internet connection set up.

eta: am still not decided if he is real or not
edit on 11-7-2013 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Seems odd, also since he arrived in the airport no contact has been made since, no one knows where he is.

That part concerns me, actually. Whatever we each think of Snowden personally or what he's done ..or has evolved into doing (or appears to be doing) there is that fact you mention. Since Hong Kong, he isn't just protected ..he's vanished entirely.

He could be in the transition lounge in their mini-hotel or he could be in a cell block at Lubyanka, answering some very pointed questions about every last detail he knows. I hope he didn't learn the hard way just how deadly serious every nation is about their intelligence gathering. Just a current photo would be good to see he is still in the same physical condition we all last saw him in.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Well last time I read your comments I think you and I both look at him in the same manner.

It all comes down to his motivation really. Like you said good or bad aside. what agenda it might be, at least information hit MSM. and it made some people aware.

That aside, the thing that no news outlet seems to talk about is indeed the fact that he hasn't been heard of since he arrived. Nobody's even asking.

Even RT ( who loves to slam the USA by putting him on air ) doesn't even ask. I'm pretty sure those are some direct orders from mister bear riding Putin himself.

Even Assange hasn't made any public announcement about his health. This also gives me reason to think he achieved his mission and will disappear for ever and all information will come from those two newspapers who seems to have direct aces to him.

Right now there is information being spread all in the name of Snowded said. When in fact so far we only have one documented interview of him.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Looking at the below link the plane is back on the assigned route and due to land at 6:27CDT. Personally I think this is just a way to divert attention while he makes a safer move. Any flight from Moscow to Havana is going to be suspicious. Then the little diversion...seems to obvious.

Flight Aware

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Hey its me, ATS can you please stop updating the NSA on my routes?! Thanks for trying to help but all you are doing to making my life harder. FYI I am actually in the Himalayas so go search over there.

new topics

top topics

join