It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop acting like a cowboy accuses Belgium couple of being terrorists for breastfeeding a baby

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

It becomes even more insane when we consider that almost every male has spent endless hours of their lives trying to fondle or suck on a womans' breast.

Thank you sir for your fine contribution of truth.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

Uh yeah there are serious doubts about it. You've still left important context out of the situation. That is not the whole picture. 1. Previous terrorist threats had been made to that specific club 2. Terrorists have used babies previously as distractions/defense. 3. The couple in question did have a suspicious black backpack, and terrorists at the Boston marathon recently had black backpacks. 4. The cop enetered the situation knowing all of this, and on top of that, felt suspicious that the cops had to be called in the first place. Knowing full well that terrorists have threatened that club before.

But today with terrorism being in your face almost every direction you look when when it comes to media and how other situations have been handled, why wasn't a special swat team or terror task force sent in and only this cop?
If it was a terror alert as described in these times of terrorism why was this guy sent and not the FBI or a police swat team? Wasn't half of Boston shut down after the attack to find the culprits, why if this was a terror concern that such minimal force was displayed when other time maximum force is?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale
reply to post by Kody27

Uh yeah there are serious doubts about it. You've still left important context out of the situation. That is not the whole picture. 1. Previous terrorist threats had been made to that specific club 2. Terrorists have used babies previously as distractions/defense. 3. The couple in question did have a suspicious black backpack, and terrorists at the Boston marathon recently had black backpacks. 4. The cop enetered the situation knowing all of this, and on top of that, felt suspicious that the cops had to be called in the first place. Knowing full well that terrorists have threatened that club before.

But today with terrorism being in your face almost every direction you look when when it comes to media and how other situations have been handled, why wasn't a special swat team or terror task force sent in and only this cop?
If it was a terror alert as described in these times of terrorism why was this guy sent and not the FBI or a police swat team? Wasn't half of Boston shut down after the attack to find the culprits, why if this was a terror concern that such minimal force was displayed when other time maximum force is?

Because it was a call about a boob, not a call about a terrorist threat. The context of previous terror threats just made the cop a little wary, that's all. Does this really need further discussion?
edit on 3-7-2013 by Kody27 because: edit

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
reply to post by poet1b

Well here what makes a terrorist (Adding breast feeding, writing in chalk, and possessing sparklers)

Protesting anything (such as participating in the “Occupy” movement)

Questioning war (even though war reduces our national security; and see this)

Having bumper stickers saying things like “Know Your Rights Or Lose Them”

Taking pictures or videos Talking to police officers

Writing on a piece of paper (Not having a Facebook account may soon be added)

And holding the following beliefs may also be considered grounds for suspected terrorism:

Being frustrated with “mainstream ideologies”

Valuing online privacy

Being anti-tax, anti-regulation or for the gold standard

Being “reverent of individual liberty”

“Believe in conspiracy theories” (see this)

“A belief that one’s personal and/or national “way of life” is under attack”

“Supported political movements for autonomy”

“Suspicious of centralized federal authority”

“Fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in orientation)”

www.washingtonsblog.com...
edit on 1-7-2013 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

This is the very reason why I stay away from society as much as possible.
edit on 3-7-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

Because it was a call about a boob, not a call about a terrorist threat. The context of previous terror threats just made the cop a little wary, that's all. Does this really need further discussion?

Well then, if it was call out about the boob, then whats all the talk of terrorism and what not.

If there was a complaint made and cops were called out to subdue the situation and they knew the situation was a mother breast feeding why all the hand on gun, cowboy stance and talk of terrorists using a black bags?

If it wasn't known that it the tits that need covering up it would be reasonable, but if cops were called out and knew what for, what occurred makes very little sense.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Dominar

Personally, I think what the Belgian guy said was a bit racist. So, if you look European you cannot be a terrorist? Only brown people, I take it?

Much agreement there, and restaurants are basically canteens. Aside from that case in point, in a cafe recently I was sitting with my wife opposite, the next row up and behind my wife, a woman was glaring at me, and I thought, WTF is that all about? I had no clue that she was feeding a baby, as all I could see was a face, but the glaring went on and eventually I said to my wife what was going on with this glaring, I don't know her, my wife though had long copped on before we had even sat down, and conveyed the message. So, what are you supposed to do in a restaurant? put a bag over your head in case your are looking the wrong way?

I don't get it.. she was staring at you while breastfeeding, why?
Were you staring at her?

Please explain, I feel really stupid.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale
reply to post by Kody27

Well then, if it was call out about the boob, then whats all the talk of terrorism and what not.

If there was a complaint made and cops were called out to subdue the situation and they knew the situation was a mother breast feeding why all the hand on gun, cowboy stance and talk of terrorists using a black bags?

If it wasn't known that it the tits that need covering up it would be reasonable, but if cops were called out and knew what for, what occurred makes very little sense.

