It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL Names of the Bible

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by occrest

Originally posted by occrest
I have also been searching for the true names that should be used in the Besorah (good news) In my search, i have come across a few youtube vids that helped explain the names and the reasons as to why they hve been changed over the years.

Thanks for the interesting videos...

Found some more links by the same author:

Messenger of the Name Interview with Dan and Maria of Hebrew Nation Radio
Dan and Maria interview Mark Manning (dead link to MP3
)

The Creator of all things revealed his name a staggering 6828+ times in the TaNaK called the "old testament". Through the years his name has been "banned" from use and covered with replacements terms such as "lord" and "god". However his true name is commanded to be used even if it means death. This video will reveal the truth regarding the Name of the Almighty. www.youtube.com...

Maria Merola interviewed Mark Manning from Greenville North Carolina on her weekly podcast. Mark has done an enormous amount of study and research regarding the sacred name of God (Yah). In this podcast, Maria and Mark discuss the many variations used today for the name of God, and Jesus/Yeshua.

Mark also reveals why the sacred name of God has been concealed for hundreds of years by the scribes and Pharisees who believe that the name of the Almighty is too "holy to pronounce." But scripture commands us to "call upon the name of the Lord" and this is why Satan has tried to conceal what that name is.

In these last days, the Holy Spirit is drawing his remnant back to the "ancient paths" of understanding the Torah (5 books of Moses) and restoring us back to "one pure language" and the creator's true name (Zephaniah 3:9).

messengerofthename.com
Messenger Of The Name | Facebook

edit on 5-7-2013 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

wow, very nice sources to research there, thank you very much

Goin to take me a while to get through that

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Thanks for the links.
I have found Mark's teachings to be quite revealing when it comes to the sheer amount of layers of deceptions woven about mankind throughout the ages. To be quite honest, when listening to his teachings, and with what i have found at www.worldslastchance.com... , the world as i knew it has been virtually turned upside down and inside out, with many, many questions being answered, and even more arising.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
ABSOLUTELY nothing in the BIBLE is true. It is a fictional account of NOTHING.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
In the future.....

Jesus name will be Bobby the Mac.

John will be Snoop Diggy.

Paul will be Jizzy Jay.

David will be Smack Daddy the Shizzy.

God will be Eazy E.

And so on and so on.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Minus

the angels have a way of getting names to us. For the most part they are able to get what is above to the below. There is much hidden info in names and nicknames and short sayings. We just have to receive it all with an open mind to start to see what is happening on different levels.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Words are really unusual in their meanings. I imagine names would be that way too, and the meaning of the names is important.

An example, something I viewed years ago took an english, very coded word, and broke it into its components, and the basis of the main part, was a word that was very old, surpassing biblical times, in China, and all the codings, associations, meanings, and if you will their "magic", which is caused by focus, intent, soul attention or thought, associations that that particular aspect has with any other surrounding aspects, for example, a red flower that has heart shaped petals is associated with other meanings that are red and heart. if that flower is placed with something that has "red" coded in as a location, and/or heart, and they can make a cluster of associations, then it creates a strong standing wave in the "ocean" of the universal energy waves.

Language has a meaning, but from what I have researched into their occult things, it also is like a spell.

So what these names mean, and what can they be broken down too, and what are the most ancient meanings of the components in ancient China, Egtypt, Veda, Sumar, phoenician, or anything really old. And the meanings would stack, with the oldest being the foundation.
edit on 5-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This is a bug bear of mine..

The names were helenized to take the Jewishness away from the Bible..

Jesus for example.. Iesous in Greek =man of zeus or hail zeus.. The Hebrew Yeshua= Yah is Salvation or more literaly I AM Salvation.. So you see.. His Name is His mission.. In greek?.. What has He to do with pagan deities???

James=Jacob or Yakov
Judas=Yehuda
John=Yahannon
Mary=Mirriam
Joseph=Yoseph

What I find interesting is that in most of the names in their proper format is that Gods true Name is inbeded in them.. In effect "they" blotted out Gods Name!
edit on 5-7-2013 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Jeez, four pages for a simple question?

