It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Statement from Edward Snowden

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
During the Summer of 1990 I was studying International Business Transactions at the University of Innsbruck and had Czech professor teaching a humanities course in International Law, it was there that I discovered to my shock, that the United States never signed on with the other countries who adhere to and recognizes human rights professed by those other countries.

Years have now passed, and I always found it strange as many do that we "allegedly" defend the rights of man but never signed the agreement with other nations. So in effect the United States does not value human rights as suggested, but in fact has followed a pattern of destroying them around the world, and now in our country.

The Constitution of the United States is only a document for 99% of us, the 1% who control most of the assets and congressmen in Washington continually ignore it. Few Federal Departments have not violated the Constitution and the rights it conveys to Americans and why do we allow it?

Well . . . as long as we are comfortable and the other guy is doing the suffering we are O.K. with it. As long as we can have a mortgaged house, mortgaged car, mortgaged education, an a new IPhone every year we have arrived. Most Americans are to shallow to understand the travesty taking place in this country, but Mr. Snowden did, we have a faux president and government who act when the puppeteers pull their strings.

So when you think we are free people, you have another think a com'in . . . we are controlled like cattle, as evidenced by air travel in this country, as evidenced by having to be within an hour driving distance of our job (if we have a job) and each day our savings deminish and the dollar becomes worth less. In short we reside in a country controlled by a government who is consumed with farming everyone of us, and that includes deminishing our economic welfare, creating a warrior state, and don't you really just miss Tom Ridges homeland security lights that used to be posted after 9/11.

There are no human rights in our government, they never signed the treaty. John

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Faust100f

Well said. I never believed we are truly a free country. The Land of the Free? Ha, as if! More like Land of the Free-Roaming Sheep. We cannot sleep on a beach in the States if we really wanted to without a cop telling you to get off the beach, yet we can do this in multiple European nations without a problem. People are allowed to serve in the military, own a home, vote, drive a car, smoke cigarettes, etc. by the time they are 18 years old but oh my, we cannot have a beer legally 'til we're 21 years old, yet every other country in the world has a lower age minimum. In some countries, it is legal to smoke weed regardless of whether or not you have medical problems, yet only some states enable you to smoke legally based on the grounds of having medical issues. those are just a few of many examples that we aren't really a free country. Our rights are being striped from us more and more every day. If you ask me, our country is becoming more and more of a dictatorship (currently is but in disguise). In other countries that are true dictatorships, at least the government tells you up front "my way or the highway". Here in the US? The government pretends you have a say in what laws are passed, what rights we have, how our tax dollars are spent, etc. yet we quite honestly have a much smaller say (if any at all) than what the Feds want us to believe.

The Land of Opportunity? What a joke. People today are unemployed and unable to get jobs in ridiculous numbers today. This was a great advertising line the US government cooked up in order to get people to come over here. My great great great grandparents from Italy (I think I have the right number of greats here ha ha) along with other Italian immigrants who came here ended up bitterly disappointed. They expected to live in a similar way they did back in Italy (farming families with decent quality homes that have marble floors in them). What happened when they got here? They ended up being poorer than before, were living in homes of inferior quality that had wooden plank floors. "Oh watch your step, that plank sometimes kicks up if you step on it over here". "Really, this is what I came to America for? To live in a piece of # house where I have to watch my step all the while I work my ass off every day?" Ha ha. So much for "The Land of Opportunity". The movie "An American Tale: Fievel Goes West" also emphasizes the point where the feds scammed everyone into thinking America is The Land of Opportunity, as the father complains about the LACK of opportunities in the States. In other words, immigrants from some countries actually found themselves to have DOWNgraded instead of UPgraded in lifestyle after moving here, much to their surprise and despair.

If you ask me, the saying "America, Land of the Free, Home of the Brave" is the ultimate scam of the United States government has provided with immigrants all of these years to get them to come over here and populate this nation. Sure you may be better off living here than in some countries but people go on and on about how we're supposedly this great country when we really aren't for many reasons. As "unpatriotic" as this may seem to some people, I'm simply stating it as it is. There's a difference between being loyal to your country and living in denial or in ignorance.
edit on 7/1/13 by rainprincess64 because: Adding

edit on 7/1/13 by rainprincess64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Not his citizenship, his passport.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I ask again, what are you going to do to change it? Try getting out on the streets, making your voices heard. Inform others, inform yourselves, keep talking about, maintain the rage.

Every person that says you're unable to is either a government shill or a lazy thinker.

Imagine what US society would be like if everybody thought nothing could be changed? You'd still have slaves working the cotton fields and women would be in the kitchen and birthing babies.

Thinking otherwise makes you powerful and dangerous, which is what Snowden is telling you. Anyone that says otherwise or puts forward an argument full of minutiae is trying to make lose sight of the big picture.

