It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden confirms NSA created Stuxnet with Israeli aid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Snowden confirms NSA created Stuxnet with Israeli aid

rt.com

The Stuxnet virus that decimated Iranian nuclear facilities was created by the NSA and co-written by Israel, Edward Snowden has confirmed. The whistleblower added the NSA has a web of foreign partners who pay “marginal attention to human rights.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

In an interview with Jacob Applebaum published in German daily Der Spiegel on Monday, Snowden stated that the US and Israel were behind the computer worm. Stuxnet infiltrated Iranian nuclear facility networks in 2009-2010 and was used to change the speed of thousands of gas-spinning centrifuges, sabotaging nuclear research.

Washington and Tel Aviv were thought to have been behind the cyber-attack, however, this was never confirmed by either government.

“The NSA and Israel wrote Stuxnet together,” Snowden told Applebaum in the interview that was carried out in May.

So knowing this, is this not an act of war? Or will ATS keep insisting that Iranian governement needs to be wiped of the face of this planet?

Also this article leaves me with a few questions.

Before I get to my questions there is this nice little paragraph which makes one wonder...

Snowden stressed that the National Security Agency (NSA) often cooperates with foreign partners through a special body known as the Foreign Affairs Directorate (FAD). Referring to Britain, Australia, New Zealand and Canada, also known as the ‘Five Eye Partners,’ he said their practices often go further than those of the NSA.

Interesting wording no?;Shame the Illuminati don't exist, i'm sure they would make some good evil schemes... Oh wait...

I have to admit, this interview also makes me start to doubt if his genuine. I mean, its one thing to bring out information on the mass spying. But this stuxnet seems like a few levels above top secret who only a select few generals would know.

So if he was in the loop of stuxnet, what else does he know?.

And to repeat my first question, if this is true ( we have no reason to doubt him so far, just his motivation ) Then how will the UN react towards Israel and the US?

Then again; their all in the same league.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 9-7-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Yet more evidence that the U.S. seeks to control ALL of the middle east

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I'm not very familiar with rt.com, how credible have they been in the past?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Looks more like trying to control nuclear development by Iran. "Trying to control the Middle-east" is a bit of a stretch.

It's the Brits that pushed the Egyptian intervention as well as the Libyan. The U.S. was a minor player in both.

Bottom line is the Brits are the ones who messed up the middle-east after WW1, not to mention the Israeli mess in '48.

A little more objectivity, please....

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Would you rather US just militarily attack Iran or use peaceful means of twisting their arm like Stuxnet and sanctions? Make no mistake, Iran will be prevented from aquiring nukes, so I don't want to hear "US should leave Iran alone" because that isn't an option anymore. I think Stuxnet was a measured response to Iran's refusal to be forthright.

What will UN do about it? US has been the victim of cyber attacks, too. What did UN do then?

edit on 9-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Armadall

RT is more credible than your average mainstream media outlet, however RT is a great russian propaganda tool. But they always use "credible" sources and don't post BS.

Its just the way they make up articles that quite heavy on the western bashing hehe.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

This is getting ridiculous, really please tell me, how can you stand and trust the years of information provided by YOUR corrupt government as truth?

Even with all that is coming out, you really believe they are honest and want to bring " democracy" to Iran or the middle east for that matter?

It all comes down to oil and the fact they arn't working with the system ( central bank ). How many massacres did Iran commit?

At this point the only nation that should need to be stripped from its nuclear arms is the US. They have proven over and over they are not capable of wielding such power.

I just don't understand posts like this; you despise your government for all that it does, yet when it fits your personal feelings ( which are fed by western propaganda ) then all is well and we should thrust them blindly when saying they are evil terrorists plotting to rule the world.

I really suggest you look at some interview from Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Here i'l help you.
rt.com...

When you actually try and stay neutral this guy makes more sense then your average president.

And before someone call's me a fundi, i don't not like any act of extreme thinking, be it western or Islamic.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

This is getting ridiculous, really please tell me, how can you stand and trust the years of information provided by YOUR corrupt government as truth?

I don’t believe everything they say.

Even with all that is coming out, you really believe they are honest and want to bring " democracy" to Iran or the middle east for that matter?

I for one could care less about democracy in Iran. We just don’t want the theocratic, terrorist supporting loons in Iran to have weapons capable of delivering mass death on a grand scale. Iran doesn’t deny its nuclear pursuit. It’s not for energy…they’re sitting on enough energy to power the world for 100 years.

It all comes down to oil and the fact they arn't working with the system ( central bank ). How many massacres did Iran commit?

If that’s what you believe….

At this point the only nation that should need to be stripped from its nuclear arms is the US. They have proven over and over they are not capable of wielding such power.

No bias there!