His name was Yochanan.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
Jeez, four pages for a simple question?

His name was Yochanan.

yep and yahweh is jehovah so we are both right.

i said this like 5 pages ago lol but i'll repeat it
john is from Iōannēs which is from Yowchanan
which is from Yĕhowchanan, which is from
Yĕhovah and chanan, which means Yehovah is gracious.
Yehovah is Jehovah and also Yahweh.

You can trace its etymology one more step back to
Hayah is gracious.
Hayah is in the I AM THAT I AM verse. thusly:

Hayah Asher Hayah.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Jesus for example.. Iesous in Greek =man of zeus or hail zeus.. The Hebrew Yeshua= Yah is Salvation or more literaly I AM Salvation.. So you see.. His Name is His mission.. In greek?.. What has He to do with pagan deities???

James=Jacob or Yakov
Judas=Yehuda
John=Yahannon
Mary=Mirriam
Joseph=Yoseph

What I find interesting is that in most of the names in their proper format is that Gods true Name is inbeded in them.. In effect "they" blotted out Gods Name!

i think the idea of "pagan" deities being either non-existent, or unrelated to god in anyway, is a concoction of the vatican. there are several places in the old testament (and even a few in the new testament) where it briefly indicates other gods exist, a divine council exists, and so on. these things weren't put in there to ignore, but when you have the only copies of the book on the planet, you can say it means whatever you want, cause who's gonna argue?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
interesting reading on the subject

Heavenly Divine Council
www.herealittletherealittle.net...
and a pdf by dr. michael s. heiser entitled

What is an Elohim?
www.thedivinecouncil.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Jesus isn't Jesus either but it does not matter. We no longer need to speak Latin to be spiritual and language does not disqualify any person.

If I call you Trevor, are you any less the person you really are. I call an Asian man Dan when his name is anything but... but it does not stop any form of the relationship as he still hears me and relates to me.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minus
Hello members

I have for a long time wondered about the names in the bible, and how the church have decieved the population in the respective countries by changing bible names into something more suitable.

For eksample John the Baptist - wonderd if any people in the middle east ever was named john?
In france his name is Jean
In spain his name is Juan
In denmark his name is Johannes
In Italy his name is Giovanni

Anybody know what his REAL name actually was?

And this disinformation goes for many many names in the bible just so people better can relate to them or is there a better explanation to this?
Would it have changed anything for the succes of christianity if they kept the original names?

The purpose of this is not dumb trash on religious people - but out of curiousity
I hope there is some good suggestions out there

edit on 4-7-2013 by Minus because: corrected spelling

Dear Minus,

Hispanics spell Jesus' name the same as English speakers; but, the pronounce it "Hey Zeus". I am pretty sure they are talking about the same person. Your question I usually hear from extreme fundamentalists and Jehovah Witnesses. What does it matter what the named sounded like or was spelled like? These names had meanings associated with them. Let me tell you a true story.

I met this lady, she was a missionary and went to Papua New Guinea to live with a tribe that had never seen a white person. She spent a few decades with them, learning their language and giving it a written form. She then took the written language and wrote their first bible for them. In the bible it talks about how wheat is the staff of life; but, these people had no wheat. Their fundamental food was a tree sap that was rolled and semi-dried. She used the word that they had for this goo to explain the idea behind fundamental food source. She wasn't trying to be tricky. She was trying to explain a concept.

A few years ago she began traveling the nation with some of the tribesmen, some of whom had gone on to college. I am sure that she was able to show them bread and wheat and explain it at that time.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Not sure if this will do the trick for you. Perhaps you will get different names?

..... a decent way of looking for inaccuracies/differences is to work with the Latin Vulgate.

The Knox Bible is an accurate translation of the Latin Vulgate.

Short description:

"Translated from the Latin Vulgate and compared with the Greek and Hebrew Texts single handedly by Ronald Knox over nine years."

Here is a link to Bible Gateway - Knox Bible

I would suggest checking verses there and seeing if you come up with differences compared to the translations you're used to.