Dude you're going in circles. The talk of terrorism and whatnot came from previous threats to that specific club.

The cops only knew that there was reason enough for the cops to be called, and that it involved a couple with a baby and a black backpack at a club that had terrorist threat made to it before, and the cop had known that terrorists use babies as distractions sometimes.

Quit complicating things.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

This shouldn't shock anyone here. Common sense is seriously lacking around the world.

No one said you had to be smart to be a cop.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I can see the new call of duty games being composed of civilians and police officers, cowboys and Indians, terrorists and marines, civilians and cops all the same thing huh

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

The cops only knew that there was reason enough for the cops to be called,

OK, If I am complicating things why post this earlier what I was replying directly as I quoted it in my reply.

Because it was a call about a boob, not a call about a terrorist threat.

This is contradiction in your posting why I keep asking questions.

Does this really need further discussion?

Why not? Its on topic is it not?

The talk of terrorism and whatnot came from previous threats to that specific club. The cops only knew that there was reason enough for the cops to be called, and that it involved a couple with a baby and a black backpack at a club that had terrorist threat made to it before, and the cop had known that terrorists use babies as distractions sometimes. Quit complicating things.

Its not complicated at all,

If the complaint was made about a breast feeding mother and police were called.

I understand the point of previous threats to the club and what has been used to perform acts of terror using similar equipment to what the family had, but the reason and excuse or what not is that terrorists have done this in previously but where? "in Sri Lanka". So now what is done overseas gives justification for this type of action in the "Land of the Free"?

It doesn't say in the article who called police and what was said but it does say (from article linked in OP)

The officer reportedly told the couple that they were trespassing and that other patrons at the club believed them to be terrorists because of the black backpack the couple had in their possession. “In Sri Lanka, babies are used by terrorists,” the cop allegedly said

Was the complaint about boobs or suspicious looking individuals?

it doesn't say, so I am curious is all.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
haha this reminds me of my trip to america in my youth, I must of been about 19-20. Americans are so tetchy or should I say the Police are.

I was visiting Niagara falls and when on the american side went up to the american falls. Anyone who's not been, there's a public path that leads up to the fall with a fence about waist high. Basically I jumped this fence and sat on a rock to have a photo taken with the falls behind me, was a great shot. I must of been over this fence a matter of seconds.

Anyway went back down the path and you have to take a lift out of the place back up to ground level. We get back up to the top and i notice in the crowd of people about 5-8 police looking over at my direction and pointing towards me, i remember thinking who the hell are they pointing at looking behind me lol. Next thing I know the #ers run up to me surround me and say we know what you have done. I was oblivious... "what the # are you talking about?" They drag me off away from my family for a "private" word.

They said "why did you do it? I said "do what?" They said we have been watching you through our security cameras. "O, Right?.. and" They said "You jumped the fence, cant you read?" I laughed and said "I was just having a photo taken". They said again "cant you read the signs". I didn't notice anything, was very safe was far from the edge sat on a giant boulder. Apparently there's a little sign at the start of the trail. I basically said "sorry I didn't notice it, I was under no danger."

Next they said "would you jump a fence in your country?" I said "yeah, I do it all the time and I wouldn't be arrested for doing so in my country lol." At this point he rest's his hand on his gun and says I "I have the power to deport you." I said "its ok, i'm going to Canada soon as you let me go." At this point he asks for my passport writes some details down and lets me go. Knob.

There really weird about drinking in america too. I was 19-20 years old and they were being funny about me drinking in bars. In New York i was reduced to drinking out a paper bag looking through a window watching the euro 2004
England vs portugal i think it was

The whole trip left a bad taste in my mouth. Admittedly I was young and a bit cheeky in the later parts of the conversation but the whole thing was over the top.
edit on 4-7-2013 by tdk84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

The cops only knew that there was reason enough for the cops to be called, and that it involved a couple with a baby and a black backpack at a club that had terrorist threat made to it before, and the cop had known that terrorists use babies as distractions sometimes.

Um YEAH, because no one ever calls the cops for stupid reasons.

Do you really believe any of this nonsense?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Next thing you know they'll start hanging people for being witches
oh wait a minute they've done that already...

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

I wouldn't be surprised if burning witches (old ladies living alone with lots of cats) wouldn't be making a comeback real soon.

They have already started ostracizing people for safety violations. Safety laws have already been twisted so far, it makes Orwell's "thought crime" seem reasonable.

It is hard to imagine what will be done in the name of the war on terrorism.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

all that is new has happened before and no one takes notice.
Our kids are indoctrinated to believe all of these actions against freedom is ok. I never had these issues breastfeeding my children, what could be more natural than to feed children from the breast for which it was created for? oh but its ok to show the breast as a sexual object, are people that confused?

I no longer understand our world it's upside down and doesn't make sense to me anymore

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join