It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Audio* Students turn NSA recruiting session into a HEARING

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

ad·ver·sar·y
[ad-ver-ser-ee] Show IPA noun, plural ad·ver·sar·ies, adjective
noun
a person, group, or force that opposes or attacks; opponent; enemy; foe.

dictionary.reference.com...

Yes! This is what we need more of! Perfect, simple and concise questions. The more exposure these type of things get the faster people start to wake up and the truth will out imo.

Much respect for these well spoken students that had the courage to ask the obvious (not to mention all important) questions. Questions we should all be asking.

Surprise surprise Mr. NSA denies the existence of any alleged elephant in the room.

Peace. ~
edit on 5-7-2013 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Great post/find, @OP. It's awesome that these young people are calling out these dirt bag NSA tools for the lying ordure bags that they are.

However, I'd also imagine that these young people will now be on FBI/NSA surveillance lists as well as TSA terrorist lists.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Thanx for sharing

This girl is awsome - it was a bold move, to stand up to the mighty NSA in their faces

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
A little more to provide context of what happened...

mobandmultitude.com...

Dressing up in costumes and getting drunk for social entertainment?!... So that's what happened to those people who used to play live action fantasy games in the park!

Times, they are a changin'.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
This is absolutely brilliant stuff. Assuming this is genuine, then the young people who turned this session around on the NSA, are a wonderful advertisment for the people of the USA. People living in the states ought to be very proud, to be part of a society which spawned such sharp witted students, and such brave ones too.

These students have grasped the issues fully around the neck, and throttled them. If the people working for the NSA, were even half as intelligent, valiant, and patriotic as these students, then the arguement we are listening to right now, would not be happening.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
It looks like some ordinary Americans are realizing what government agencies are doing in their name and have decided, "This is not us".

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
LMAO who is this guy?

"Our business is A-political"

WHAT?! HAHAHAHAHA

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I had to log in to say "Thank you so much for sharing this". Thanks!

Reading on ATS, I see the youth of America trashed on a daily basis, but this exchange is much more representative of the young people I interact with.

These students were absolutely brilliant!

Stop-hand wringing with worry about the future of America--young, fearless, educated people such as those on the audio, are more widespread that many older folks think.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

S&F! Powerful stuff. I'm surprised these recruiters didn't jump up and run out.

I am surprised they allowed any of these kids to question them!
Can any of this be corroborated? because I find this hard to believe!

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I encourage everyone on here to share this with everyone they know and to local news media outlets I mean everyone every group. As I intend to do this immediately following this post. That was definitely inspiring to say the least. Props to OP for posting.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Starred and Flagged.

These student just schooled the NSA.

The line of questions, logic and train of thought was impeccable, but when people stick to the truth it is easier to remember.

edit on 5-7-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This

In case you didn't read the transcript of the NSA recruiting session, this is the recruiters response to who the NSA's targets are and why they are chosen:

"If you wanna use the word adversary, you ca– we might use the word ‘target.’ That is what we are going after. That is the intelligence target that we are going after because we were given that requirement. Whether that’s adversary in a global war on terrorism sense or adversary in terms of national security interests or whatever – that’s for policymakers, I guess to make that determination. "

The NSA Comes Recruiting

Take note of the part where the recruiter says "in terms of national security interests or whatever – "

"...or whatever"

Meaning they can target anyone for any reason whatsoever, as long as "policy makers" determine someone is to be targeted.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The students asked the right questions. I would have pressed the Constitution and the fact that they do whatever they are told, even if it goes against the Constitution.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Interesting article.

I have a different understanding of this recruiting exercise though. I would like to know how many of these recruiting Q&A's went on after the Snowden story broke. My line of thinking is that the NSA is doing a national survey of schools to find out just how widespread the discord with the American public has gotten. They are searching the schools so they can get the broadest audience with the most participants in a fairly "covert" information gathering scheme.

I would venture to say they are not recruiting but actually trying to find out the influence the Snowden leak and other stories are having on the youth in America. They want to know who they are going to have to fight and on what grounds the public will turn when it happens.
edit on 7/5/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
If and when revolution happens, it will happen in the colleges. Among those with the least amount to lose financially.

The older you get, the more vested you become in the system. That is why we all sit here and whine all day about the NSA. Whining is all we do.

We call it activism, but posting to Facebook is still just whining.

Like in the 60's, it is the youths of America that must end up being our salvation.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
They sound nervous, like they know they shouldn't be asking these questions.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neobludragon

I think that is an over simplification of thier tone of voice. These are the voices of people who were compelled by thier patriotism, thier respect for self determination, and for the rights of citizens, to ask questions that they knew might, potentially, land them in a heap of trouble.

That they asked these questions anyway, that they wouldnt let it drop, despite thier concern, is testament to thier honour, and makes the act of asking them an even more significant, an even braver act.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Surveillance of everyone is just the tip of the iceberg.

It gets kinda weird and is out there in unbelievable lala land where it doesn;t necessarily have a classification.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Pretty epic stuff. You just know those agents wanted to be some place else.

I loved it when the woman explained why it WAS here business.

There isn't much of a retort for that.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It is really great to see that left right are coming to meet in the middle on crucial constitutional civil right issues.

It also begs the question, when it comes to the first and fourth amendment, we must defend the constitution at all costs but when it comes to the second amendment, th constitution is a living document?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join