Put a bit of truth in a thread and it immediately becomes buried by bull#.

Your governments and intelligence services have breached their oath to uphold the Constitution.
Your governments have lied to you.
This is not okay.

Don't ever let these facts be buried.
edit on 1-7-2013 by Archie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by introV

No, the Obama administration is afraid of you. It is afraid of an informed, angry public demanding the constitutional government it was promised — and it should be.

Goosebumps. If only the average citizen gave a hoot about ANY of this stuff.

It's all a lot of hooey unless he releases something of substance. If he had any real damaging information of illegal activity, he wouldn't be stateless as there are laws that protect whistleblowers. So as of now, this is a diversion from something else and not what it is meant to look like.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22
If he had any real damaging information of illegal activity, he wouldn't be stateless as there are laws that protect whistleblowers.

What laws might that be?

I am thinking about several whistleblowers right now that are mysteriously dead,
many others are under investigation, and everyone is under meticulous surveillance.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

It's all a lot of hooey unless he releases something of substance. If he had any real damaging information of illegal activity, he wouldn't be stateless as there are laws that protect whistleblowers. So as of now, this is a diversion from something else and not what it is meant to look like.

OMG, wood - trees. Don't be so willfully ignorant. Try telling that to the governments of Hong Kong, China, Germany and France, the citizens of those countries and the citizens of the EU as a whole plus about a million plus of your fellow Americans. Go on, i dare you.

"Dear Angela Merkel and all German Citizens being spied on (I mean glanced at sideways once but we really, really didn't mean to), I write to inform you that your anger surrounding reports of US surveillance as outlined by that man are really nothing of any substance. Please calm your farm, now, dear, and QUICK! WHAT'S THAT OVER THERE? Yours forever in the name of transparency, decency and the American way, Bilk22."

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Originally posted by Trueman
I predict more people coming up like him.

No matter what they do, this is unstoppable.

I believe restoring America has began.

Though I wish it were true I'm afraid it isn't, it will have to get much worse, the masses are too attached to their flat screen tvs, smart phones and other status conscious toys and symbols. People live in fear, divided, die-hard materialists - how worse could it be, or how better could it be if you were a globalist? What percentage of the population is even reflected on this somewhat awakened site, 2% maybe? Probably much less........

And there it is, PlanetX. It's the last mental lock on the door the sleepers can use to
fight off the ugly reality.

Even if they kick your door down, it's only a 25 to 1 shot whoever's next door will
even notice. It has to happen HERE and to ME not on the TV or even down the street.
We've been made to feel alone, helpless and even made out as crazy for believing
Mommy and Daddy would ever hurt us.

If the police come after a domestic, or a drug dealer (or I didn't do anything like that)
even next door there's still some cognitive insulation. WE're just doing our jojb and staying
out of trouble. The job the globalists have done on us is done... they got the great majority
of people to believe patriotism and good citizenship means obeying your government.

But when it all hits the fan it's because the government, using bad unconstitutional
laws made us all outlaws--- and everybody has to get moved away from their hot
chemically laced nutritional sedatives and hypno-flicker and get prodded onto the truck
by soldiers from some other place, it'll be too late.

In every tyranny the first victory is proving to the population there is no US. It's already too
late to warn everybody else, and I agree about 98% are still in the fog about the clock
about to strike. I expect the uniformed forces will strike quickly and with much more
effectiveness than has been previously described in the media... another Sun Tsu ruse.

Probably to half the American population, Snowden is just playing hooky from school.
And what makes me the most discouraged is how much of the other segment might be
calling him a traitor for noticeably threatening their physical and mental comfort level.

These guys have got it down, and have for thousands of years. Dancing on the razor's
edge of a total tipover, taking us out one at a time until it doesn't matter anymore...
because that 2% of us awake are easy to scrape up.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archie
reply to post by talisman

So, what, you are helpless?

Are the American people being held captive by their government unable to do anything at all to effect real change in their own country?

Wow, that is not a country, that is an open prison.

I can kind of understand the apathy. Sometimes when the cage door is opened, even just a bit, a creature held too long in captivity will prefer the security of the cage. This is the American people it seems. Tamed and domesticated l'il critters, the lapdogs of the elite.

I wish it were not this way. Unfortunately it is. I wish we all could change what is happening, but it seems more a dream than a reality. I think a lot of people love the illusion. As long as they are comfortable enough, they are not willing to allow the light of truth in.

Snowden seems to think the Gov is afraid. I just don't see this. The United States has become a very unique "Beast" if you will. One that can offer the illusion of choice while also offering the illusion of the "american dream" and if they can pacify the masses with a comfortable existence they can operate under the veil of "National Security" a lot more easily. The masses always ready to believe in what the Gov says as the media just parrots the line over and over and over again.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
what's going on is the answer we all need but sadly no one is brave enough to ask the question. he's taken point and no one is falling in line. we truly are a dependent and scared nation of cowards.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
The guy sounds pretty sharp and makes some great points, I can see why for the most part the lamestream media has negatively slanted comments when talking about him.