Quick example. I Corinthians 6:9. A popular one in today's climate
Here is that verse from the Knox Bible.

Yet you know well enough that wrong-doers will not inherit God’s kingdom. Make no mistake about it; it is not the debauched, the idolaters, the adulterous

Here is that same verse in the oh so popular New International Version (NIV) translation:

Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

Clearly something is awry.

So yeah what I normally do is translate from the Latin Vulgate or use the Knox.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
Dear Minus,

Hispanics spell Jesus' name the same as English speakers; but, the pronounce it "Hey Zeus". I am pretty sure they are talking about the same person. Your question I usually hear from extreme fundamentalists and Jehovah Witnesses. What does it matter what the named sounded like or was spelled like? These names had meanings associated with them.

Yes im also sure they talk about the same person. To most persons it dosnt matter what the original name was or how it was pronounced, and i dont question if the value of the bible would be lesser to people jsut because they praise a name that is significantly different the the original name of that person - as you say it means the same.
Im question how much change is natural and how much is on purpose - and if if the christianty would have the same succes through time, if they didnt had those massive changes.

Let me tell you a true story.

I met this lady, she was a missionary and went to Papua New Guinea to live with a tribe that had never seen a white person. She spent a few decades with them, learning their language and giving it a written form. She then took the written language and wrote their first bible for them. In the bible it talks about how wheat is the staff of life; but, these people had no wheat. Their fundamental food was a tree sap that was rolled and semi-dried. She used the word that they had for this goo to explain the idea behind fundamental food source. She wasn't trying to be tricky. She was trying to explain a concept.

A few years ago she began traveling the nation with some of the tribesmen, some of whom had gone on to college. I am sure that she was able to show them bread and wheat and explain it at that time.

Its a good story, thank you for sharing

But thats a little of what i thought about, that representatives of the bible changes the story to secure new members - im sure she had no bad intentions for those people at all, but would she be able to stick to the bible concept and have the same affect? in this case im not sure anyone would have converted without the twist and small white lies, What do you think?

Your question I usually hear from extreme fundamentalists and Jehovah Witnesses.

I can assure you im none of those, and i have no agenda towars any religion/God by making this thread

edit on 6-7-2013 by Minus because: corrected spelling

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

James=Jacob or Yakov
Judas=Yehuda
John=Yahannon
Mary=Mirriam
Joseph=Yoseph

Thats what im talking about, changes that makes no natural or linguistic sense, but changes that had another purpose. Virgin Mirriam isnt hard to pronounce for eksample, or any of the other names, they where changed to make the concept more succesfull... maybe

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Minus

Dear Minus,

Its a good story, thank you for sharing But thats a little of what i thought about, that representatives of the bible changes the story to secure new members - im sure she had no bad intentions for those people at all, but would she be able to stick to the bible concept and have the same affect? in this case im not sure anyone would have converted without the twist and small white lies, What do you think?

It is not a "massive" change and doesn't effect the message. Translations are tough because we don't all have the same words or concepts. When I preach I have to be translated into Spanish. So, I am speaking in English about things that were written in Hebrew to people who speak Spanish. There could be some confusion. The message I teach is simple, love God with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself. It translates well enough even if they use different words.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

It is not a "massive" change and doesn't effect the message. Translations are tough because we don't all have the same words or concepts. When I preach I have to be translated into Spanish. So, I am speaking in English about things that were written in Hebrew to people who speak Spanish. There could be some confusion. The message I teach is simple, love God with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself. It translates well enough even if they use different words.

Thats true, and make sense - the message is simple, and some translations become natural.
I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but there are also taken certain liberties in a number of translations which could easily have remained effectively the same, but had a more convincing effect to the majority of the people.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Originally posted by Minus
Im not here to preach or trash religion.

God is NOT religious.

That would be the imposter: AKA "the god of THIS world".

Religion and God's WORD have NOTHING in common.

Then why does religion use the word of god to support its doctrine? That's at least one thing they have in common: the bible. Another is that Jesus is the son of god, and another is that Jesus died for our sins.

Seems like your assumption is proven wrong when you really get down to it.
edit on 6-7-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join