It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1-2 Feet Deep Hail... In Santa Rosa, New Mexico!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity

I wasn't talking about 1 event, like this hailstorm.
I'm talking about the high and low pressure systems.
Didn't a similair scheme of high and low trigger all that tornadoes?
In Europe there is a scheme between high and low during winter en even now it is pretty similar.
The outcome is unusual with weather called unstable but how the high pressure and low pressure is organized is stable with slight variations.

I did not try to say stable in the sense of sunny and partly cloudy. I ment to say stable in the sense of the same patterns for weeks.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

Thank you for clarifying,

And by the way, even a tornado outbreak in the Midwest is rather unusual, though the systems that cause these conditions are not as unusual. It's the parameters, such as the CAPE, LI, lapse rates, bulk shear, jet stream, etc. all mixed together at high values; now that's unusual.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Thats impossible.

Didnt you see that other thread? Its as hot as hell outside. Snow, ice, anything cold, is a figment of your imagination.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Not impossible.

Hail-producing thunderstorms usually happen in warm/hot weather due to updrafts of air in the thunderstorm where water freezes when it gets pushed up high enough.

There are photos, multiple witnesses to this weather as well as the weather records for this incident so it wasn't anybody's imagination.
edit on 5-7-2013 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Not necessarily a bad thing or omen. Especially at this time of year. If it wasn't destructive it might have been recognition of merit, spiritual merit.

Snow and white are symbolic of spiritual purity.

Could be that some people are getting the hint.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
christmas in july! may not be snow, but I hope the residents took the time to enjoy the white coating ... I know I miss our powdered scenery in my state already

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

IF i remember right.. i was driving my SUV that day.. I am pretty sure that tipped the climate change in new mexico

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
While heavy hail is not super uncommon (although that is a good bit for that location at this time of year), there is no doubt our weather is changing. We are topping the hottest decade on record with more higher than average temperatures worldwide. And while people can continue to blithely claim that as humans, we couldn't possibly have an adverse effect on our planets climate, I feel otherwise. I've seen very small interferences by humans in the environment cause drastic changes. The world is actually very finely balanced ecologically - it doesn't take much to tip that balance.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I'm an OTR truck driver, and I drive through Santa Rosa twice a week. It was wicked. It reminded me of this last winter in Wyoming
One of the other teams on our route got stuck on I-40 West bound due to all of the semi-trailer accidents related to the storm. Normally this time of the year, we're worrying that our loads of yogurt will go over 38 degrees, not this week!

edit on 6/7Jul/13 by rob20153 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

1-2 Feet Deep Hail... In Santa Rosa, New Mexico

Very strange weather occurrence for July 3rd.

Texas is having record lows, while northern California sees close to record highs.

...the jet stream's strange orientation, which looks like it is becoming more of the new "normal" in the last few years.

All of this and you don't want us to even mention global warming? Seriously? I guess it's all just coincidence then. Maybe you should have let someone else report the series of crazy weather anomalies then. Someone who respects the fact that this is what the science predicted.

edit on 6-7-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula
Not necessarily a bad thing or omen. Especially at this time of year. If it wasn't destructive it might have been recognition of merit, spiritual merit.

Snow and white are symbolic of spiritual purity.

Could be that some people are getting the hint.

2 feet of hail.
It's a miracle!

Said no one sane, ever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join