I just don't understand posts like this; you despise your government for all that it does, yet when it fits your personal feelings ( which are fed by western propaganda ) then all is well and we should thrust them blindly when saying they are evil terrorists plotting to rule the world.

I really suggest you look at some interview from Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Here i'l help you.
rt.com...

Talk about propaganda!! No thanks!

When you actually try and stay neutral this guy makes more sense then your average president.

Oh, you mean neutral LIKE YOU - the person who wants to strip US of its nukes?

Get real!

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The United States making Stuxnet is secondary, since US Authors or at least close help with Israeli programmers was already common knowledge and only missed someone who saw it directly to say so.

I'm far more interested in this "web of foreign partners" he refers to. He's already gone WAY past simply exposing wrongdoing by the US against the US, so why stop here and now? Lets hear all of it...and spit out the names of those 'foreign partners'.

The impression seems to be left that the U.S. is Pappa Smurf to the world wide intelligence system when I think it's far closer to the truth that the U.S. is the 'gizmo store' that supplies almost all the high tech toys and through the NSA, coordinates and directs much of what happens ....but as members of an international effort which so far? No one seems to be asking too hard for names on.

He finally eluded to the existence of this world wide club we're but members of...not the undisputed leader of. Now, details!

edit on 9-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko

Originally posted by Armadall

RT is more credible than your average mainstream media outlet, however RT is a great russian propaganda tool. But they always use "credible" sources and don't post BS.

Its just the way they make up articles that quite heavy on the western bashing hehe.

RT is as credible or not credible based on your own bias. You have no method of knowing if they always use "credible" sources.

More to the point though, is there anything to say either Snowden really said this, and if he did, is there compelling evidence that it is a fact or is it once again his suspicion?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

I believe much of What Snowden has said, but would love to see the "proof" of it all.

That being said, Many Countries during the Cold War helped one another, as they do today.

No one really wants a Nuclear Iran, except Iran. If North Korea can threaten those it deems as enemies daily, what will Iran's reaction daily be when it gets Nuclear Material for its bombs? Before I get flamed that it cant happen, just look to the Constant call of the "Great Satan", and "evil Zionists", that is ever prevalent here on ATS.......

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Snowden getting his 'intel' from WIKI ?

Operation Olympic Games

www.nytimes.com...

Snowden Confirmed?

LOL.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Senduko

Would you rather US just militarily attack Iran or use peaceful means of twisting their arm like Stuxnet and sanctions? Make no mistake, Iran will be prevented from aquiring nukes, so I don't want to hear "US should leave Iran alone" because that isn't an option anymore. I think Stuxnet was a measured response to Iran's refusal to be forthright.

What will UN do about it? US has been the victim of cyber attacks, too. What did UN do then?

Until the current nuclear nations relinquish their weapons then Iran has every right to arm itself.

To act against that is an act of war and the aggressors will get no sympathy from me if they suffer consequences for their actions.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizenx1

Until the current nuclear nations relinquish their weapons then Iran has every right to arm itself.

To act against that is an act of war and the aggressors will get no sympathy from me if they suffer consequences for their actions.

So, with that Logic, a Surgical Strike on Iran would be the Worlds best option since we don't know what Iran's capabilities and plans are if they DO get Nuclear Weapons, hey?

Have to love what-ifs......

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by citizenx1

By that logic, the fact the Nuclear Club cannot un-invent what most would love to un-invent means all 200+ nations on Earth have equal rights to demand the same Nuclear warheads be a part of their inventory right? We ought to just throw out all ideas of non-proliferation or not seeing these spread until they eventually get into hands eager to use them?

Personally, I've never bought the idea Iran is making warheads anyway. They most certainly DO have a Military nuclear research complex. It's called Parchin and the Iranians actually use the fact it IS a military nuclear facility to argue against inspections, since the agreements only allow for civilian facility inspections. What are they making with nuclear technology under Military efforts? Well.... I've always figured EMP/Neutron or even propulsion tech in an entirely new direction from everyone else. They are a budding space power with solid accomplishments in that area, after all.

Stuxnet was just kicking a hornets nest, IMO

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by citizenx1

And the Jewish people gave the world nuclear bombs Einstein and Oppenheimer turns out Iran doesn't like them too much but wants what they created.

Ironic that is.
edit on 9-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Personally? I would love to see the World ban Nuclear weapons and the making of them. The problem is that box cant be closed.

All it would take is a few crazies hellbent on starting Armageddon, and the World we know, ceases to exist. That is the Scariest thought.

We all know if Terrorists had their hands on these weapons.........

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

dude, you nailed it

snowden etc is "project camelot" for the big kids

we are being told continually "the system has to be rebooted"

but the serpent is only intending to shed its skin

it's all about ousting old networks and having a patsy to pin everything on

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join