It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argh!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
When your just about to trip into deep meditation and your phone alarm pulls you back with - BEEP,BEEP, SCREECH!

Gar!

4th
5th
6th lines

I'll try again shall i.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Or you hear a loud popping sound that brings you back. Ugh!

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

When meditating, aren't you supposed to sort of roll with all those little things that happen while you're alive, like alarms and itchy faces and cramped legs? Just realize that it's happening, accept it, and move on. Keep meditating.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretsOfMe
Or you hear a loud popping sound that brings you back. Ugh!
..I miss those,disappointing although quite invigorating...a nice electrical snap

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady

When meditating, aren't you supposed to sort of roll with all those little things that happen while you're alive, like alarms and itchy faces and cramped legs? Just realize that it's happening, accept it, and move on. Keep meditating.

That's the trick. Well the point of it really. But a lot of people really enjoy the sleepy relaxed sensation that also comes with it and forget that it's acceptance of everything and being mindful of the moment that is being sought, not oneness with everything so you need to exclude everything.

With meditation comes a lot of physical pleasure when you reach a point. But that's not the point of meditation. And if you only meditate to avoid the physical position you are in, you're going to fail at it, and it's going to frustrate you.

I knew of a guy once, he couldn't meditate when his mobile phone went beep beep. I read about it on the internet once

Try meditating while you're being active. Busy. Instead of taking or letting your mind take you out of what you're doing. Focus on every single sensation, noise, aroma. STINK, echo in the distance, ticking of a clock, drip of water, car horn, notice the sounds of them all, the feelings of the clothing on your skin as you move, how things that usually would have you draw into an imaginative world where you argue, laugh, etc, watch those moments appear and leave...

And if you can do that and not crash your car, then nirvana!

Mobile phones and beeps are a part of life. If its not them, it's that pesky tree falling in the woods with no one to hear it. But either way it's something. Acceptance of those things and not struggling against them.. that leads to serenity.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

better preparation next time?
or ear plugs ?

as zeroready points out and winofiend elaborates
you're not supposed to allow suchlike to distract you [or fall asleep, see Bodhidharma's method for preventing the latter]

even worse is when after ignoring you for the longest time "family" and "friends"
show up start banging your door. this is why going out into the wilderness, immuring yourself in a cave, or climbing a mountain is recommended.

even then there's hassle from the matrix
consider what poor ol' Siddartha had to put up with

new topics

top topics

join