It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake-Anonymous posts video about Above Top Secret - Uses April Fools Joke as Evidence

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Archie
FWIW, they were dead on the money.

You are a vulgar and abusive liar.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I read the originating documents stolen by Anon from various private security contractors who were working with the government on control and surveillance. It was a project that Glenn Greenwald, Michael Hastings (deceased) and Barrett Brown (in prison in Texas for three years and awaiting trial on barely related trumped up charges) all worked on, helping to sift through the docs. They put a wiki together online and added to it when they could. The website has been recently taken down. BUT this is the general jist of what was there.

You may recall that one of the things that came out in the big HBGary Federal data dump was that the US government had put out a request (that HBGary was thinking of bidding on) for software that would let the government manage a bunch of social networking profiles at once, in order to create a series of different online personas on different social networks that could all be easily controlled by one person.

Well, HBGary Federal didn't get the account... but someone else did. Apparently a company called Ntrepid has scored the contract and the US military is getting ready to roll out these "sock puppet" online personas. Of course, it insists that all of this is targeting foreign individuals, not anyone in the US. And they promise it's not even going to be used on US-based social networks like Facebook or Twitter, but does anyone actually believe that's true? As for HBGary Federal, losing out on this contract may be the least of its problems. Congress is now investigating any contracts the government currently has with HBGary, along with partners-in-planning, Palantir and Berico.

US Military Kicks Off Plan to Fill Social Networks With Fake Sock Puppet Accounts

I'm sure Barrett Brown has written articles about it but i don't have time to find them right now.

DuckDuckGo/Startpage is your friend, folks.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Xcal2k3
Well can anyone prove to me that is not ran or atleast monitored by the DOD?

GOD-DAMN IT!

When do you children go back to school?

How many times do we need to repost repost repost repost this?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Archie
FWIW, they were dead on the money.

You are a vulgar and abusive liar.

Prove it.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Archie
Prove it.

Seriously?

That's not how it works impudent troll.

You support lies about me, lies based on lies, with never any supporting evidence offered by the plethora of idiots claiming to do research on me, my partners and my staff.

This is getting really old folks. Here I sit to wrestle with the code/CSS for the new ATS.5/3, and I find this crap staring me in the face.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Keep it up people, I am having the best time of the day with this thread.
is past my bed time but darn I am having a good time, I want some more postings and links.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I believe my work here is done
It's been a slice. Hasta la vista etc, et al. Goodnight and good luck, intrepid ATSers all.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I feel obligated to star Ops first post after admin edit. There is a difference bewteen conspiracy and stupidity. A homemade YouTube video isn't proof. Especially one that was a known joke. Even if it wasn't a joke. I could do a video 20x better then that that would cause someone to make a thread with no proof.

Archie I starred him and I didn't get paid to. More baseless opinions. What's the saying. Just like a ******. Everyone has one and they all stink.
edit on 1-7-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I'm almost afraid to post in the thread now that I see the owner is getting angry, however, in the defense of ATS, (not that it needs my defense)
if it was a gov run site trying to control information, I would not be here.

Those of you who believe that ATS is run by some psy-op need a reality check something fierce.
Why would Anon go after a site that promotes discovering the truth and denying ignorance?
Is not that what Anon is supposed to be for as well?

Again, do a reality check...
Take a look at the April fools day joke, realize that you are still falling for it, and shut up already.

Some disgruntled banned ATS member more than likely made the youtube video.
And for the record......

ATS is the best for its type of site, and not some Government trying to keep us from the real truth, or I would not be here.
Ok, I am wandering off again someplace other than this thread as I have said my piece.
Love in, Peace out!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Xcal2k3
Well can anyone prove to me that is not ran or atleast monitored by the DOD?

GOD-DAMN IT!

When do you children go back to school?

How many times do we need to repost repost repost repost this?

I am attempting to sympathize with your frustration. Yes, the user is very irritating and insulting, especially as you work diligently to improve the site for the benefit of us members. For my part, your efforts are appreciated and the site is constantly improving from a design standpoint.

That being said, and there's no other way to say this, I wish you didn't respond to a troll with such overt rage. It seems a bit unbecoming and frankly, beneath you. Also, I have been post-banned for less-offensive material than the content of your posts.

I am sure I'll get bashed, but I really haven't said anything wrong. And thank you again for your hard work. Sometimes it may seem like nobody cares because you have to deal with a lot of internet-trash on your site, but lots of intelligent people enjoy your work.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

InTheFlesh1980
That being said, and there's no other way to say this, I wish you didn't respond to a troll with such overt rage.

