It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question on signatures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Alright, I have had the signature the way I wanted it before, but when I change it, it goes all weird (as you can see). It's supposed to be a link, at the moment, to a thread, but it looks odd. I assume there is some trick to making this work, and look right, but I can't seem to get it now. I feel like such a noob....
Help?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Some do a [ size]your text [ / size] and others do a [ headline ] your text [/ headline] to make it larger.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Unless you just want to change the link and for that

example

Copy your thread and hit LINK and use the hyperlink option.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well, using the "url" option makes it a link, without the weird text, but it's still small, and the title doesn't show. I know I had it showing the title, and working as a link before, but no idea how. Never tried the size or headline options. Would have to think of something standard. Thanks, in any case!

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Arg, actually got it! I sort of cheated, and opened a "quote" for a post, to see how the code looked for links with titles. You have to add the text after the link address, and before the "[/url]" bit. Don't know why I didn't try that before. You inspired me, I think!

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Glad I could assist! (I often cheat that way. . . ) I'll open a post or copy a quote just to see how the url is set out.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It's a bit different than the usual link code for most places, but doable, with the cheat! Owe you a star someplace!

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Bookmark this link for future reference: A Guide to BBCode on ATS
It has been a lifesaver for me and I visit it frequently! A special thanks to member Loam for gathering so much information in one useful thread!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

Bookmark this link for future reference: A Guide to BBCode on ATS
It has been a lifesaver for me and I visit it frequently! A special thanks to member Loam for gathering so much information in one useful thread!

Definitely will do! The basic stuff is pretty simple, but now and then, some little bit is forgotten. Hopefully, this can help someone else, too. Much appreciated.

new topics

top topics

join