It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know what term is used to describe eyes turning black during a demonic possession?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Just had someone admit that his eyes turned black before passing out at a party. I know there is a term used to describe this phenomenon. Anyone know what the term is called? I think it starts with the letter "g." Any good ATS forum links that anyone could recommend as well?

Life is strange.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
It's called "special effects".

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Or delusions or drug use.
OP show me one case of demonic possession which isn't a mental health issue.
edit on 10-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Its called "black eyes"

vvv

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SuspendedBelief

can anyone produce any credible evidence for this claim of " black eyes " , I really should start at " demonic possession " but lets start with " black eyes "

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
how would someone know their eyes turned black before passing out?

If it was an account by someone else, they were probably talking about dialation. Not the same as the Hollywood special effects.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

My first thought reading the op and title of this thread was identical to the first reply - special effects.

It has been awhile since I have read older accounts of supposed demonic possession, but it seems to me that the idea of eyes blacking out is largely a Hollywood mechanism for showing possession in a very telling and visual way - though I would not be surprised if they took that cue from older anecdotal precedent.

I have no trouble believing that a person who was feeling bad might well be aware of how their eyes appeared - as making ones way to the bathroom and to the sink ( and mirror ) is what I think most people would do if they were feeling that way. The bathroom offers solitude ( so we don't have people fawning over the fact that we appear dizzy, or lost ) and a chance to splash cold water onto our faces... a universal instinct when one feels like they might pass out.

Given the clues here... potentially highly dilated eyes, being at a party... I would have to say that this is probably less an issue of demonic possession ( though the person who endured this might subjectively interpret the experience this way for any number of reasons ) - the more likely explanation for dilation and losing consciousness is extreme intoxication from alcohol or drugs. This is possible even if the person in question does not drink or use drugs - as some people find it humorous to spike drinks.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Someone else posted about it before....here's what they found:

there is one disease called alkaptonuria that results in bluish-black sclera and it is very rare, and it is not even close to the pitch black eyes. There is another disease called Malignant Melanoma of the Conjunctiva you can read about it here, and again it doesn't justifies those hollow pitch black eyes.

Here's the thread link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Couldn't find a term for it (nor any real substantiated evidence to prove it happened during a possession). Doesn't seem to exist outside of Hollywood. There are many accounts where the eyes roll up into the head though.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
It's called Black eyed possesions, Black-eyed P's for short!

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Attention Seeker.

Yeah, that's it.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
how would someone know their eyes turned black before passing out?

If it was an account by someone else, they were probably talking about dialation. Not the same as the Hollywood special effects.

It happened at a party with many witnesses.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Thanks for the link. I don't think it will help but I will take a look at it.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
It's called Black eyed possesions, Black-eyed P's for short!

Hmm, I thought that was just the name of a band. At least I got a good keyword phrase to start with. I know I have heard the term before, but I can't remember the movie that was explaining it. Some peoples eyes go black, others get snake eyes. This is all I know about the phenomenon.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

This might help.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tylerdurden1
en.wikipedia.org...

This might help.

Thanks, will check it out. I am going to find what this term is and will post it back here, even if it's five years from now.

top topics

join