Everyone has their breaking point... after the 978th time with this crap.

We've tried ignoring it --> result --> "no response from ATS, we must be on to something"

We've tried being nice and showing the truth --> result --> "we got a response from ATS, we must be on to something"

No more Mr. Nice Guy. Seriously. Anyone who comes here telling lies about me, my partners, and my staff will indeed experience my rage. Get over it.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

This is a great site and you all do a great job and I've even had a few threads killed lol but it was deserved. I understand your frustration dealing with idiotic nincompoops! But don't take it so personally as long as there is internet there will be dumb ass trolls.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The sheer stupidity required to totally miss the fact the "proof" is a fake April Fools Day gag is beyond even the lowliest troll, only someone who wants to make up lies because they're frustrated or envious can make the assertions in that video.

As SkepticOverlord, has said, it's nothing more than libelous crap being spewed by an idiot who could not act grown up or civil enough to avoid getting banned for being a jerk. We've dealt with this many times in many ways and the bottom line is that envy of this sort knows no bounds or decency so we won't afford it any or give it any quarter any longer...

Enough already. There's REAL issues worthy of the fervor, NSA being an obvious one.

Springer...

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
mods, owners. please forgive my brothers they know NOT what they say.
everyones on edge lately, with the spying and what-not.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy

everyones on edge lately, with the spying and what-not.

It's got nothing to do with that. This sort of thing has been going on for years on all the conspiracy sites.

There are a lot of people online with varying degrees of delusions who enjoy thinking they're important enough to be the target of alleged Spy versus Spy shenanigans.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
This thread is still on?, I guess the rage (I thought it was hilarious) did its intended outcome The littler children got scared, still it was interesting, sometimes I miss this type of things and by the time I notice them the threads or post are banned.

So I was expecting this thread to be over with overnight.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Anon is a Government entity. How else do they do what they do, and get away with it, unless they are "allowed" to do it?

I'd go far as to say they are a government RUN entity. They could be, and probably are, blissfully unaware of this fact, because of the decentralized system the "group" uses.

To be clear, anyone with a computer and internet access who goes into the right IRC room can be part of 'Anonymous'.

But it's not about how they do what they do and get away with it, cybercrime is pretty easy actually, and considering the NSA has been PRISMing the crap out of the entire global communication system, it's pretty funny to think they'd be hacking some of the stuff they have, without getting nailed.

But no, it's not about that, it's about WHAT they do. with a few exceptions, most of the actions attributed to them in fact strengthen the governments position on internet monitoring and curbing free speech. Anon is the poster child for government regulation of the internet.

Now why would a group fighting to protect my rights and freedoms, hack sony and sell my credit card details on the internet? How does that help ME? How does that help anyone other than the government lobbying for full unfettered control of the internet, to protect us?

It doesn't.

any moron can install a DDoS client. Any moron can install a distributed computer app to help bruteforce passwords.

Sure there are some people operating under the Anon banner that do care, and are trying to make a difference. Sadly, they are the minority.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Dear Mr. Overlord,

Thank you and Springer as well for taking the time to come in here and set things right. It is really pathetic when you try to tell someone something and it goes in one ear and out the other. I can fully appreciate your frustration.

By the way, I think the moral majority really loves your site. Don't let those ATS Haters get the better of you. Thanks for making ATS one of the best forums on the net.

P.S. . .. And mr. Overlord, could you please change your GOD-DAMNED avatar .. .. It Scares the living hell out of me.. Escpecially when you are mad.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Exposing the dreamworld we believe to be real
SHTF411.com/connecting-ats-to-the-Department-of-Defense-working-research-thread-t569.html
Insane Media

The above is only but a single shovel load of what I found backing up the o.p...

Perhaps they created such posts out there because they are "haters" or perhaps they are competitors...bottom line, test everything. I'm new here but it seems to me that the mods are a bit "protective" of words that might be thought provoking.

Thankfully, even though our communication is exploited and our words censored it is the spirit of comradery that makes or breaks this site.

edit on 3-7-2013 by chadash because: second link not working

edit on 3-7-2013 by chadash because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2013 by chadash because: still trying to get the second link to work

edit on 3-7-2013 by chadash because: hmm...second link?

edit on 3-7-2013 by chadash because: well the info is there to go to the link but for some reason it will not link

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join