Has anyone on ATS been staunchly opposed to what he has done and outed themselves as either ignorant or a blantant tool of the globalists?

The lamestream media, that was in my honest opinion a very good and funny call to be said. That made me laugh for a bit i must admit

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizenx1

I'd have expected this behaviour of Bush but never of Obama. Just shows how power corrupts.

Obama promised us two things: Transparency and fundamental Transformation.
We know now which one of the two we got.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Is Mass Spying Being Used to Make Some People Rich?
www.washingtonsblog.com...
edit on 2-7-2013 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I am not trolling, and I want to say this as diplomatically as possible,

-and perhaps I am ill informed, ignorant of current events.... perhaps the media here in Europe hasn't been doing it's job in regards to this situation...

But he says the government is afraid of the people...?

How long since Snowden came out with this now?
How many huge protests have gone down?
Have they stopped up the streets?
Have the people all refused to go to work, to do their jobs, to keep the machine going, in order to make an impact??

I sorta doubt the government is very scared of the people.
Just sayin'......

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by introV

All it takes is The Weight of One Truth set on a Mountain of lies to tear down that Mountain. Momentum is building like a rocket. You will see. The collective masses are awakening from their slumber. Remember you were once asleep too you know.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by citizenx1

It's so obnoxious to see the reports of the MSM about his last statement, simply a bunch of twisted lies piled up to manipulate the population, making him appear like a cry baby that now has "nowhere to go, and so he blames the Obama administration for denying him the right to seek asylum".

Of course, not a word being said about the government afraid of the informed public statement.

I just HATE the manipulation done by the MSM, the comments are full of people that clearly feed from the MSM and their minds are their to be controlled and filled with whatever they want to.

It makes me so mad to see the manipulation while I cannot do a thing about it.

edit on 2-7-2013 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Well said and well done Edward Snowden!

He is right, this is absolutely a Human Rights issue, the rights of humanity having privacy, the rights of a man that exposed unethical government practice for the good of humanity, and the right of being allowed his identity. He didn't cease being a US citizen, he isn't convicted of anything, he has the right to his passport and the right to appeal for amnesty.

The more that people of the world are educated on the true nature of their governments and general unethical practice. the more people will be able to have a real say in the democratic processes in their lands.

Revealing truths about governments is like taking off a blindfold, only with clarity and true sight can people make INFORMED decisions about their leadership and the decisions they make 'on their behalf'.

Every revealed truth is a step forward towards true democracy and having governments that act for the people they are 'elected' to serve.

Furthermore the governments of the world should be lobbying for his freedom.

Campaign for Snowden here

The authorities and press are deciding right now how to handle this scandal. If millions of us stand with Edward in the next 48 hours, it will send a powerful statement that he should be treated like the brave whistleblower that he is, and it should be PRISM, and not Edward, that the US cracks down on.

edit on 2-7-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

For decades the United States of America have been one of the strongest defenders of the human right to seek asylum. Sadly, this right, laid out and voted for by the U.S. in Article 14 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, is now being rejected by the current government of my country. The Obama administration has now adopted the strategy of using citizenship as a weapon. Although I am convicted of nothing, it has unilaterally revoked my passport, leaving me a stateless person. Without any judicial order, the administration now seeks to stop me exercising a basic right. A right that belongs to everybody. The right to seek asylum.

Yes , like Japan , Vietnam , Afghanistan , gulf war , Iraq and Libya.

US govt has always been seeking peace and equality.

There are many things I don't understand about these one night hero.

But the most certain part is that they don't need the govt work.

They are agents of same old war-mongers like Bushes and etc etc.

But remember that I don't support Obama.

I am very wondering about rise of whistle blowers.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Poland says won't grant asylum to Snowden

WARSAW | Tue Jul 2, 2013 1:09pm IST

in.reuters.com/article/2013/07/02/usa-security-snowden-poland-idINDEE96104Y20130702

(Reuters) - Poland has received a document seeking asylum from U.S. spy agency contractor Edward Snowden but its foreign minister said on Tuesday he would not recommend granting the request.

"We received a document that does not meet the requirements for a formal application for asylum," Radoslaw Sikorski wrote on his Twitter account. "Even if it did, I will not give a positive recommendation."

Wikileaks said on its website that Snowden's legal representative applied for asylum in a number of countries, including Russia, China and France.

(Reporting by Chris Borowski; Editing by Christian Lowe)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Poland says won't grant asylum to Snowden

poland....*shakes head
you did so well with monsanto, and now you disappoint me

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join